Krayt Raid base requirements

Shreazla
10 posts Member
edited April 2023
Looking over the post from the Road Ahead - Correct me if I'm wrong, but - it looks like there is a base difficulty which is different than level 1, based on this quote -
These difficulty modifiers also allow many different levels of players to participate in the event. Base difficulty will be around G10/HSTR (Note: this balance is still being finalized) and can be scaled up to challenge even the strongest players in the game.

^^ That, paired with "level 1/GS XII" being labeled with "Additional Effects" implies that the lower difficulty will have a lower set of requirements.

Which brings me to the question -

Do we know if the base requirement for characters/teams is going to be based on stars at all?

I'm asking solely because Tusken Chieftan is currently sitting at 5* while the rest of the team will be relic'd by the time the new raid is released. If I need to invest in farming him faster, I'd like to know sooner rather than later (though obviously I'm already behind, if that's the case) - I wasn't expecting Warrior to be such a breeze to 7* (Thanks for the easy farm CG!)

Do we have any other information/confirmation about base-character requirements for this raid, at this time?

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    i wouldn’t rush it as raids will run every week, and there are other factions you can use while your chieftain is behind for a while
  • Oh, I'm certain, and I already have full R5 Hutt Cartel and R5 Jawas, alongside a hodgepodge mix of GS XII and Relic'd TOR.

I'm just trying to get an extra team geared, due to -

1 - The potential for specific factions to work better/worse than others for better scores
    2 - Extra teams for optimizing the (as I understand it, limited) number of attempts we have, better to use a fully synergized Tusken team than to use Hutt Cartel scraps, if (for instance) we only get 4 attempts we're allowed to submit, and I submit

a) Hutt Cartel #1 (Jabba Squad)
    b) Jawas
    c) TOR
    I'd much prefer d) 5x Tuskens, over trying to make something work with my leftover Hutt Cartel (or worse, unsynergized TOR!).

... but dead honest, more than anything, I was just curious because it was a point which wasn't explicitly/clearly laid out (as I read it, at least) in the forum post, so this question is actually more to satiate my curiosity as much as anything else.
  • LordDirt
    4999 posts Member
    CG loves panic farming
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    CG loves panic farming

So do I - it's the fastest way to farm :smiley:
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Remember when Crancor required r5 as a miimum?...... Pepperidge farm remembers.....
  • The requirement dont seem too bad. We will have to see how the difficulty and rewards are scaled to trully judge it

@BubbaFett finally asking this but why the so many dots at the end of your sentences?
  • The requirement dont seem too bad. We will have to see how the difficulty and rewards are scaled to trully judge it

@BubbaFett finally asking this but why the so many dots at the end of your sentences?

Honestly speaking, I dated a girl that used "ellipses" a lot in text etc and it caught on...
  • I had to Google what that was but now I understand
  • @BubbaFett finally asking this but why the so many dots at the end of your sentences?[/quote]

Volatile accellerator added...

• BubbaFett wrote: »

Honestly speaking, I dated a girl that used "ellipses" a lot in text etc and it caught on...

... but ellipses are only three dots
    ... five/six+ though?!? gives me hyper passive-aggressive vibes, if I'm getting that in a text from a gf, lol
  • Im thinking (god bless his soul) this is turning into jerry springer.
  • I don't really understand how the new raid system is going to be a progressive system. If you can use g10 teams on the krayt raid to get somewhere, what is the incentive to ever do any of the earlier raids going to be?

They have said doing only one raid at a time is not going to decrease our overall rewards, which implies that already attained characters will still be rewarded to keep the shard shop currency coming in.

So krayt raid rewards Han, GK and Traya? Why would anyone do pit, tank or sith?

If it doesn't reward the character shards new players getting the raid characters will have a massive problem. Having to find a guild doing the right raid for you, for long enough? And only one character worked on at a time, instead of all 3 if you are in a capable guild? Sounds bad. Surely this is not how it will be.

So then back to all shards coming from krayt. What will the incentive be for older raids?

Only a few days to wait to find out, I guess.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    I don't really understand how the new raid system is going to be a progressive system. If you can use g10 teams on the krayt raid to get somewhere, what is the incentive to ever do any of the earlier raids going to be?

They have said doing only one raid at a time is not going to decrease our overall rewards, which implies that already attained characters will still be rewarded to keep the shard shop currency coming in.

If it doesn't reward the character shards new players getting the raid characters will have a massive problem. Having to find a guild doing the right raid for you, for long enough? And only one character worked on at a time, instead of all 3 if you are in a capable guild? Sounds bad. Surely this is not how it will be.

So then back to all shards coming from krayt. What will the incentive be for older raids?

I'm not sure I understand your questions, you can only pick one raid and you would pick the hardest one you can do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I don't really understand how the new raid system is going to be a progressive system. If you can use g10 teams on the krayt raid to get somewhere, what is the incentive to ever do any of the earlier raids going to be?

Think of it like TB..... Your guild wouldn't pick RoTE if they get a dozen stars in LS Geo..... So, your guild shouldn't pick a raid they can't finish....

Think of it like TB..... Your guild wouldn't pick RoTE if they get a dozen stars in LS Geo..... So, your guild shouldn't pick a raid they can't finish....
    I thought I read that we won’t finish the raid any more, it will keep going through the timer to let everyone have a chance to earn points.

Don’t know if the old raids will be converted to this, but that was a key point about the new rewards system.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I thought I read that we won’t finish the raid any more, it will keep going through the timer to let everyone have a chance to earn points.

Don’t know if the old raids will be converted to this, but that was a key point about the new rewards system.

I can't say for certain what it will be anymore than anyone else can to be homest :) ...... What I do know is that all of the old raids (minus cpit) will still be available and that guilds can choose to launch the raid of their choice when they have the tickets available for it..... So, if the new raid is not suited to your guild due to difficulty, then simply launch the lower ones....
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm not sure I understand your questions, you can only pick one raid and you would pick the hardest one you can do.

If the base starting point for Krayt raid is gear 10 characters, why would anyone launch a lower raid?

If the base starting point for Krayt raid is gear 10 characters, why would anyone launch a lower raid?

He didnt say that...... IMOP, CPIT went away (CPIT should never have been her imop)..... I'd say, and this is just speculation based on prior experience, the new raid is going to have at mimimum cpit requirements....

My assumption is that you will still only get Han shards from rancor, Traya from sith, Kenobi from the tank raid. Just more at a time than before. But we’ll see in a few days.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

My assumption is that you will still only get Han shards from rancor, Traya from sith, Kenobi from the tank raid. Just more at a time than before. But we’ll see in a few days.

At the very least, what we know is that all lower tier raids will still be available and that there will be a new raid for higher level guilds that isn't jus a re-hash of an already exhisting raid (C-pit).....It's new content and a win in my books...

He didnt say that...... IMOP, CPIT went away (CPIT should never have been her imop)..... I'd say, and this is just speculation based on prior experience, the new raid is going to have at mimimum cpit requirements....

From the road ahead:
    These difficulty modifiers also allow many different levels of players to participate in the event. Base difficulty will be around G10/HSTR (Note: this balance is still being finalized) and can be scaled up to challenge even the strongest players in the game.

Modifiers
    Level 1 - (Req: G12) Additional Effects:
    The Krayt Dragon gains 10% Accuracy, Critical Avoidance, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Defense, Defense Penetration, Offense

You can see right here they say krayt raid starts at g10. First modifier added with g12 requirements, modifiers text specific to the krayt raid to remove all doubt.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

From the road ahead:

Modifiers
    Level 1 - (Req: G12) Additional Effects:
    The Krayt Dragon gains 10% Accuracy, Critical Avoidance, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Defense, Defense Penetration, Offense

You can see right here they say krayt raid starts at g10. First modifier added with g12 requirements, modifiers text specific to the krayt raid to remove all doubt.

Fair..... But let's see how far guilds get at those minimum requirements ...

Lots of us had toons that met the minimum requirements for hsith when it first came out...
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member

Ever known CG to miss the mark on minimum gear?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Winterwolves
    1727 posts Member

Yeah, could be. I don't see how they could say we're not getting a reduction in rewards then.

A player developing their roster in a 600 ticket a day guild could be launching Pit every other day, tank every third day and sith every fourth day. Thats 4 runs of pit, 2 runs each of tank and sith over 8 days, for 8 raids run, collecting shards of all of those characters over the 8 days. New system will be one raid at a time, always for 2 days, so 4 runs over the 8 days maximum, not knowing ticket numbers required.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member

Yeah, could be. I don't see how they could say we're not getting a reduction in rewards then.

A player developing their roster in a 600 ticket a day guild could be launching Pit every other day, tank every third day and sith every fourth day. Thats 4 runs of pit, 2 runs each of tank and sith over 8 days, for 8 raids run, collecting shards of all of those characters over the 8 days. New system will be one raid at a time, always for 2 days, so 4 runs over the 8 days maximum, not knowing ticket numbers required.

So assuming your info, if they doubled the drops it would match the previous system. If they increased it 2.5 or even 3 times, it would be more rewards.

But we won’t know until the rest of the info comes out; all we are doing right now is speculating.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member

They can go around this issue just like they did with tb: make raid exclusive character shards purchasable with Raid-only currency.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    That’s my assumption as well, because they’ve established the precedent for doing so.

The real question is, at what difficulty/modifier level on the raid, will your rewards be equivalent to the previous system, and is that reasonably achievable by everyone with the same level of investment as previously?
    Starslayer wrote: »

They can go around this issue just like they did with tb: make raid exclusive character shards purchasable with Raid-only currency.

• ragnoris
    70 posts Member
    KDC99X wrote: »
    That’s my assumption as well, because they’ve established the precedent for doing so.

The real question is, at what difficulty/modifier level on the raid, will your rewards be equivalent to the previous system, and is that reasonably achievable by everyone with the same level of investment as previously?
    Starslayer wrote: »

My guess is no, for the simple reason that personal investment was not the only driving force of what type of return you get from the raid. In most guilds I’ve seen there are a set of people that put energy into doing the raid and a set that just sign up and get the rewards of wherever the lottery put them. Sometimes that is because they don’t care, sometimes because they don’t have the teams to do anything. My recollection from one of the post about the raid is that there are two rewards tracks, one guild based, one personal based. I’m assuming having these two tracks is what will help compensate the rewards from only doing one raid at a time. However, this also means that those for whatever reason didn’t contribute to the actual raid are going to see a big drop in their rewards. They will still get the guild earned rewards, unless a personal minimum is required for the guild rewards, and their personal track will be much lower, thus leading to lower rewards for the same investment they had previously. Also, since limited factions are allowed in new raid, previous investment probably isn’t going to carry over.

TL:DR
    Those who carry raids will probably see same or better rewards, those that were already out of their league on the raids being done or not participating are going to see a reward decrease unless they step up their game.
  • subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    Remember when Crancor required r5 as a miimum?...... Pepperidge farm remembers.....

I knew something seemed off the last last time I did the raid. Didn’t remember having as many characters available