jloff wrote: »
    1000 crystals can't complain about that

Abd yet there will be dozens on here saying "hold my beer".... Lol
  • LordDirt
    5004 posts Member
    Options

Once again, half the players got their fleet payout and others didn’t. So some made out better than others. They can easily payout more crystals to those that had their payouts during the shutdown.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Once again, half the players got their fleet payout and others didn’t. So some made out better than others. They can easily payout more crystals to those that had their payouts during the shutdown.

Everyone got their fleet payout, not everyone had the chance to get first (which represents a super small portion of the player base)..... Even then, with a 1k crystal comp package, they are still way better off...
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options

There’s no plausible way to calculate what each player lost individually. This is how compensation works, we get something that makes up for all of the trouble.

If you’re not happy, you can try to give it back.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • LordDirt
    5004 posts Member
    Options
    Easy, just give an extra 200 crystals to those who had payouts during the outage. Better than nothing.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Easy, just give an extra 200 crystals to those who had payouts during the outage. Better than nothing.

But you aren’t getting nothing? And you’re ignoring all the other individual issues, like not being able to attack in GAC, missing energy refreshes, etc.

It’s a lump sum for whatever your account may have experienced during the outage. Let’s move on to the raid rewards.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    CG, you can keep the 1000 crystals.
    More was lost yesterday. Even if you lost a kyber 3 GAC match alone that was about 750 crystals lost with no chance to try. Three types of energy collection missed especially during double drops… I bet guilds lost ROTE stars and maybe reva shards.
    That is discounting the five hours of life lost trying to play the game instead of doing something else hoping to see the new raid.
  • Options
    THAT PART
    nfidel2k wrote: »

Let’s move on to the raid rewards.

• Options
    Forget the double drops. Double drops of zero is still zero. Give me a day or two of guaranteed drops.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'd rather they make sure the game is stable right now and deal with that first....

Why not both?

It ain't mutually exclusive...
  • LordDirt
    5004 posts Member
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

But you aren’t getting nothing? And you’re ignoring all the other individual issues, like not being able to attack in GAC, missing energy refreshes, etc.

It’s a lump sum for whatever your account may have experienced during the outage. Let’s move on to the raid rewards.

Sounds like someone got their fleet payout
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    I'd rather they make sure the game is stable right now and deal with that first....

Why not both?

It ain't mutually exclusive...

Well, they announced what we are getting as compensation, so no it isn't....

That being said, pretty hard to deliver a comp package to someone in a game that isn't working....:)
  • CrispyFett
    974 posts Member
    Options
    CarterTHX wrote: »
    Forget the double drops. Double drops of zero is still zero. Give me a day or two of guaranteed drops.

Oooh I like this idea. A day of Guaranteed Drops where every attempt gets a shard/gear/relic etc. That would be awesome
  • ragnoris
    70 posts Member
    Options
    I’m perfectly fine with more stuff, but for a lot of items, guaranteed drops would not be the equivalent of double drops; it would be more along the lines of 3x, 4x or 5x drops.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    You have to laugh when CG **** up.... All of a sudden everybody describes themselves as a big spender, they all get first in fleet every day, they all miseed payouts, everyone would have won GAC if it weren't for this etc etc....

You can easily check the accounts of those whom said they get 1st every day...
    I was one of those that made that statement, because it is true.
    Apart from 3 days the last month (which were 2 holidays for me and one where I had to use my phone for a long business call) I always hit first. And even on those days I was on 3rd.

https://swgoh.gg/p/532999778/
    See for yourself

Oh and btw I never made a secret out of me being f2p, so no, I am not a big spender. But does that somehow change the fact that I missed out on my fleet reward/the possibility to climb?

I really get why you at least sometimes provide a different perspective/opinion but in the case of what has happened the last 2 days, I think there is no way of seeing it any other way than what the facts show. The downtimes and Raid rewards can not be seen any differently.

It wasn't specifically directed at you.... It was more directed at the multiple people that have demanded compensation far and above what they would normally get in a day, perhaps I should have been more magnanimous...

There was even a guy in another thread stating how poor his compensation was and what he lost only to have someone look up his swgoh.gg to discover he has never cracked top 50 in fleetin his lifetime and actually participated in and won his GAC during the outage... :)

As far as your personal situation, without digging further, CG can't be expected to dig into everyone's accounts and issue exactly what they lost which is why they issue blanket compensation... If you were locked out of your GAC and lost even the participation rewards that stinks ... As for your fleet, you surely got some sort of payout, albeit not number 1... If you did get anything from GAC and you did get somewhat of a fleet payout then your base compensation should be what you got vs what you could have gotten without the server interruption... If thats more than 100 then I would say you have a right to feel 1k is not enough...
  • Options
    You have to laugh when CG **** up.... All of a sudden everybody describes themselves as a big spender, they all get first in fleet every day, they all miseed payouts, everyone would have won GAC if it weren't for this etc etc....

Apart from 3 days the last month (which were 2 holidays for me and one where I had to use my phone for a long business call) I always hit first. And even on those days I was on 3rd.

See for yourself

Oh and btw I never made a secret out of me being f2p, so no, I am not a big spender. But does that somehow change the fact that I missed out on my fleet reward/the possibility to climb?

I really get why you at least sometimes provide a different perspective/opinion but in the case of what has happened the last 2 days, I think there is no way of seeing it any other way than what the facts show. The downtimes and Raid rewards can not be seen any differently.

It wasn't specifically directed at you.... It was more directed at the multiple people that have demanded compensation far and above what they would normally get in a day, perhaps I should have been more magnanimous...

There was even a guy in another thread stating how poor his compensation was and what he lost only to have someone look up his swgoh.gg to discover he has never cracked top 50 in fleetin his lifetime and actually participated in and won his GAC during the outage... :)

As far as your personal situation, without digging further, CG can't be expected to dig into everyone's accounts and issue exactly what they lost which is why they issue blanket compensation... If you were locked out of your GAC and lost even the participation rewards that stinks ... As for your fleet, you surely got some sort of payout, albeit not number 1... If you did get anything from GAC and you did get somewhat of a fleet payout then your base compensation should be what you got vs what you could have gotten without the server interruption... If thats more than 100 then I would say you have a right to feel 1k is not enough...

If CG can't dig into every acct to see who played/finished GAC (but somehow know who applied Boushh's omicron 😏😉) then the compensation should be equal to OR ABOVE to apologize for what happened. That would be the proper PR move but we'll see if CG is respects it's clients/players.
  • nottenst
    688 posts Member
    Options
    Gotta have those Chewie shards
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

See for yourself

If CG can't dig into every acct to see who played/finished GAC (but somehow know who applied Boushh's omicron 😏😉) then the compensation should be equal to OR ABOVE to apologize for what happened. That would be the proper PR move but we'll see if CG is respects it's clients/players.

Again, no software engineer here.... But it's super easy to see if someone has the boush omicron from a software perspective.... Even swgoh.gg can tell you that and all they do is run if/and conditions....
  • Options

See for yourself

Again, no software engineer here.... But it's super easy to see if someone has the boush omicron from a software perspective.... Even swgoh.gg can tell you that and all they do is run if/and conditions....

yes, the analogy wasn't exactly the same but if the data is there, (which we can guess it's there since the bots can get the data for the 3rd party apps but let's say for argument sake you or I can't know for sure, unless you are @CG_SBCrumb, then all bets are off...) then it can be found and CG could do it.
  • Options
    As someone who is really bad at this game, I’m open to compensation. I’ve lost nothing in this time lol.
  • dogwelder79
    1485 posts Member
    Options
    In the end we got compensation. I'm curious to see if someone still argues against it.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

See for yourself

You love to speak for CG but cry foul when others do it for the community at large... Interesting...

My cynical mind is throwing red flags here...

Who are you to tell me what I "love to speak for?"......
    I don't.. Your own posts do..

I'm no happier with the raid rewards than anyone else, The server going down ****, but the compensation worked for me and I am trying to understand why it may not work for others..... It's as simple as that....
    And so? That's not relative to your statement of speaking for what CG is willing or not willing to do...

Compensation from any company that affects their clients should be equal or better then the grievance, that's just good business and PR..

Agreed.... Has anyone been actually able to prove they lost more than 1k crystals?..... Thats exactly what I am asking.....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Perfect example of why we can't have nice things.....
  • Options
    It is impossible to give compensation for lost play time. Every player "deserves" a different amount of compensation, and some deserve none, because they didn't lose out on anything. Some may have won GACs because their opponent didn't get to play. Should those accounts be negatively adjusted because they lucked out?

It is not feasible to look over individual accounts - it would take literally millions of manhours. Yes, literally.

It is also not fair to give extra compensation to those players who happen to complain about their particular situation. It would also encourage every player to contact customer service - which is not a good thing.

The best they can do is to give a token of appreciation to everyone. That has been done with the 1,000 crystals. It could have been 0. It could have been 10,000 crystals. It is arbitrary, and it doesn't matter in the long run, due to inflation.

Is was not compensation. It is hush money. So hush now and get back to complaining about the raid rewards - something they can actually do something about.
  • Options
    Go with Bamboozled instead. Baboons are less likely to be offended.
  • Options
    It is impossible to give compensation for lost play time. Every player "deserves" a different amount of compensation, and some deserve none, because they didn't lose out on anything. Some may have won GACs because their opponent didn't get to play. Should those accounts be negatively adjusted because they lucked out?

It is not feasible to look over individual accounts - it would take literally millions of manhours. Yes, literally.

It is also not fair to give extra compensation to those players who happen to complain about their particular situation. It would also encourage every player to contact customer service - which is not a good thing.

The best they can do is to give a token of appreciation to everyone. That has been done with the 1,000 crystals. It could have been 0. It could have been 10,000 crystals. It is arbitrary, and it doesn't matter in the long run, due to inflation.

Is was not compensation. It is hush money. So hush now and get back to complaining about the raid rewards - something they can actually do something about.

+ 3 cwc cards, don't forget them, an important piece to the hush money package!

• Options
    Go with Bamboozled instead. Baboons are less likely to be offended.

As someone who frequently enjoys booze I find this highly offensive
This discussion has been closed.