New Raid - Limit for battles

MaruMaru
3338 posts Member
What bugs me most about the new raid besides the rewards is that you can only use 5 squads. Did this little detail exist anywhere in previous raid announcements? They had no problem announcing the needed factions.

Replies

• herd_nerfer
    1815 posts Member
    By far and away not my biggest concern - but it is a little curious that CG only wants us to build 5 teams for this raid lol. It would seem smarter to encourage us to build all these factions as fully as we can.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Why have a limit of five when the maximum amount of teams you can have is eight?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Turns out I'm wrong though. My battles replenished after a day. But not the teams.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Turns out I'm wrong though. My battles replenished after a day. But not the teams.

This is a “bug” that they’re looking at fixing 🙄

I mean, it really does seem like it would be in their best interest to keep it like this, because it incentivizes building 8 teams instead of 5…
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I mean, it really does seem like it would be in their best interest to keep it like this, because it incentivizes building 8 teams instead of 5…

Yea and there is no point to limit the amount of battles when the max is 8. Even if they change it in the future, I don't see a plausible reason to forcefully pace it over days.
  • It's probably to maintain the reward structure among future raids. If guilds can technically field 8 teams in one raid, but can field no more than 5 in another, they would have to adjust the reward track per raid. Fixing it at a guaranteed minimum value and then building factions around a raid that would provide at least that many teams prevents the need to change the scoring system per raid.

• MaruMaru wrote: »

More like incentivises abandoning the raid and the squads needed to play it altogether.

what’s the point of a 3 day raid that even the top rosters can only hit 8 times over the course of the event?

Is anyone going to bother continueing building their Jawa and tusken teams?

If it stays the way it is, I won’t be.