Been playing for a little over 3 years and have never seen it like this.

Ive heard the horror stories of when CPIT was launched. Did it ever get as bad around here as it is now?

Was really looking forward to the new raid but back to soloing HSTR while our guild farms Jabba for the next 4+ months.

Replies

• el_mago
    751 posts Member
    omkar0652 wrote: »
    Ive heard the horror stories of when CPIT was launched. Did it ever get as bad around here as it is now?

Was really looking forward to the new raid but back to soloing HSTR while our guild farms Jabba for the next 4+ months.

I think (the initial gameplay of) CPit was bad because it forced people to hold/coordinate damage across multiple coutries/time zones which was obviously not an ideal situation. They fixed that eventually so that it wasn't so cumbersome. However, the aeros were worth some of the pain we were put through AFTER they fixed it.

This situation is a bit different since they are effectively taking rewards away from us. I feel your pain on that as I believe my guild is also going to go back to HSTR after this.

As to your question: I don't think it got as bad for the launch of CPit as it is now since it's a bit of a different situation,but I think it has gotten pretty bad for other situations. I'm sure the community can chime in a bit here as my memory is fuzzy.

1. There was a Malak shards issue - there was some type of loophole that people were using (right or wrong is not my judgment t make) that people were up in arms about.
    2. There was an issue awhile back where there appeared to be definitive proof that CG negotiated with a cheater.
    3. There was the great nerf of 2021
    4. I wasn't around for it, but I heard the "tip of the spear" comment from a well-intentioned CG community manager went over pretty badly

That's all I can think of from the top of my head, though with this game being active as long as it has been, there's bound to be things I can't or don't remember.
  • It may be a while until we see how this unfolds fully. As far as I can remember one of the big issues with the CPit launch was also how it pulled a lot of guilds apart, with certain teams being key to breaking down particular phases there was something of an arms race to make sure guilds had the right members. If you had good teams but the rest of the guild wasn't up to it then people would leave guildies of years or more because r8 was the new must-have. There doesn't seem to be one particular gear/relic/ability mat that Krayt gives so it may not have quite the same effect.

Possibly with the massive nerf to rewards due to CGs incompetence to actually gauge the rewards track correctly players are also going to wait a little while to see if they make good on their promises in the RA before looking to move to a bigger guild. As it stands the Krayt is pretty irrelevant and most guild turnover is probably still linked to RotE, GI and Reva shards.

Similarly, I doubt we'll see players dropping spending or leaving immediately, just because of how ridiculous the situation currently is as it stands. Maybe in a few weeks or month if there's no correction made then players will think again. I know I will.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    It may be a while until we see how this unfolds fully. As far as I can remember one of the big issues with the CPit launch was also how it pulled a lot of guilds apart, with certain teams being key to breaking down particular phases there was something of an arms race to make sure guilds had the right members. If you had good teams but the rest of the guild wasn't up to it then people would leave guildies of years or more because r8 was the new must-have. There doesn't seem to be one particular gear/relic/ability mat that Krayt gives so it may not have quite the same effect.

Possibly with the massive nerf to rewards due to CGs incompetence to actually gauge the rewards track correctly players are also going to wait a little while to see if they make good on their promises in the RA before looking to move to a bigger guild. As it stands the Krayt is pretty irrelevant and most guild turnover is probably still linked to RotE, GI and Reva shards.

Similarly, I doubt we'll see players dropping spending or leaving immediately, just because of how ridiculous the situation currently is as it stands. Maybe in a few weeks or month if there's no correction made then players will think again. I know I will.
    Pretty much every element of new content has torn guilds apart - the only way the new raid system will do that is if people are so bored of it / disengaged with the rewards that they don’t do their 5 attempts across 3 days.

CG must realise something needs changed if it doesn’t result in the decimation of existing guilds!

• CG must realise something needs changed if it doesn’t result in the decimation of existing guilds!

The glass-half-empty side of me says they probably don't care about this as long as the money keeps coming in. It's a real shame as I imagine for many players, myself included, the collaborative guild events are a big part of the enjoyment and why they keep playing.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

CG must realise something needs changed if it doesn’t result in the decimation of existing guilds!

The glass-half-empty side of me says they probably don't care about this as long as the money keeps coming in. It's a real shame as I imagine for many players, myself included, the collaborative guild events are a big part of the enjoyment and why they keep playing.

From what I see here and what I have seen in my guild at times as well, people don't seem to want too many collaborative type events... I'm with you, that has always been my favorite part and I remember fondly the first time my guild beat HPIT and HSTR... Those were big achievements back then...

But, then again, the rewards for those achievements were also very good....
  • ragnoris
    70 posts Member
    It’s always bad with new content or changes to content.

With cpit there was rage over being “forced” to take toons to r5 that didn’t “need” to be so that they could be used in it, and the rewards were too low for the investment that had to be put in.

With tb there was rage for a while that the hoth battles gave more mk 1 than the geo battles.

The sky is always falling.

• el_mago
    751 posts Member
    I feel like we as a player base in general - certainly NOT the estimable folks who frequent this fine establishment - are always seeing the sky is falling. Notwithstanding this reward structure - it does kinda suck. However, I find it quite odd that if you ask why we still play this game the answer is almost always - my guild and the friends I've made in it along the way - YET, every piece of new content is always "tearing the guilds apart".
  • I've been playing for 6 and a half years. This isn't the worst thing to happen by a long shot. Not even close to the original version of CPit, with the required coordination of damage posting that was next to impossible for international guilds. That was a guild killer before they made the changes. HSTR was also a guild disruptor at first but at least that was a challenge guilds could work towards beating, and I think for a lot of us the thrill of successfully tackling it the first time is among our favorite moments in this game. CG Carrie's Tip of the Spear comment doesn't even crack the top 10 of SWGOH gaffes/low moments. So yes, the rewards reduction in this new raid isn't fantastic, but there have been worse.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I've been playing for 6 and a half years. This isn't the worst thing to happen by a long shot. Not even close to the original version of CPit, with the required coordination of damage posting that was next to impossible for international guilds. That was a guild killer before they made the changes. HSTR was also a guild disruptor at first but at least that was a challenge guilds could work towards beating, and I think for a lot of us the thrill of successfully tackling it the first time is among our favorite moments in this game. CG Carrie's Tip of the Spear comment doesn't even crack the top 10 of SWGOH gaffes/low moments. So yes, the rewards reduction in this new raid isn't fantastic, but there have been worse.

Sorry but there was no rewards reduction like this. If i could get 200 g12+ pieces from one raid and now i can get 5..... also every raid was bringing challange for guilds, krayt dragon is opposite. It is forcing players to play hstr again means nobody plays raids except maybe top 50 guilds.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    4. I wasn't around for it, but I heard the "tip of the spear" comment from a well-intentioned CG community manager went over pretty badly

This was, among all the things we've reacted badly to, the absolute most petty.

She was speaking from actual facts. She was asked if people will spend $4k on this game and she said "Yep". Why did she say that? Because people had spent that in the past, so there was no reason to think that people wouldn't spend that in the future.

Did she feel that you should have to spend $4k/year to access the meta? nope. Did she say she was wanting the game to require $4k/year to access the meta? Nope. Did she say the powers that be had ordered a minimum $4k/year spending to access the meta? Nope.

She just honestly answered a question that some people spend $4k/year and she expected that there was no reason that would change.

This place went berserk.

I have overreacted -- I should know better by now, but I hate how grindy Conquest is and sometimes I get ahead of myself when critiquing Conquest feats before I've played them. That is ... not intelligent of me.

But absolutely nothing compares to people being outraged that someone told the truth that Krakens exist. How dare she!

:rolls eyes forever:
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Carrie seemed really cool. I was sorry that she left.
  • dhwo
    66 posts Member
    Yep, there has been a huge outcry, when Carrie has been honest. In hindsight she made unfortunately the right choice to leave CG. Since her departure it’s going downhill from my perspective.