Malgus Proving Grounds

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

If you’re struggling with JKL combos, SEE with Cat, Bando, Malak & DR is a fairly quick & dirty 1 star. Nothing sophisticated- Malak & DR are more or less sacrifices to keep SEE alive long enough to do his mojo while Bando and Cat soak up enemy attention

Santa, you are very sweet and helpful. I am sorry I didn't make things more explicit. I guess I wasn't sure how to leave it vague enough it would function as a joke while being explicit enough that it wouldn't catch helpful people like you.

I cannot beat it because I cannot attempt it: I got the toon first pass.

Again, sorry for wording the joke badly. I hope the time you invested here in good advice helps others working on Malgus.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    is it possible only refresh once ?

You can pay 2200 crystals to refresh again. Since each success gives 20 shards (IIRC -- do I have that wrong, anyone?) you're looking at 110 crystals per shard.

In SWGOH parlance, 110/shard is pretty expensive. Just buying things straight up for crystals is usually 50 for unexceptional toons and 80 for recent marquee toons (the price will drop for them later, I assume but am not sure that the price drop happens around the same time that they are accelerated).

The price is similar to the 1299 crystal packs, except those are random, and although they're expected to average out just a little over 10 shards per pack, since each pack varies you're likely to get a better deal than 110 crystals/shard or a much, much worse deal depending on your RNG.

In most cases I would not recommend spending on refreshes. However there are some cases where it can make a positive difference that makes it worth the crystals. Whether you're in one of those rarer situations is up to you to decide.
  • yes i know it´s expensive to spend on it . But only 1 refresh possible ?
    Why not more if someone want to spend on it.
    Don´t know if it possible to refresh more on the other notes
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1068 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    @Col_McKnight You can do two refreshes, both costing 2200 crystals.

It's actually slightly cheaper than buying the shard packs for conquest toons in the conquest store or at wandering scavengers with crystals, where you get 5 shards for 600 crystals at 120c per shard, but it is still one of the more expensive crystal-for-shard costs. Ultimately, if you want Malgus fast, for a top tier SE GAC team or with Leviathan around the corner, then that's the price you have to pay.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Great PG for me! d077wro79zow.jpg
    0u1fix609twm.jpg
    t's taken, literally zero effort. It's a minor gripe but I'd like the option to play it even if already maxed - shards would be nice but I'd play it even for no rewards..
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    GLOW

Krjstoff wrote: »
    GLOW...

How do I get Galactic Legend Owen Wilson?
    Jkane wrote: »
    GLOW

ikr

😉😘
  • Wed_Santa
    969 posts Member
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

If you’re struggling with JKL combos, SEE with Cat, Bando, Malak & DR is a fairly quick & dirty 1 star. Nothing sophisticated- Malak & DR are more or less sacrifices to keep SEE alive long enough to do his mojo while Bando and Cat soak up enemy attention

Santa, you are very sweet and helpful. I am sorry I didn't make things more explicit. I guess I wasn't sure how to leave it vague enough it would function as a joke while being explicit enough that it wouldn't catch helpful people like you.

I cannot beat it because I cannot attempt it: I got the toon first pass.

Again, sorry for wording the joke badly. I hope the time you invested here in good advice helps others working on Malgus.

Ah. I may be sweet, but more likely just aging and dull witted. The curse of sainthood is the helper reflex that tends to kick in before the poor wizened old organ that passes for a brain can spin up.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    There was no context in the post though, other than "I can't beat it"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    This is absolute ****.

They now have a new fleet gated by a conquest char you now need specific GLs to get.

F*** me for going for Jabba instead of waiting to see what specific GL line up you need to unlock a fleet basically?

F*** this

Lol, tell us how you really feel :)

It's already been confirmed done by 4 different GL's.... JMK, JML, SLKR and SEE.....

Rey can beat Malgus too, with barris
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    This is absolute ****.

They now have a new fleet gated by a conquest char you now need specific GLs to get.

F*** me for going for Jabba instead of waiting to see what specific GL line up you need to unlock a fleet basically?

F*** this

It's already been confirmed done by 4 different GL's.... JMK, JML, SLKR and SEE.....

That's true... seen that as well... There you go, that's 5 GL that can do it...
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    This is absolute ****.

F*** this

Done with jabba, 1 star though.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    This is absolute ****.

F*** this

Done with jabba, 1 star though.

Good stuff... 1 gets it done!
  • rickertron
    326 posts Member
    The proving grounds seem to be a trial of patience. The tie interceptor challenge was good training for the Malgus trial. Play, observe, try and try again until you get it right.
  • Slkr cannot do it.I have tried countless times since yesterday without success.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

• Abe_Fr0man
    142 posts Member
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I dunno. On the one hand, you’ve provided proof. On the other hand, ALL CAPS. Hmm..
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    The all caps wasn't me :smiley:
  • Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I dunno. On the one hand, you’ve provided proof. On the other hand, ALL CAPS. Hmm..

I guess my issue was thinking R7 suffices when i really need R8 and a relicced thrawn most people have just sitting around .. got it.

Relic 3 for GAT is low, especially given he’s needed at r6 for another GL. Maybe try another GL though if SLKR isn’t working for you. Seems like LV is the only one without a winning lineup posted in this thread.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member

"on the other hand" meaning the counterargument lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

"on the other hand" meaning the counterargument lol

Ahhhh.... Well then, that oversight WAS me :)
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I guess my issue was thinking R7 suffices when i really need R8 and a relicced thrawn most people have just sitting around .. got it.

Relic 3 for GAT is low, especially given he’s needed at r6 for another GL. Maybe try another GL though if SLKR isn’t working for you. Seems like LV is the only one without a winning lineup posted in this thread.

You say that as if everyone should have shelves full of GLs to choose from. Apologies I’m F2P and don’t have all 6 just sitting there. This was supposed to be a catch up event

I'm FTP as well.... Have 5 of them... SLKR is a 3 year old character as is REY and both of them are beating the event...

Just a suggestion, but why not post up your swgoh.gg and see if anyone can help?
  • Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

You say that as if everyone should have shelves full of GLs to choose from. Apologies I’m F2P and don’t have all 6 just sitting there. This was supposed to be a catch up event

I’m F2P as well, that doesn’t stop you from having multiple GLs. If you’re over the 4m needed to access PG I would have expected you to have at least 2GLs. As that’s not the case then it would be helpful if you posted your swgoh.gg so people can make suggestions.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I tried with with slkr full fo and i couldnt make it. SEE with some sith also couldnt make it. Jml lead with jedi also couldnt make it. Rey full resistance also couldnt make it. I dont have Wat and Malak. So i beat it with jkl lead with jml and 3 jedi. Also i beat it with rey and bariss plus 3 resistance. I got good rng, thats it. So far most of gl can beat malgus tier but seems they need some toons to make it happen. I think someone claimed to beat it with Traya no gl in a team.
  • Looking at all those theories, I really wanna try SEE... I think closing the event for good after the 330 shards is unnecessary. I guess trying comps to help people would make catching up to easy.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I’m F2P as well, that doesn’t stop you from having multiple GLs. If you’re over the 4m needed to access PG I would have expected you to have at least 2GLs. As that’s not the case then it would be helpful if you posted your swgoh.gg so people can make suggestions.

More than happy to - https://swgoh.gg/p/369456342/

I was a F2P player (besides HDB), that went SLKR -> Executor (crystal income), and now Jabba (working on his shards in journey guide with all reqs completed for the new raid).

I don’t usually care about conquest chars - but this one will be gating the new SE fleet…

Any suggestions would be appreciated

How many Malgus shards do you have now?......

From what I can see, you have two options.....

Option 1- Gear/ relic up the characters you have for the SLKR team I showed above...

Option 2- Keep pushing for Jabba as you have been and use that team....