Grand arena Draw suggestion

FenderMan
10 posts Member
Hello heroes,

I've just completed the latest round of GAC in a draw 836 - 836.

It was my first time therefore I just looked it up and found out highest GP wins as stated here:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189892/grand-arena-tie-breakers#latest

I think there should be an exception for when a full clear of the territories happen.

My opinion is that the first one to clear all territories should get the win when there is a draw.

To me it would make much more sense in terms of the spirit of competition.

I think it only makes sense for when there is a full clear of all territories.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1281 posts Member
    Since time zones exist, I disagree.
  • Dreadful idea for a global game.

• FenderMan
    10 posts Member

Makes senses, thx for the input
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Since time zones exist, I disagree.

I still disagree with the highest GP win, I think it should be a random winner in that case.

• FenderMan
    10 posts Member
    More context as to why I believe highest GP shouldn't win.

If two people end up with the same result (draw) the one with the lower power has had a better focus to get him to this GAC result.

By that I mean that the highest GP player either doesn't use his rooster properly or decided to get characters that aren't as good in GAC.

For example, at my lvl, I see many people going for SLKR or they have SLKR. Those players end up having a rooster mainly of FO which sucks overall in GAC.

I end up beating that guy because I have better synergy overall and have worked on counters for most team.

But that guy has a much higher GP.

It makes much more sense that actually the lowest GP player should get the win.

But I believe this community doesn't believe that the underdog should win.

Therefore I think at a minimum it should be random.
  • FenderMan wrote: »
    More context as to why I believe highest GP shouldn't win.

If two people end up with the same result (draw) the one with the lower power has had a better focus to get him to this GAC result.

By that I mean that the highest GP player either doesn't use his rooster properly or decided to get characters that aren't as good in GAC.

For example, at my lvl, I see many people going for SLKR or they have SLKR. Those players end up having a rooster mainly of FO which sucks overall in GAC.

I end up beating that guy because I have better synergy overall and have worked on counters for most team.

But that guy has a much higher GP.

It makes much more sense that actually the lowest GP player should get the win.

But I believe this community doesn't believe that the underdog should win.

Therefore I think at a minimum it should be random.
    There have been dozens and dozens of threads about this.

You feel the way you feel, many agree, and many feel the opposite.

We need an arbitrary way to settle a tie, and we’ve got one.
  • FenderMan
    10 posts Member
    Lower GP then, I think my explanation as to why the lower GP player deserves it more having a better focus on GAC makes sense.
    Lower GP then, I think my explanation as to why the lower GP player deserves it more having a better focus on GAC makes sense.

I disagree, the one with the larger investment in the game should win, no change needed
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • FenderMan
    10 posts Member
    FenderMan wrote: »

I disagree, the one with the larger investment in the game should win, no change needed

Err having a higher GP doesn't mean higher investment in the game.

I could be a burgeoning whale.

That’s what I meant by investment(higher GP = more invested in game), sorry it wasn’t clear
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

In that case your opponent deserves the win for drawing with a superior player.
  • FenderMan
    10 posts Member

The lower GP has had a better focus on having good teams for GAC.

What do you even mean by superior player?
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

If you are a burgeoning whale, you will likely have a leaner roster with more of the most recent teams available.

I am trying not to be facetious, but I have literally read all your suggestions hundreds of times before and see little point in yet another thread on this.

As I said, we need an arbitrary method to settle a tie, and we’ve got one.
  • FenderMan
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2023

That’s what I meant by investment(higher GP = more invested in game), sorry it wasn’t clear

I see your point investment is not only in forms of money but also time. And having a higher GP can mean either one of both.

That means that as a community we advocate that we give more privilege to people having been there for longer.

On the opposite hand, we could try to cater to new members of our community,

I guess that's what's it's all about.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

I see your point investment is not only in forms of money but also time. And having a higher GP can mean either one of both.
    In previous threads, a common counterpoint to the “lower GP should win” argument is that - on some level - that outcome would incentivise suppressing your roster.

The devs have made many mistakes over the years, but altering GAC to remove the incentive to minimise your GP is one of the things they’ve got right.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

If you are a burgeoning whale, you will likely have a leaner roster with more of the most recent teams available.

I am trying not to be facetious, but I have literally read all your suggestions hundreds of times before and see little point in yet another thread on this.

As I said, we need an arbitrary method to settle a tie, and we’ve got one.

This.... It's been brought up multiple times....

I'd rather lose to a player that has higher GP than lose based on an invisible coin flip I don't get to see happen.... At least going into the GAC you know whether your opponent has a higher GP or not....