Boushh omi

Let me get this straight: the players who had the means to omi Boushh before the update get 10 free omi mats, while everyone else kicks sand?? Astoundingly cruel to 99% of your playerbase.

Replies

• Foxypad
    10 posts Member
    Options
    10 , I want my omicron back. If it’s no use in the raid then why is it a raid omicron ?
  • Screerider
    1359 posts Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight: the players who had the means to omi Boushh before the update get 10 free omi mats, while everyone else kicks sand?? Astoundingly cruel to 99% of your playerbase.
    Or... those players wasted 10 omis.

• Options
    Ok, I’m lost. The post says “There are no adjustments being made to the Boushh Omicron and it will continue to function as intended.”

So, what’s the change? I read both road a heads about the new raid and didn’t see anything about it not functioning or anything that would cause it to be a problem during the raid. I’m confused about this.

I am aware I could be missing something, I do that a lot.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Or... those players wasted 10 omis.

How though? Hutt cartel can participate in the Krayt raid and that’s what it ties into. How does it not work anymore?
  • Options
    Ok, I’m lost. The post says “There are no adjustments being made to the Boushh Omicron and it will continue to function as intended.”

So, what’s the change? I read both road a heads about the new raid and didn’t see anything about it not functioning or anything that would cause it to be a problem during the raid. I’m confused about this.

I am aware I could be missing something, I do that a lot.

Because of the way Boushh Omi works, it only has value while the enemies have "Deadly Bluff" which only lasts for 3 turns at the start of the encounter.

What this is saying, is that her Omi doesn't have much value in this raid, but it does in the older raids, and might in future raids.

They don't want to make changes to the Omi, but are sending out a partial make good for those that already applied it.
  • Foxypad
    10 posts Member
    Options
    It does work but is not needed to hit max score available, so basically a waste of an omicron
  • DarthKendry
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Crazy. Presumably lots of players who went for Boushh's omicron did so on the basis that it would be useful Krayt raid? It's got to be a full refund, no?

May the 4th be....ugh.
  • Options
    It's got to be a full refund, no?

Doesn't sound like they're removing the omi, which is why it's only 10. It's not a refund, it's more of a gesture of good will. Unlike when they did this with Traya's, where it was removed and you got all 20 back and you could re-apply if you wanted to; Boushh is keeping the omi and you're getting 10 omi mats.
  • DarthKendry
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Yup. I just think it makes sense that if there's a fundamental change in either the omicron itself (ie, it's nerfed) or in its effectiveness in the game mode that it applies to, then removing the omicron and refunding the materials makes most sense. It's not just that the omicron isn't especially useful in the Krayt raid, they've also removed cRancor, the only other place where it is really of use.

It just seems totally counter intuitive that the first raid omicron they introduced becomes much less useful when, a few months later, they introduce a new raid.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    I wish CG was consistent when addressing omicrons that do not work as intended. Sometimes we just get a nerf and suck it up, sometimes we get a full refund and now we get a partial refund but keep the cron because it works for a little bit of the raid where we might not be needing it yet if we are removing stacks of new debuffs to allow the most damage or something like that.
    Just refund it and let us apply it again for the lesser raids which many of us thought were going away. So confused and frustrated.
  • Options
    so boush owners have no change affecting their raid omicron - and they get to keep and earn 10 free omicron mats.

Poggle owners add the omicron - have it significantly nerfed month later to the point its not even worth adding anymore - and they get no bonus omicrons? no refund?

Why boush and not poggle? nothing even changed for boush. make it make sense.
  • DarthGrff
    185 posts Member
    Options

Gotta love cg. Glad I did the omi early!
  • Options
    The cost of this omicron should be lowered to 10 pieces
  • Options
    Why don't they give omicrons to all players, but only to those who placed them Boushh?
  • Options
    Given a lot of people were waiting for the new raid before making the decision to place the Boushh Leia omicron, it's a flipping odd move. I don't get it. Maybe the new characters new omicron is rubbish in the new raid. Maybe it's a consolation prize. Although if it is - they really should be handing out zeta's for anyone who has Aurra Sings raid only zeta.

• Options
    so boush owners have no change affecting their raid omicron - and they get to keep and earn 10 free omicron mats.

Poggle owners add the omicron - have it significantly nerfed month later to the point its not even worth adding anymore - and they get no bonus omicrons? no refund?

They don't get "10 free omicron mats". The omi is completely useless right now, so if anything, they are losing 10 mats because the omi costs 20 to apply. Sure, it stays the same and people get to keep it, but in reality it's a wasted 20 mats (now 10 after the compensation) as the omicron is pointless under the current raid system. Sure, it might be useful in the next raid they launch, if there's ever one, but that could be a matter of years. You can't even compare it to the Poggle situation, because even after the nerf, the Poggle omi is 100x more valuable right now than the Boushh omi.
  • Options

They don't get "10 free omicron mats". The omi is completely useless right now, so if anything, they are losing 10 mats because the omi costs 20 to apply. Sure, it stays the same and people get to keep it, but in reality it's a wasted 20 mats (now 10 after the compensation) as the omicron is pointless under the current raid system. Sure, it might be useful in the next raid they launch, if there's ever one, but that could be a matter of years. You can't even compare it to the Poggle situation, because even after the nerf, the Poggle omi is 100x more valuable right now than the Boushh omi.

Absolutely. The crazy thing though, as Kellin said, is that the current price of the omicron is still 20 even though CG have basically said it's only worth 10. And as plenty of others have pointed out, there's totally inconsistency in how they've treated the Boushh, Traya and Poggle omis. It is kinda impressive that CG have found a way to add greater inconsistency to how they approach omicrons that have changed.
  • Screerider
    1359 posts Member
    Options
    So when the Omi becomes useful again,. everyone else will have to pay 20, while these guys will have it for 10.
  • Options
    So i had her Omicron before this week, have had.it for a while, and i didnt get any Omis back. Seems like most of the people in my guild who had her Omi on got the 10 back, yet i never got the "mail" with them in, even hard closed my game a few times and nada.
    Another of CGs great ideas