This update is horrible on so many levels

Prev1
Alex84swgoh
43 posts Member
edited May 2023
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Where to begin?
We lost 6000+ Guild tokens/week
We lost at least 150+ purple gear pieces with a decent possibility of fully crafted pieces/week
We lost 30+ gold gear with a decent chance of a fully crafted gear/week.

In total the current raid system (where you buy what you want) doesn't even compare to the old one in terms of rewards.

Even if half the random gear was excess it was still useful for the scavenger.

If you look at what we used to get, and what we could get now, I'd say we're getting less than 50%. This is the worst update ever.

Progress is super slow as is, and with this update it will be even worse. If you do the conversion rates you'll see it for yourself.

The new Raid doesn't even worth launching if you can't get to crate five at the very least. And being faction specific the majority of people can't even participate, or put in much damage.

In my opinion this is by far the biggest fail to date, that doesn't benefit the players at all, if anything it takes a ton of resources from us.

Another way of forcing people to whale if they want to progress. Very disappointing.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Do you have items available for purchase with the new raid currency in your shops?
  • wildnz
    256 posts Member
    Yeah wait for the shop to refresh. Might change your view. It's to early for me to have a strong opinion either way as the guild rewards really are the lion's share.
  • My shop is just a bunch of stuff I don't need or have 100's if not 1000s of but isn't stuff that can be convereted in the jawa shop for relicing and now it states 4 different raid / guild currencies . Its just muddled and frankly boring.

spend more of your time scrolling through endless shop pages for nothing.

• Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    I agree rewards of the new raid sucks
  • Unfortunately the rewards are not even close to the ones before
  • wildnz wrote: »
    Yeah wait for the shop to refresh. Might change your view. It's to early for me to have a strong opinion either way as the guild rewards really are the lion's share.

I don't need to see the refresh. If you do the math you'll clearly see that you can't purchase a fraction of the gear you used to get from 3 raids, plus 6k guild tokens, plus credits. Plus MK1 and MK2. The difference is extremely noticeable.

I used to get fully crafted G12 at least every 3rd raid finishing in top 10, plus ATT, plus Pit, Plus Guild tokens from all 3, plus credits from all 3, plus shards from all 3.

See the difference? Now I'll get a lousy 8475 MK1 and 4000 MK2 it doesn't quite compare.
  • The most disappointing update ever.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    As i said before huge nerf in rewards incoming ....and it came...
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Those rewards are a joke, just like CG.
    The items are at least several times the price they should be, we lost a few million credits per week, we lost GET from cpit - even that could get you some kyrotech.
    I can bet, that the number will be even worse, when we will launch it and see how much dmg we can really do.
    The raid overhaul is a spit in the face.
  • Javice
    1 posts Member
    If you are going to nerf raid rewards just say it instead of lying to the players. The loss of gear, credits, mod mats it is so massive it is insane. Also tokens from shards.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Really looking forward to the mental gymnastics from CG and their lackeys. It will take Olympic-level performance to twist this into something good.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    My best teams are worthless now, like non existent for raids...what a joke...
  • ne_alenska
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    hjwcdytzzbso.jpg

You go in, shoot shoot shoot, it sudden stop when you reached the max score, it doesn't need any plan, no fun, no challenge, no need to retry for higher score.... OMG it's boring. What you need is to gear up your teams... nice CG
  • Gawejn wrote: »

They said that their intention is to make faction specific raids at a higher pace. So what May have no use inside the Krayt raid now, could be amazing in the next; that is if they actually follow through with their expected several raids to be released.

However the cut in rewards is inexcusable and the devs saying that we are getting the same rewards as before just isn’t true. @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you please have someone from there show how we are getting the same rewards as before?
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »

They said that their intention is to make faction specific raids at a higher pace. So what May have no use inside the Krayt raid now, could be amazing in the next; that is if they actually follow through with their expected several raids to be released.

However the cut in rewards is inexcusable and the devs saying that we are getting the same rewards as before just isn’t true. @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you please have someone from there show how we are getting the same rewards as before?

I dont care what will be after next 6 months..or 9...now and for next months my teams are worthless...i can do with a guild hstr and all players will just put team make auto and forget about raids, one player can make solo and thats it....
    Krayt we can also make auto play...tried that, was great play expierience....hahaha
  • Avy3414
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Not to mention, my guild just cleared CPit for the first time before the update. And now the goal of my first GL Lord Vader just seems more farther and unattainable than ever. Massively disappointed. Did they also compensate for the loss during Error Code 3.0 of many players? If anything at all, I am just sad after this update.
    Post edited by Avy3414 on
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Avy3414 wrote: »
    They didn't even bother to give us the correct "Survivor" title for May the 4th gift. For raid, not to mention, my guild just cleared CPit for the first time before the update. And now the goal of my first GL Lord Vader just seems more farther and unattainable than ever. Massively massively disappointed. Oh, did they also bother to compensate for the loss during Error Code 3.0 of many players? If anything at all, I am just sad after this update.

What did the players lose?
  • zatchy
    124 posts Member
    The raid rewards are god awful. There was no attempt to make it even to prior levels. Pure lies by cg devs.
  • Avy3414
    39 posts Member
    (1) Raid: I really don't understand the idea behind new raid system. Yeah, we threw out our entire roster and had competition with guild mates, but atleast it felt more achievable with better rewards. Here, we are literally locked behind 4-5 teams and I have to stop my first GL grind for this. Not like the rewards are any better either. I thought the aeromagnifiers would be much easier to be obtained, but they are literally locked behind the 130M reward box, which is supposed to be attained with these "4-5 teams". Maybe, my worst mistake was going for Lord Vader as the first GL, unpopularly. My guild (280M) had also beat its first Challenge Pit raid just before this update too. I really thought this update would make it easier to get the aeromagnifiers, but it seems way harder and demotivating now.

(2) May the Fourth title: I thought we were going to get the "Survivor" title as mentioned in the last Road Ahead post? What happened to that? I was super excited just for the title.

Thank you for the rewards that were given away during this week, nonetheless, I highly appreciate it!
  • Avy3414
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Avy3414 wrote: »
    They didn't even bother to give us the correct "Survivor" title for May the 4th gift. For raid, not to mention, my guild just cleared CPit for the first time before the update. And now the goal of my first GL Lord Vader just seems more farther and unattainable than ever. Massively massively disappointed. Oh, did they also bother to compensate for the loss during Error Code 3.0 of many players? If anything at all, I am just sad after this update.

What did the players lose?

Many had their fleet payouts at around that time.
  • Mattysvk
    28 posts Member
    New reward system is a joke and serious downgrade for all players, no need to say more.I would rather to be positive but this is really disappointing on so many levels.
  • These rewards for new raid are just terrible so bad whatever are CG thinking, no were near close to the rewards for a week of old raids
  • Revan110
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    This just dumped on all the F2P people with the terrible new raid rewards, they want people to spend money.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • ShadowJediKnight
    118 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    My guild could clear Cpit in a matter of hours. Now, over half the guild has participated in Krayt and we've only unlocked the first box. What happened to 'the rewards will be similar'?

Didn't think you could ruin the game any more, but look at ya go! Merry StarWars day...

*post edited by a moderator*
    Post edited by ShadowJediKnight on
  • Revan110
    112 posts Member
    Lord Vader requires the moat gear for the characters needed to activate I hear, but I would not care much if you really want the character. I am going for JMK as my first GL since I have the most progress with that one and I hate the ST, SEE is the only one of those I would even consider.

My only real GL goals are Jedi Master Kenobi and Lord Vader.
  • zatchy
    124 posts Member
    This update is a big fat F.

One it’s another complete grind for lack luster rewards. And unlike HSith or CPIT, where I could choose when to participate, I now have to or my whole guild is negatively effected.

Two the rewards aren’t nearly even, they are massively dialed back.

Three - why three days for the event? You can only use like 8 teams, if you have every character eligible, what’s the point of having this event last so long?

Four the reward track has many impossible tiers. Maybe I’m wrong? But I’d bet there is a zero percent chance any guild comes close to then 520m crate. I’m in a rather large guild and I’d estimate were on pace for one the 200m ones.

So this update is a boring raid where you have to fight the same battle over and over. Significantly decreased player rewards.

I give you a big fat F.
  • Avy3414
    39 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »
    Lord Vader requires the moat gear for the characters needed to activate I hear, but I would not care much if you really want the character. I am going for JMK as my first GL since I have the most progress with that one and I hate the ST, SEE is the only one of those I would even consider.

My only real GL goals are Jedi Master Kenobi and Lord Vader.

I see, good luck on your goals! I hope you get them soon too!
    For Lord Vader, yes, I planned him as first GL despite being the hardest in gearing. But I am almost done with it too now, I am just worried how long will the R8 take. Maybe buying aeromagnifiers is the only option looking at how far gated they are in the new raid.
  • Alex84swgoh
    43 posts Member
    edited May 2023
  • Dace_Prow
    28 posts Member
    Lets properly categorize things:

Hot mess - rolling out a major (and clearly risky) change in middle of a week-long territory battle that 50 people in each guild have invested hours in, only to not be able to log in and deploy, and miss key rewards.

Inside a dumpster fire: multiple full-on outages, can't log into the game.

Inside a train wreck: rewards promised for new raid was supposed to equal total of all the 4 raids its repalcing put together. Rewards seem to be comparable to sith raid only (worse than getting 1st place in sith raid, but better than getting 11th place anyway), but ignoring CPIT, and all other outputs. And even for a not-quite-elite-but-still very competitive level guild (450MGP) probably better to not do the new raid - get more rewads from the sith raid level than the new one.

So even if they didn't mess up the actual rollout six ways to Sunday, think people would still be highly disappointed.