GAC Horribly Unbalanced

Jsting
10 posts Member
I took a break from the game for a little over a year. I come back to it and a lot has changed with GAC, new characters, omnicrons, datacrons, etc. I was excited to get back to building my roster.

The first two weeks of playing GAC has been incredibly frustrating. I am consistently matched against opponents with 2-4 million more GP than me, 2-4 more galactice legends, and people that have every fleet.

How is this current set-up in GAC balanced? I have to literally hope my opponent doesn't show-up. I managed to clear 3 zones normally, but then Mr. Whale shows up and has twice the size of a roster to just plow through whatever I put in defense.

This is and your new raid system needs major fixing.

Replies

  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing alright....

    https://swgoh.gg/p/912683936/
  • xpgammer
    144 posts Member
    Options
    GAC isn't unbalanced it just has terrible matchmaking especially in lower levels because people who don't invest time into it sink to Carbonite and makes it really hard to find players at your level.
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Options
    The matchmaking is absolutely horrible. I am in Chromium I right now. Last round 2 out of the 3 opponents of mine were 8.4m GP, I have 4.1m.
    Now, the new one starts and my first opponent is 8.5m. The worst part of it is it doesn't matter you are in Carbon, Bronz or whatever, I get 2-4x bigger opponents every time for the past couple of months now. Extremely annoying...
  • Options
    Barney94 wrote: »
    The matchmaking is absolutely horrible. I am in Chromium I right now. Last round 2 out of the 3 opponents of mine were 8.4m GP, I have 4.1m.
    Now, the new one starts and my first opponent is 8.5m. The worst part of it is it doesn't matter you are in Carbon, Bronz or whatever, I get 2-4x bigger opponents every time for the past couple of months now. Extremely annoying...

    Agreed. I got not a single 2-4th place in my go this time around, got placed into bronzium 4 lmao. Yet I constantly run into guys active in Carbonite with 6 million plus and multiple GLS. How are they consistently winning in carb, and staying down yet im consistently losing more than I win and I move up. It makes no sense.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    DOOPSCOOOP wrote: »
    Barney94 wrote: »
    The matchmaking is absolutely horrible. I am in Chromium I right now. Last round 2 out of the 3 opponents of mine were 8.4m GP, I have 4.1m.
    Now, the new one starts and my first opponent is 8.5m. The worst part of it is it doesn't matter you are in Carbon, Bronz or whatever, I get 2-4x bigger opponents every time for the past couple of months now. Extremely annoying...

    Agreed. I got not a single 2-4th place in my go this time around, got placed into bronzium 4 lmao. Yet I constantly run into guys active in Carbonite with 6 million plus and multiple GLS. How are they consistently winning in carb, and staying down yet im consistently losing more than I win and I move up. It makes no sense.

    I do feel for you guys, but if they are 6 million and multiple GL they aren't "active"....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    DOOPSCOOOP wrote: »
    Barney94 wrote: »
    The matchmaking is absolutely horrible. I am in Chromium I right now. Last round 2 out of the 3 opponents of mine were 8.4m GP, I have 4.1m.
    Now, the new one starts and my first opponent is 8.5m. The worst part of it is it doesn't matter you are in Carbon, Bronz or whatever, I get 2-4x bigger opponents every time for the past couple of months now. Extremely annoying...

    Agreed. I got not a single 2-4th place in my go this time around, got placed into bronzium 4 lmao. Yet I constantly run into guys active in Carbonite with 6 million plus and multiple GLS. How are they consistently winning in carb, and staying down yet im consistently losing more than I win and I move up. It makes no sense.

    I do feel for you guys, but if they are 6 million and multiple GL they aren't "active"....

    Yeah, they are inactive for months then suddenly they start to be interested. Once I asked one of my 7m GP opponent wth is he doing in Chromium with that roster of his. He said he missed 3-4 months of GAC but now he is active... Well thx...
  • Options
    I recently got to level 85 and am sitting at Carbonite 4, I have 600k GP and my opponent **** 6 million with SLKR and JMLS earlier on I got an opponent with 3 million GP. What am I supposed to do and will it end?
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    I recently got to level 85 and am sitting at Carbonite 4, I have 600k GP and my opponent **** 6 million with SLKR and JMLS earlier on I got an opponent with 3 million GP. What am I supposed to do and will it end?
    Fight a battle to score 10 pts and hope they don't play, as they don't play at least half the time or they would be higher in the ladder.
  • Options
    I have someone at the moment who is 5mil power over me in carbonite 1? How does that make sense?
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Options
    I'm agree, matchmaking is awful, yet another detail to make this game overall awfull. I have one legend, all my rivals 4 or more and 2m more power. In my opinion they do this to dispair the player and force them to buy, I understand why they only have 4,2 in playstore
  • Options
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    I have someone at the moment who is 5mil power over me in carbonite 1? How does that make sense?

    And the worst of all: they do attack. If they'd be afk I wouldn't give a single flying f, but my buddy in Carbonite with his 2m GP account is figthing against 6-7m accounts and they are attacking and full clearing him. This is a total mess.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Barney94 wrote: »
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    I have someone at the moment who is 5mil power over me in carbonite 1? How does that make sense?

    And the worst of all: they do attack. If they'd be afk I wouldn't give a single flying f, but my buddy in Carbonite with his 2m GP account is figthing against 6-7m accounts and they are attacking and full clearing him. This is a total mess.

    None of the folks that faced them when they were afk and won posted did they?..... You guys only post when you lose...
  • Ryche
    152 posts Member
    Options
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    I have someone at the moment who is 5mil power over me in carbonite 1? How does that make sense?
    either they are horrendous, or you are good.

    GAC looks at your rating, not your GP.

  • Options
    Ryche wrote: »
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    I have someone at the moment who is 5mil power over me in carbonite 1? How does that make sense?
    either they are horrendous, or you are good.

    GAC looks at your rating, not your GP.

    It should take both into account
  • Options
    It should take both into account

    It should not, otherwise it incentivizes people to tank their GP to get easier opponents. Which hurts guilds in TB and TW and otherwise encourages unfun gameplay practices.
  • Options
    I remember old GAC, I had so many lvl 1 characters and ships, I didn't star anything or unlock anything untill I had 330 shards to keep my gp down, meanwhile TB demanded high GP, **** a lot. Now I can unlock everything when I can, level it to 85 and gear slowly over time and support my guild while not screwing myself over.

    The matchmaking sucks sometimes though, I also had the 4 mill gp advantages for a long while, but still pulled a few home and stayed in mid Kyber ever since.
  • Options
    MM sucks sometimes? 3rd GAC with nothing but 5x GP disadvantage minimum. The most balanced round i had was 1m vs 5.1m...
  • Options
    Stoman4o wrote: »
    MM sucks sometimes? 3rd GAC with nothing but 5x GP disadvantage minimum. The most balanced round i had was 1m vs 5.1m...

    Would you care to share your allycode so we can all see the extent of the issue you're facing?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Barney94 wrote: »
    The matchmaking is absolutely horrible. I am in Chromium I right now. Last round 2 out of the 3 opponents of mine were 8.4m GP, I have 4.1m.
    Now, the new one starts and my first opponent is 8.5m. The worst part of it is it doesn't matter you are in Carbon, Bronz or whatever, I get 2-4x bigger opponents every time for the past couple of months now. Extremely annoying...

    Same problem, Carbonite 3 and I have a 4million GP and 4 GL difference between me and my opponent…
  • Options
    I just hit 85 on my other account I play. I have roughly 900k in GP. My current match-up has me going against a 5.5 million GP opponent. All of my opponents were 3 million+ in my bracket.

    How is this even fun for anyone hitting level 85? You have no chance at winning unless the opponent doesn't show up.

    Please fix this....
  • Options
    they need a way for inactive players to maintain their ranking or get matched to other inactive players. in K1 the matchmaking mostly makes sense, inactive players fall down out of it, but the lower levels sound terrible
  • Options
    Stoman4o wrote: »
    MM sucks sometimes? 3rd GAC with nothing but 5x GP disadvantage minimum. The most balanced round i had was 1m vs 5.1m...

    Would you care to share your allycode so we can all see the extent of the issue you're facing?

    Sure. https://swgoh.gg/p/766753167/ .
    Jsting wrote: »
    I just hit 85 on my other account I play. I have roughly 900k in GP. My current match-up has me going against a 5.5 million GP opponent. All of my opponents were 3 million+ in my bracket.

    How is this even fun for anyone hitting level 85? You have no chance at winning unless the opponent doesn't show up.

    Please fix this....

    its not fun... low level GAC is a coin toss - whether the "3+ times your GP guy" is going to play or not and most of the times (from experience) its a L.
    As for the fixing part... CG will never fix it... they do pretty much nothing to improve the game for free, why bother with something that is not profitable
  • Jons
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    GA has the worst system for matchmaking ever. How tf am I supposed to beat a guy with 5 galactic legends while I have 1? The GP difference wouldn't matter as much if it wasn't due to legends being unbeatable by most non GL teams. Yes some can take them down but on average GL will win Vs most squads.

    Why should I even bother playing this crap?
    Post edited by Jons on
  • Options
    I don't think the matchmaking system is changeable if there are too many whales at lower levels. Instead, players should have encouraged to compete in groups that fit to their roster.

    The easiest way to do this is to modify the rewards. I would decrease the amount of crystal for winnings and increase the amount for daily the ga position. This way it would be worth more to get as high as possible, and there would be less whales and lazy players in the lower categories ruining the fun for smaller players.

Sign In or Register to comment.