Compensation?

Prev13
frackme_21
92 posts Member
edited May 2023
Are we getting any compensation for all the lost time related to the outages?
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Magic 8 ball says: Don't count on it.
  • We lost bonus energy twice, stars/progress in TB (Rise of Empire) potentially Reva shard, and overall negative experience on Star Wars day

Asking for 100 kyros, 100 relic mats, 10 omicrons, 5 datacrons and +10 shards of all marquee characters released in last year
  • dacejoy99
    30 posts Member
    Almost an entire day lost due to shotty development. Affected TB, gac and arenas battles. Sure as heck hope so.

App is unstable. Even switching to airplane mode and back is causing it to reset. Missing hours at a time when you could normally login and get things done is gone due to order 3.0. I don't care when they fixed it. It affected when I normally login.

High quality. This game continues its downward trend into a dumpster soon to be set on fire.

I applaud your uselessness CG!
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    CG:
    9c4c1fa3-fb64-4132-b44f-7cde70eafd0f_text.gif

EA
    starwars-hansolo.gif
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

i just can’t see them NOT compensating the player base
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I'd rather they make sure the game is stable right now and deal with that first....
  • heateris
    130 posts Member
    I’m locked out again.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I will be genuinely shocked if they do.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    Always feel like compensation is always messed up. Take for instance all the people who got their fleet payout all day and then the ones that missed theirs. How do you justify giving everyone the same compensation? Shouldn't the ones, like myself, that missed out on fleet payouts get extra crystals?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'd rather they make sure the game is stable right now and deal with that first....
    This. fix the problem, then look at compensation.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • locked out for another 4 hours, thats two different occurances, then I get 5 messages of connection issue, no account attached, guest login bollocks. seriously top up my account "oh if I would I could".
  • Delmon_swgoh
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Always feel like compensation is always messed up. Take for instance all the people who got their fleet payout all day and then the ones that missed theirs. How do you justify giving everyone the same compensation? Shouldn't the ones, like myself, that missed out on fleet payouts get extra crystals?

And missed crystals from fleet payouts lead to not being able to buy energy refreshes during double drops…..a complete dumpster fire!! And this doesn’t even consider RotE rewards or Reva shards lost.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Have you got the inside line on the number of CWC shards coming our way?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • just wait to till you contact help and get the response "if I could I would" or "it would be unfair to compenstate you and not the other users"....lol like a digital transaction in a game is unfair...

Double drop day 8e normal ls 20 sims, 4 peices of required gear.....I got more when it wasn't double drop. Just another scam to buy cry for repeat sims to get nothing bascially.
  • Ravnos4
    15 posts Member
    I doubt it , I still can't get in.
  • Compensation would be nice, and honestly I would expect they'll do something, given the level of outrage. They done more for less.

But... it's not clear that all these outages are their fault. They may not be. What we need to be focused on, is the complete bait and switch they just pulled on us with the new raid rewards. I would totally bypass any and all compensation for the outages, in favor of a reworked, FAIR, reward track, that lives up to what we were promised: equivalency of previous rewards, with the possibility of going above and beyond.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Yesterday they said they applied a hot fix for the issue. And today they said it was resolved ‘but may take some time to take effect’

Certainly sounds like an issue on their end
  • Your compensation is a 240€ package with 6 omicrons
  • The timing of compensation is as important as the comp itself. This needs to be handled ASAP by CG. Every minute that goes by is a middle finger to the player base….on what is supposed to be the most fun day in SWGOH.
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    Don't worry. It'll be similar to how they handled the compensation for the week of no Raids.
  • 9 hours of rolling lockouts and time zone difference (I.E when normal people in my time zone sleep) I was unable to compete in grand...lose one battle and drop from 95 cry a day to now 50....Yet in the last 6 months everytime I've won a round or in some cases came 1st or second in the event I get the old "no change" chestnut....

how tf do you go from 95 cry a day to 50 losing 1 single round you couldn't even compete in?

3 weeks ago I was getting 115 cry a day, then it changed to 105, then 95...no notifications, no warnings, no loss at tournies....just another scam.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    just wait to till you contact help and get the response "if I could I would" or "it would be unfair to compenstate you and not the other users"....lol like a digital transaction in a game is unfair...

Double drop day 8e normal ls 20 sims, 4 peices of required gear.....I got more when it wasn't double drop. Just another scam to buy cry for repeat sims to get nothing bascially.

If you're upset on your return for money spent you could consider... not spending money on the game. That is always an option.

where did I say I spent money?
    Do you?,,,If you don't you are already getting more than you paid for
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    You have to laugh when CG **** up.... All of a sudden everybody describes themselves as a big spender, they all get first in fleet every day, they all miseed payouts, everyone would have won GAC if it weren't for this etc etc....

I went to sleep with the game not working. After coming home from work, the game was still not working. That's like 16 hours. Stop trolling. We deserve a compensation. Now call me entitled. I don't usually complain, but this disaster is undefendable.

Other games after 1 hour of scheduled server maintenance: "sorry for the inconvenience, here is compensation".
    CG after 16 hours without playing: "we have cool packs for the new toon, go buy them!".

I never said no compensation was deserved, in fact, I would wager based on my 6 years of history playing the game, some will be coming.... I'd rather see them compensate when the servers are stable though, otherwise it will be a neverending stream of "I got locked out and didn't receive the compensation"...

I was simply making an observation that, when something goes wrong and denies people access to the game, everyone is suddenly a high paying max rewards, 100% GA winning player and demanding compensation as such....

Nobody is trolling, I am not responsible for what you decide to read, I am only responsible for what I actually say..
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1065 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    just wait to till you contact help and get the response "if I could I would" or "it would be unfair to compenstate you and not the other users"....lol like a digital transaction in a game is unfair...

If you're upset on your return for money spent you could consider... not spending money on the game. That is always an option.

where did I say I spent money?
    Just another scam to buy cry for repeat sims to get nothing bascially.

You didn’t say it. You implied it.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    You have to laugh when CG **** up.... All of a sudden everybody describes themselves as a big spender, they all get first in fleet every day, they all miseed payouts, everyone would have won GAC if it weren't for this etc etc....

I went to sleep with the game not working. After coming home from work, the game was still not working. That's like 16 hours. Stop trolling. We deserve a compensation. Now call me entitled. I don't usually complain, but this disaster is undefendable.

Other games after 1 hour of scheduled server maintenance: "sorry for the inconvenience, here is compensation".
    CG after 16 hours without playing: "we have cool packs for the new toon, go buy them!".

I never said no compensation was deserved, in fact, I would wager based on my 6 years of history playing the game, some will be coming.... I'd rather see them compensate when the servers are stable though, otherwise it will be a neverending stream of "I got locked out and didn't receive the compensation"...

I was simply making an observation that, when something goes wrong and denies people access to the game, everyone is suddenly a high paying max rewards, 100% GA winning player and demanding compensation as such....

Nobody is trolling, I am not responsible for what you decide to read, I am only responsible for what I actually say..

Well, your observation is wrong. Stop saying "everyone" when quite plainly "everyone" hasn't presented their situation in the way you have (quite incorrectly) commented.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Well, your observation is wrong. Stop saying "everyone" when quite plainly "everyone" hasn't presented their situation in the way you have (quite incorrectly) commented.

I whole heartedly apologize.... what do you feel is an adequate level of compensation?.... I have yet to see someone suggest a reasonable one, have you? May as well lay it out now because nothing short of full rewards for everything going in the game an much much more is going to satisfy everybody.....
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I whole heartedly apologize.... what do you feel is an adequate level of compensation?.... I have yet to see someone suggest a reasonable one, have you? May as well lay it out now because nothing short of full rewards for everything going in the game an much much more is going to satisfy everybody.....

I don't see what that has to do with my comment.

But on what basis are you presenting the views of everybody? Or what everyone's expectations are in regard to compensation? You've stated that everyone expects "full rewards". How did you arrive at that conclusion?
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Guys, please.. let us not forget where misplaced frustration and disappointment should be pointed.
    Right now, not at each other
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Sloth243 wrote: »
    Guys, please.. let us not forget where misplaced frustration and disappointment should be pointed.
    Right now, not at each other

Well said.... Compensation is in order and, based on a what has been done historically, it will be forthcoming though .. so no need to rally the mob and grab pitchforks....
This discussion has been closed.