Raid timer too long for classic raids

SkillKing
26 posts Member
Since there are no personal rewards on the classic raids, you shouldn't have to wait two full days for rewards.

From my understanding, the reason the Krayt dragon raid lasts 2 full days is because of personal rewards.

For those guilds running the classic raids, making the raid last a full two days Is just unnecessary.

Replies

• I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    One cleared the raid in 20 minutes and everyone waits 2 days for rewards seems kinda trash
  • Completely agree with this.
    This is a redundant feature, especially as these raids are finished so quickly and now all I can do for 2 days is watch the end animation over and over. Just bring back the sim.

Myself and my guildmates all feel cheated over this, as they were a nice source of background gear that helped members of all abilities grow. Instead, we’ve been hit by the bait and switch. A shiny new raid to distract us while we’re forced to reduce the number of raids we can do per week.
  • I imagine the timer is there to give everyone in a guild a chance to make one attack so they get the rewards. There should be a mechanism such that once everyone had made an attack it auto finishes early.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    One cleared the raid in 20 minutes and everyone waits 2 days for rewards IS trash

There, I fixed it for you.
  • Lumiya
    1474 posts Member
    I imagine the timer is there to give everyone in a guild a chance to make one attack so they get the rewards. There should be a mechanism such that once everyone had made an attack it auto finishes early.

Honestly, this is purely up to the guilds themselves if they haven't implemented it themselves. We always had the rule to wait 45 minutes after the Raid started before submitting your score/solo run as to give everyone the chance to get points in.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    I imagine the timer is there to give everyone in a guild a chance to make one attack so they get the rewards. There should be a mechanism such that once everyone had made an attack it auto finishes early.

Honestly, this is purely up to the guilds themselves if they haven't implemented it themselves. We always had the rule to wait 45 minutes after the Raid started before submitting your score/solo run as to give everyone the chance to get points in.

Maybe I misunderstood how the legacy raids now function. I thought everyone gets the same rewards from the guild track, and there’s no individual track?

From that I thought the OP was saying they’ve maxed the guild track and no one can get those rewards until the raid finishes, 48 hours after it launched and it’s now a waste of time for them, and their guild. Or did I miss something?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • It's aesthetically impressive. But it's really dull with poor rewards. Another cg own goal. This game will no doubt continue to be supported by the community despite all the nonsense, but who's going to play anything else they do? That lotr game, who's fans have a huge crossover with Sci fi fans, is dead to me before it starts
  • [well, I have more time to read the forums because gameplay has slowed down so much it’s ground to almost a complete halt.

I just don’t understand the thought process of removing gameplay and replacing with a relatively unplayable mode, and then leaving us all waiting days for it to start again.

It’s just painful and really testing the patience in an already very slow burning game.

• I_JnK_I wrote: »
    One cleared the raid in 20 minutes and everyone waits 2 days for rewards seems kinda trash

I think “kinda trash” was their theme with this update though
  • Rootdev
    34 posts Member
    Totally agree here, I thought under the new format everyone got their own go but it seems the legacy raids just progress as before. Couple of people knock it over in a matter of minutes and we as a guild can’t do anything for the next 2 days. The legacy raids are effectively dead.
  • SkillKing
    26 posts Member
    My suggestion is just give all players in the guild the rewards, but make the rewards expire in your inbox so you can't have them build up over a year if you AFK.

Similar to arena rewards.
  • Lumiya
    1474 posts Member
    pistoffguy wrote: »
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

I think “kinda trash” was their theme with this update though

76p1xe1hnw7d.gif
  • Shmoopyz
    123 posts Member
    Yep, way too long.

Since they are now giving 80% less rewards, at least they could be over faster. :'(
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    All raids launch cost - 90k tokens. It 3 or 4 days. You couldn't run raids faster then every 3 days and that's time after raid done is just time to hit raid and receive reward for those who didn't play it in first 5 mins.
    And this is not problem at all. If Only One Raid rule wouldn't be rollbacked this mean nothing.
    Rewards is much bigger issue.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    DeusArt wrote: »
    All raids launch cost - 90k tokens. It 3 or 4 days. You couldn't run raids faster then every 3 days and that's time after raid done is just time to hit raid and receive reward for those who didn't play it in first 5 mins.
    And this is not problem at all. If Only One Raid rule wouldn't be rollbacked this mean nothing.
    Rewards is much bigger issue.

True it’s minor. But I for one would rather wait 24 hours after the raid with rewards in hand than sit for 24 hours waiting to start a raid we already started.
    And especially with the new rewards system it’s not like we need a sign up phase.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    True it’s minor. But I for one would rather wait 24 hours after the raid with rewards in hand than sit for 24 hours waiting to start a raid we already started.
    And especially with the new rewards system it’s not like we need a sign up phase.
    This waiting period was the goal. Everyone have 2 day to hit raid and recieve reward. If raid will be closed after it is completed then reward will be lost for most players in a guild who didn't played in this short period of time.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    DeusArt wrote: »
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    This waiting period was the goal. Everyone have 2 day to hit raid and recieve reward. If raid will be closed after it is completed then reward will be lost for most players in a guild who didn't played in this short period of time.

except that the period for everyone to earn rewards is the 48 hour window to attack, not the 24 hour window where no one can do anything.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Jimster1
    174 posts Member
    I just want to be able to launch 2 raids at once. My guild is lower level but still wanted to play the Krayt so I launched it when it came out. We barely got 10 million points but now I find myself bored. I was able to get 600k points but that used like 5 teams to do it.

We just sit here waiting for the timer to run out. Having the ability to launch 2 would at least let me launch the sith raid. I still have 5 hours until the raid expires. Plus the rewards do suck and I may not feel the credit thing but the gear I am feeling. I also feel like it was a missed opportunity to not have Cobb Vanth as a reward, he could have been under mando category so he can be part of the raid since he fought the dragon. ( i know he wasnt a mandolarian but he did fight the dragon and he certainly doesnt fit the other groups). Or just let him be an exception to the requirements.

• Lumiya
    1474 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »

Maybe I misunderstood how the legacy raids now function. I thought everyone gets the same rewards from the guild track, and there’s no individual track?

From that I thought the OP was saying they’ve maxed the guild track and no one can get those rewards until the raid finishes, 48 hours after it launched and it’s now a waste of time for them, and their guild. Or did I miss something?

No, you are not wrong, that is how it works now. What I meant was before, every guild could have made a rule about not finishing a Raid too early.

I think at least a small reason why the Raids are now running for the total amount of time is because there were always some comments about people before whom could not get points in Raids because they were closed too fast by their guild members.
  • STRYKER667
    152 posts Member
    Except now they are all legacy raid except for Kryat so in essence they are Sims where everyone in guild gets same rewards whether they join or not. Posting a score does nothing for the rewards earned like before. So why have to wait the 2 full days to get them. It just makes sense to have the 1hour timer like before when the raids are completed.
  • SkillKing
    26 posts Member

No, you are not wrong, that is how it works now. What I meant was before, every guild could have made a rule about not finishing a Raid too early.

I think at least a small reason why the Raids are now running for the total amount of time is because there were always some comments about people before whom could not get points in Raids because they were closed too fast by their guild members.

The thing is, you don't have to hit to get rewards. I get what you are saying, but we dont need two days to hit it, since you don't have to hit it to get rewards anymore.
  • SkillKing
    26 posts Member

You don't have to attack to get rewards anymore. Only in the Krayt Dragon Raid, do you lose rewards for not attacking now.

So forcing everybody to wait two full days before receiving rewards, or being allowed to launch another raid is pointless and boring.