[MEGA THREAD] New Raid Rewards Feedback discussion

Prev134
System
246 posts EA Administrator
edited May 2023
This discussion was created from comments split from: New raid rewards.

Replies

• _Marec_
    87 posts Member
    The new reward track or currencies don't seem to offer GET1 or GET2 like the old raids did, which noticeably slows down any farm for HODA/Wampa/GAS/Malak and Negotiator/Malevolence.

For reference, the old raid format gave about 1700 GET1 and 800 GET2 per week based on SIM rewards or placing around rank 15. That is, considering you were in a CPIT and HSTR guild.

If you're farming HODA for example, now you get about 20 less shards per month.
  • statix
    27 posts Member
    After unlocking, you previously had to use GET1 shards to get the rest of the shards you need to 7 star GAS & Malak. I don't see GAS or Malak shards up for purchase using the new guild currency. Is this an error? How is someone supposed to get GAS or Malak shards now?
  • statix wrote: »
    After unlocking, you previously had to use GET1 shards to get the rest of the shards you need to 7 star GAS & Malak. I don't see GAS or Malak shards up for purchase using the new guild currency. Is this an error? How is someone supposed to get GAS or Malak shards now?

Those are two different currencies. One is from TB and TW (GET1/2) and the other is the new Raid currency to buy raid characters
  • statix
    27 posts Member
    statix wrote: »

Those are two different currencies. One is from TB and TW (GET1/2) and the other is the new Raid currency to buy raid characters

doh, you're totally right. thank you!
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    Until we see what we can actually purchase with the new raid currency, and how much, it's impossible to make any comparison.
  • _Marec_
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Old raids like HSTR and CPIT gave GET1 and GET2 as rewards. This was in addition to TW and TB rewards. So you're right, there is a loss of Malak/GAS shards.
  • Although the new raid system has several positive changes, two glaring omissions from the rewards structure have immediately jumped out:

(1) Previously, the Herioc Sith raid gave Get1 currency & the CPit raid gave both Get1 & Get2 currency as a reward, but these rewards are no longer available at all in the new raid structure; either as an automatic reward or for purchase. Missing these rewards is a HUGE detriment, especially to newer players who are still farming the likes of Wampa, Hermit Yoda, Negotiator, etc. and not just buying gear.

(2) Credits are no longer automatically awarded as part of the raid payout. Instead, credits appear only sporadically in the guild shop. The lack of credits is another HUGE crunch for newer players and forcing them to choose between buying credits and character shards, gear, etc. clearly does not result in equal or better rewards as promised.

Please take these issues into consideration and add both credits and the Get1/Get2 currency back to the raid reward structure. Thank you.
  • Looking at the Reward tab for each type of raid:

The Tank & Pit raids give only currency I.
    The Sith raid gives currencies I & II.
    The Krayt raid gives currencies I, II & III.

The CRancor raid no longer exists, but I assume most of those guilds will do Krayt instead and get all of the
    currencies, or potentially drop down to Sith and get I & II, just as they did for Crancor.

Is this not reasonable? Am I missing something?

(The amount of tokens can be discussed, but I'm not qualified to make the comparison)
  • You're confusing the new currency tokens with GET1 & GET2 currency. The rewards that are also given in territory battles and wars.
  • Kaerindal
    116 posts Member
    Dont forget no guild event currency (same as daily guild payout) from any raid and no shard shop currency from krayt since you cant buy shards from units youve 7*ed
  • I feel cheated in the raid rewards. There isn't enough to make up for not doing all the raids and losing out in so much gear, currency, and more. The cost of raid 1, 2, 3 doesn't make up for lost rewards (feels more like I'm losing out) and good luck getting raid 3 rewards! CG I'm excited disappointed again . . .
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    If you spend the max possible rewards (and if i did the math right) you can get:

-8 garda keypads
    - 70 character shards
    - a whole g12 piece (assuming the components are in the store)
    - hundreds of minor gear pieces

(not simultaneously ofc)

That is surprisingly not very much of a reward
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    For sure there will be someone who will do the math about both systems, while doing it will be laughing all the time...hahaha...i cant stop laughing about this update...my best teams are worthless now...hahaha..and still one player can make hstr so whole guild only need to put one team press auto and forget about all this raid mode in the game....what a change....amazing ....cant stop laughing about this..
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Looking at the Reward tab for each type of raid:

The Tank & Pit raids give only currency I.
    The Sith raid gives currencies I & II.
    The Krayt raid gives currencies I, II & III.

The CRancor raid no longer exists, but I assume most of those guilds will do Krayt instead and get all of the
    currencies, or potentially drop down to Sith and get I & II, just as they did for Crancor.

Is this not reasonable? Am I missing something?

(The amount of tokens can be discussed, but I'm not qualified to make the comparison)

One point the OP made still stand: GET1 and GET2 awarded in Hsith and Crancor (don't remember if it was the case for GET in Crancor but I trust OP as they're right about GET1 in Hsith) helped buying TB specific shards, like Wampa/Hyoda or Neg/Mal. Didn't do the math to check if it's significant, but that's a good point imo.
    Making these TB specific units available in the Raid store would solve the problem without changing the amount of stuff CG chose to give us.
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    If you spend the max possible rewards (and if i did the math right) you can get:

-8 garda keypads
    - 70 character shards

(not simultaneously ofc)

I guess though... now every single player in the guild can get a full gear 12 piece, instead of the top 10 players getting a chance at it, maybe, and maybe it's the piece you need, maybe not.

Now you get exactly what you decide to get.

I do think the lack of straight credits is very bad for early players though.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member

-8 garda keypads
    - 70 character shards

(not simultaneously ofc)

I guess though... now every single player in the guild can get a full gear 12 piece, instead of the top 10 players getting a chance at it, maybe, and maybe it's the piece you need, maybe not.

This is at top tier rewards. Most will probably get half of that
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2023

-8 garda keypads
    - 70 character shards

(not simultaneously ofc)

This is at top tier rewards. Most will probably get half of that

If you're in 450m guild you will get half, but only if you got 5 proper teams at relic 5... And the rest of the guild does as well :)

Realistically you gonna get 1/4th if you're in ~400m guild.

I won't be shocked, if doing hstr will be a legit strat for 400m guilds - no struggle, 1 person solos, 8000/4000/0 vs laughable 1000 GC3 that buys nothing.
    Post edited by Eyo on
  • CG will do what have always done. Have their community managers try to use a squirt gun of empathy to put out a forest fire of frustration while they rake in the profits and watch the world burn.
  • CT55555
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    for an early mid game player there is already a massive credit crunch and now no credits in raids is a joke. Also no get1 get2, no guild activty tokens so as well as not getting any gear from raids we get less tokens to buy other gear, no shard shop currency from traya kenobi and han so less g12 gear. No mods mats and people aren’t taking into account we were getting those things multiple times a week, now just once maybe twice. these rewards are absolutely terrible and we need to massively complain about this so they get it fixed
  • Hippo
    1 posts Member
    How did this new raid system make it live in its current state. I can't think of 1 positive thing to say about it. From the store page with 4 currencies and 100+ items to scroll through to the huge reduction in progression potential at any stage of the game. I guess the new fight its self is kind of interesting but my experience is some what limited since I don't have Jabba.
  • Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    +99999
  • Revan110
    111 posts Member
    Some of these whales will spend no matter what, but if the majority stop maybe it will do some good.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Why are the new rewards bad?
  • Jacgul
    213 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

What rewards? The roughly half the amount of gear 12+ full pieces, drastically less of the other g12+ pieces, the no credits, the no shards, the no old guild currency? If you had trouble getting characters to relic before, get ready for that wait time to more than double...
  • Don't forget GET1 and GET2. Even the best guild in the game cannot get the 30% of the old rewards.
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    StarSon wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/137e45a/in_depth_rewards_analysis_for_new_raid_system/

Some initial calculations.
    Laughable.