Malgus Proving Grounds

Prev13
After the car-crash that was the TIE Int proving grounds it’s nice to see they’ve hit the balance nicely for this tier. It actually feels like you’re fighting (slightly souped up) r3s. Kudos.
Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg

Replies

• Options
    What team did you use? That is not my experience at all. Feels like the same car-crash as before.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    What team did you use? That is not my experience at all. Feels like the same car-crash as before.

JMK did it quite easily....
  • dogwelder79
    1484 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah JMK makes an easy 3*.
  • Options
    I cant do it with slkr
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    Options
    GLOW, GAS, CAT, GK, and C3-P0 worked excellent.
    Use CAT's instant defeat move on Malgus and take the rest down from there.

2200 crystals for another 20 shards is HORRIBLE and ever since Proving Grounds has come out it is still one of CG's worst ideas for players to work in Conquest characters they may have missed MONTHS ago..
  • Options

Basically any team that normally beats Malgus will work here, unlike the previous one where the Inqs were seemingly on ‘roids.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    GLOW

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    Rey with barris made 2 stars, jtr plus hero brothers...
  • OldManJim
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Jkl lead with jml, jkr, jolee, and shaak ti got me 3 stars with good rng
  • Thorvald85
    100 posts Member
    Options
    None of my GLs worked. I have Jabba and Kenobi and they got blown out in the first minute. What’s the point of Kenobi having damage immunity if it doesn’t work against an opponent.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    GLOW

ikr
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    Yes jkl lead with jml jkr and both yodas also beat this
  • Options
    Thorvald85 wrote: »
    None of my GLs worked. I have Jabba and Kenobi and they got blown out in the first minute. What’s the point of Kenobi having damage immunity if it doesn’t work against an opponent.

Do you have CAT to go with your JMK? I was able to 3* first try. CAT force leap on Malgus and the rest of the team melts away.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Do you have CAT to go with your JMK? I was able to 3* first try. CAT force leap on Malgus and the rest of the team melts away.

I even force lept DR and it still worked.... :)
  • Darthreason
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Its the preloaded turn meter that is the worst part over 500 speed only for the rest of my team to lose a turn because of fear before I get a chance to see who to target
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Its the preloaded turn meter that is the worst part over 500 speed only for the rest of my team to lose a turn because of fear before I get a chance to see who to target

There is no preloaded TM.... There is, however, super high speed..... If you use a JKL lead that will bring everyone's speed down to his level and make it more manageable....
  • dogwelder79
    1484 posts Member
    Options

DR will have deathmark, so kill him with basics. Then, insta-kill Malgus with CAT. The rest will be easy targets after that.
  • Options
    Just got 2 stars with:
    SEE lead (r8), Traya (r3), Nihilus (r3), Malak (r7), and SET (r5).
    I linked Malgus & Bastila. Took out DR with basics. Ult on Malgus & BSF. Instakill Talon. And Malak took out SA with Drain Life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Just got 2 stars with:
    SEE lead (r8), Traya (r3), Nihilus (r3), Malak (r7), and SET (r5).
    I linked Malgus & Bastila. Took out DR with basics. Ult on Malgus & BSF. Instakill Talon. And Malak took out SA with Drain Life.

Nice!..... it's super doable.... Just needs a bit of thought put into it :)
  • Options
    It’s nice that there’s a big variety of teams that can seemingly take the Malgus tier with reasonable relic investment. I wonder if they toned it down after the TIE Int backlash.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    It’s nice that there’s a big variety of teams that can seemingly take the Malgus tier with reasonable relic investment. I wonder if they toned it down after the TIE Int backlash.

Personally speaking, it's nowhere near as high as the tie/int mission in difficulty.....
  • Options
    Took a few minutes (and reading this thread) but I got it 3*. JMK, GAS, CAT, GK, 3PO. Problem with my first blowout using same team (ahsoka swapped for 3PO) was my force leap got DR out but Malgus dominated. This time the rng allowed me to force leap Malgus and then it was a breeze. Keep at it, y’all!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    Took a few minutes (and reading this thread) but I got it 3*. JMK, GAS, CAT, GK, 3PO. Problem with my first blowout using same team (ahsoka swapped for 3PO) was my force leap got DR out but Malgus dominated. This time the rng allowed me to force leap Malgus and then it was a breeze. Keep at it, y’all!

Great to hear!......
  • Options
    If anyone needs a SLKR combo that can do it I saw this one another site:
    JKL(L), JKR, Old Ben, HODA, SLKR
    I managed to 1* after 5-6 attempts with this combo.
  • MasterSeedy
    5038 posts Member
    Options
    I can't beat it

:(
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Options
    GLOW...

How do I get Galactic Legend Owen Wilson?

• Wed_Santa
    972 posts Member
    Options
    I can't beat it

:(

If you’re struggling with JKL combos, SEE with Cat, Bando, Malak & DR is a fairly quick & dirty 1 star. Nothing sophisticated- Malak & DR are more or less sacrifices to keep SEE alive long enough to do his mojo while Bando and Cat soak up enemy attention
  • Solem_Phyxx
    71 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Is also used JMK plus CAT. Activated his ult early to bypass deathmark and took out malgus.
    Then you gotta try to get deathmark on Kenobi and the rest is a breeze.
  • Options
    I think I managed it without getting deathmark on any of my toons at all. I waited for the right combo of RNG to make sure I got 3* . Taking Padme helped I found as she can't be feared and her heal can mean she doesn't get deathmark if timed right.
  • Options
    is it possible only refresh once ?