Bring back challange rancor

Replies

• DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    I will be ok
    1) if CG make raids independent by currency and schedule and we could run all of them in one time. Then reward could be close to previous one but still less.
    2) if they bring back legacy raids to sim mode with previous rewards(and could be launched all at once like it was before) and only Cpit will be replaced with Krayt raid.
    3) if Krayt raid reward tier 1 include all last tier chests of all legacy raids.
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    You can get aeros in conquest....

And you can get all the gear from raids from conquest as well what is your point?

Just saying they are available elsewhere... Many of us have more aeros than we cn use right now, so it's nice to have more of a choice on what we get from rewards...

“Many of us”

???

It just seems to me that most of your arguments are based on where you and your guild are in the game, like you’ve got loads of amplifiers you don’t need so you just nerf the locations to get them and ruin a source of income for everyone else.

Or 95% of your guild didn’t participate in a raid so you nerf 70% of that game play and replace it with an unplayable mode to the majority of players.

The players have been screaming for a use of 10’s of thousands of excess sim tickets and the devs have left them as they are and nerfed everything else, because a minute percent of players don’t need the resources?

Not to sound too political, but an “I’m alright Jack” attitude like that is just going stop people from playing and ultimately spending if they are seeing little progress in their rosters.

The game and progress was (imo) too slow as it was, and it’s grinding to a halt, which afaik isn’t fun for anyone.

• Jacgul
    213 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    We all need go band together and all blacklist / never run the new raid until someone understands why

You first

People like you...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Imagine not wanting new content

Wonder what @Jacgul thinks about wanting old content over new content

He has posted in this thread but has not contributed to the topic at hand
  • Ultra wrote: »

Ultra can you kindly check with the devs and see if this is what they are intending the conversion to be 6wuqh83dzaju.jpg
    Vs the get 2qbrllkyto3ex.jpg
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Ultra wrote: »

I’m all for new content, but what’s the point of it if the content that I could play is removed and it’s replaced with unplayable content?

The only good thing that has changed is that traya shards are more easily obtainable.
  • Jacgul
    213 posts Member

Imagine wanting to be able to actually gear up characters so that you can use them for content, old or new.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member

Is this a joke, Ultra?

Imagine wanting new raid content that produces 60-70% less rewards?

What’s wrong with you lol

70% ? I dont think so.
    Nobody did a good math so far...but i assume thats 95% nerf...it is only assumption...but lets see if this is correct number

• Jacgul
    213 posts Member

Is this a joke, Ultra?

ic8yqi5dqv46.png

Then there's this, I believe under the TOS that would be either trolling or harassment. Why? Because I said some things that I and at least a large portion of the community feel are true?
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    edited May 2023

I want new content. Revans Flagship, as example. But most of it will be gated by gear and relic requirements. And thats how raid reward nerf take away new content from most of the players.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Ultra can you kindly check with the devs and see if this is what they are intending the conversion to be 6wuqh83dzaju.jpg

I'll try and see if i can have a discussion with them next week w.r.t. raid reward complaints from the community
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Is this a joke, Ultra?

Rewards and Raid itself are two separate things

You can demand for new content AND better reward structure instead of regressing to the old system

CG can also get rid of Krayt, Bring back CPit and keep the new reward structure too

Personally, I'd prefer we get more new raids instead of clinging on to old raids

I'll try and see if i can have a discussion with them next week w.r.t. raid reward complaints from the community

I know some people won’t say it, but I think a lot of people will appreciate you taking this seriously to CG. There’s a lot of anger after seeing the reward structure and I hope they will take the feedback and action it. Hopefully it’ll be a major overhaul.

FWIW I’ve tried out the raid and it’s not that bad, kinda nice to have something genuinely new unlike CPit. If they can alter the rewards track with more reasonable amounts of currency then my concerns anyway will be laid to rest. I think you’re right that that’s a better solution (and probably more likely to happen) than going back to the stale CPit.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg

Thank you qs0h5pau0wl6.gif
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I know some people won’t say it, but I think a lot of people will appreciate you taking this seriously to CG. There’s a lot of anger after seeing the reward structure and I hope they will take the feedback and action it. Hopefully it’ll be a major overhaul.

FWIW I’ve tried out the raid and it’s not that bad, kinda nice to have something genuinely new unlike CPit. If they can alter the rewards track with more reasonable amounts of currency then my concerns anyway will be laid to rest. I think you’re right that that’s a better solution (and probably more likely to happen) than going back to the stale CPit.

Not sure if a discussion will actually achieve anything. It's not some accidental mishap, they explicitly told us that the rewards will be equal and then went and brutally nerfed them. It was intentional start to finish, and anyone with at least two brain cells could anticipate this kind of reaction.
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    Ultra is correct about this, and it's important to be specific in our criticism, and proposed solutions. The new raid system/interface, overall... there's a lot to like. But the rewards structure is absolutely garbage, it seems that we can ALL agree on that. And especially for QoL-focused guilds like mine, where we welcome and enjoy mentoring newer players. The game needs new and casual players, because some of them (like me) eventually become long-term competitive players and spenders. Should we really be punished, because we like to welcome f2p and low spenders, who are necessary for the long-term health of the game community, and may eventually become spenders? It's giving "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

There's a lot of ways to potentially address this:
    • refreshing your units each day, allowing more attempts and therefore, higher scores/rewards (up to 3x what we're currently able to score)
    • providing a reward crate for each escalating raid event, earned by any amount of participation, that represents the cumulative sum of rewards from previous raids
    • keeping the new system but allowing us to just run or sim ALL the raids

I'll leave it to others to work out the numbers, but those are a just a few ideas to get us closer to what we were promised in the RA, that seem like they would be fairly easy to implement. I think it's extremely unlikely CG will roll back the raid system, so we should really put that idea to rest, and focus on realistic, achievable goals.

It's also important to recognize, what another poster pointed out: CG is using a psychological negotiation tactic called an "extreme anchor", so when they do adjust the reward track, they can give us back some - but not all! - of our prior rewards, and we'll feel like we accomplished something and move on. It's like when someone gives a quote for services as a range, $X - $Y, where X is the number closer to what they really want to get, and Y is a much higher number, designed to make X look more reasonable. Which is why Ultra is also correct that they're most likely going to adjust it, but the adjustment won't be anywhere close to being back to parity with the previous system (I'd love for CG to prove me wrong on this one...).

Anyway, thanks Ultra for advocating for the community. I hope you're able to make some headway in convincing them to rework the reward structure to reflect what we were told and be fair to the player base.

Is this a joke, Ultra?

You can demand for new content AND better reward structure instead of regressing to the old system

CG can also get rid of Krayt, Bring back CPit and keep the new reward structure too

Personally, I'd prefer we get more new raids instead of clinging on to old raids

• Nauros wrote: »

Not sure if a discussion will actually achieve anything. It's not some accidental mishap, they explicitly told us that the rewards will be equal and then went and brutally nerfed them. It was intentional start to finish, and anyone with at least two brain cells could anticipate this kind of reaction.

I agree that the nerf was probably intentional, and who knows if any change (big or small) will happen, but so far there’s been complete silence on this from the devs so any positive moves towards reparation of the rewards should be encouraged in my book.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

I agree that the nerf was probably intentional, and who knows if any change (big or small) will happen, but so far there’s been complete silence on this from the devs so any positive moves towards reparation of the rewards should be encouraged in my book.

That's my point. They had the opportunity to say something, even addressed some minor issues, but chose to remain silent about the rewards.
    Nauros wrote: »

That's my point. They had the opportunity to say something, even addressed some minor issues, but chose to remain silent about the rewards.

Perhaps they were waiting to see just how much of a sithstorm they had created before working out how much of an apology was needed lol.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    KDC99X wrote: »
    • refreshing your units each day, allowing more attempts and therefore, higher scores/rewards (up to 3x what we're currently able to score)

Oh god, please no!! 3 times the time and effort for the same amount of rewards sounds terribly awful.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member

Is this a joke, Ultra?

Please, 400mil guilds are saying that they will be clinging to old raid like hstr and dont care about new raid. Lower guilds will do this too. For next minimum 3 months or more. It is like 90% minimum of players of this game wont bother to play new raid...
    Nobody cares about this new raid if rewards are less than old rewards and you get less by playing new raid . And in fact this new content is only one stage like a galactic challange but very limited in factions to use.
    Very cheap and boring raid in fact.
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    Lol, fair point on the increased time it would take.

Keep in mind, all the proposed suggestions (by myself or others) are not mutually exclusive. The best solution could be a "little bit of this / little bit of that" approach. I do think we should get back the other currencies in some form, and the new raid should build on top of that foundation. As others have pointed out, the same way the conquest chests work as you increase the difficulty tiers. Heck for the credits, they could just up the frequency of the Credit Chase event to compensate. But we should definitely be starting at the level of the previous rewards, and going up from there, not down.
    Spang wrote: »
    KDC99X wrote: »

Oh god, please no!! 3 times the time and effort for the same amount of rewards sounds terribly awful.

Yeah this isn't some small nerf that could be attributed to a miscalculation of the rewards on their part. It is a significant nerf where there is no way they didn't know they were nerfing the rewards.
  • koala
    3 posts Member
    You can get aeros in conquest....

And you can get all the gear from raids from conquest as well what is your point?

Just saying they are available elsewhere... Many of us have more aeros than we cn use right now, so it's nice to have more of a choice on what we get from rewards...

Sure, we've got plenty saved up, but newer players don't. Removing this source of income has no benefits for anyone and is severely detrimental to new players.

It's also the illusion of choice in regard to choosing rewards. Players get to select the gear piece, but the overall gain rate has been severely reduced. Also, in contrast to the tier 1 rewards almost all G12 gear pieces are heavily needed either for characters or salvage, so the value choosing furnaces over stun guns is lessened.

Overall, with the exception of getting to filter out useless gear that the OG Rancor and AAT raids provided, there is not a single upside to this new reward system for the vast majority of the player base.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    koala wrote: »
    Overall, with the exception of getting to filter out useless gear that the OG Rancor and AAT raids provided, there is not a single upside to this new reward system for the vast majority of the player base.

Also you have to keep in mind that a lot of that gear was only useless because you were getting it from Rancor and AAT. Without it your excess will eventually dry up and you will find yourself needing to buy it from the store. And newer players that haven't gotten to save up an excess of the gear are just screwed.
  • koala
    3 posts Member
    koala wrote: »

Also you have to keep in mind that a lot of that gear was only useless because you were getting it from Rancor and AAT. Without it your excess will eventually dry up and you will find yourself needing to buy it from the store. And newer players that haven't gotten to save up an excess of the gear are just screwed.

I was originally thinking that weird blue and gold gear you would get that never seemed to go anywhere, but it's also true for the gear like you don't need as much of but still use quite a bit.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    Fascinating how the reduction in player rewards and the silence about them mirrors the topic of the Squish.