Cassian & Saw Gerrera Synergy bug

So I've been seeing other posts about the bug in Tier III of Saw's event, where Cassian can use his shock grenade infinitely. However, I don't think it's just a bug with the event.
In Cassian's kit, under the Shock Grenade ability, it says that after applying all the debuffs, "Then, gain 20% turn meter for each debuffed enemy." That would just give Cassian another turn, but because the cooldown is 2, he would not be able to loop the ability. However, in Saw's kit, it says that "whenever a buff expires on an ally, they gain tenacity up for 1 turn and a bonus based on role" Cassian is a support, and the bonus for a support is that they "Reduce cooldowns by 1 and gain 25% turn meter." And this is what is causing the issue. Because the cooldown for Shock Grenade is 2, Cassian's kit is already giving him a bonus turn reducing the cooldown to 1, but Saw's bonus is going to reduce that cooldown a second time to 0, meaning he can use it again. And because Saw gives Tenacity up for only 1 turn, that will keep expiring at the end of Cassian's turn, triggering the bonus every turn, meaning that the kits together create an infinite loop.

I might be completely wrong on this, but as of now, I think this is what's causing the loop.

Replies

• This happened to me as well, but I was on auto when it happened.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I don't think this is it. It's coded as full turn complete, so I don't think it expires until the end of the turn. If it expired at the beginning, as you suggest, this would be 100% reproducible, and I can't get it to happen.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I don't think this is it. It's coded as full turn complete, so I don't think it expires until the end of the turn. If it expired at the beginning, as you suggest, this would be 100% reproducible, and I can't get it to happen.

I just watched Ahnald put his team on auto and Cassian do the grenade toss over and over again in the event. So it seems like it's happening, hopefully not outside the event though?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited May 2023
    For the record, is this only happening in the Legacy tier? I can't reproduce on bonus tier, but it's also really hard to get this set up before they all die, even if you fill with all g1 characters. But even on auto, Cassian alternates between specials 1&2.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    For the record, is this only happening in the Legacy tier? I can't reproduce on bonus tier, but it's also really hard to get this set up before they all die, even if you fill with all g1 characters. But even on auto, Cassian alternates between specials 1&2.

Check out Ahnald's Saw testing stream from today. He's able to do it outside the event, but there's something odd about it because it was repeatable, but not under the exact same circumstances every time. That might be beneficial to review to figure out what's right or wrong with it.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I might be misunderstanding what you're saying, but the way I see it is that after Cassian uses Shock Grenade, he will gain around 100% turn meter (assuming all 5 enemies were debuffed). At this point he would be taking another turn instantly, and the cooldown of SG would be at 1 (because it's reusable in 2 turns). This was what it was before Saw was added. However, after that previous turn, the Tenacity Up from Saw's unique would expire, meaning that Cassian would gain another 25% turn meter (in case Cassian gained only 80% from debuffed enemies etc), and then reduce his cooldowns by 1, meaning he would be able to use SG again. The first instance of Saw's bonus could be triggered by a Heal Over Time expiring (such as the HOT from Saw's unique as well) which would then grant Tenacity Up, triggering the infinite loop. I can't test if it's reproducible yet, because my Saw and Cassian aren't high level, but I believe it should be.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    This happened to me as well, but I was on auto when it happened.

Same!