General Grievous will be viable ?

SidiousIsPikachu
771 posts Member
edited April 2016
1. a bit of anti-jedi toon: healing immune and turn meter reduce on jedis - therefore can be viable vs jedi teams
2. good as part of droid team - huge bonus hp and 100% turn meter gain on ig86/88 is GREAT.
3. with new meta maybe emphasize crits, his leader ability will be great. -20% crit damge can be crucial if the new meta will introduce us crit teams.
4. basic attack can't be evaded or countered - TAKE THAT DOOKU.

so you think that perhaps we will see the general viable in this game finally ? *SUPPOSE* to be good vs jedis, crit based team, counter teams that perhaps show up more ?
or will still be unplayable ?

General Grievous will be viable ? 45 votes

Yes, finally general grievous on SW:GoH.
22%
bleeaauuhSticare_Courts_0073nysiCyclopsMegadeth3700LaLiamJaquizz1616TimitockLordxOpressBjpac04 10 votes
No, he won't be good for the new meta either
26%
Rogan_Ban84kozakjanosDarthNicoSmithieinfectiouszombieLordRathDekayingsoulDooku_for_daysPikotDani_PvPJGLionl0ynis 12 votes
Too Soon to tell
51%
HyperalloyUshoPolariceAzraelrulezDiraanNikoms565DeimosxSkandarGraunxCookieCrisppgiggsyMo_lizaMazurkaSpaceCowboyLMYYYKSlastiiWaz675DarthMegaBexZanhaepTheDukeofDukes22HutteseO 23 votes
other :
0%

Replies

• Diraan
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Too Soon to tell
    It all depends on whether droids become viable again. He is heavily dependent on having most of the remaining squad slots filled by droids and, at this point, it is too early to tell whether that will be any good.

Edit: SwiftKey thinks droids should be druids... Bear form!
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Too Soon to tell
    2. good as part of droid team - huge bonus hp and 100% turn meter gain on ig86/88 is GREAT.
    From what I understand.
    "Force a random ally to taunt for 1 turn if no ally is currently taunting for him. if he does (any ally who is already taunting), that ally also gains 100% turn meter."
    So if he for apply taunt on 86/88, they will only taunt but not the 100% TM (because they don't taunt). Then they will probably die very soon because they are fragile and on taunt.
    3. with new meta maybe emphasize crits, his leader ability will be great. -20% crit damge can be crucial if the new meta will introduce us crit teams.
    Not sure what you actually mean "introduces crit teams". All I know is it will be useless against FO team because advantage guarantees critical hits, crit chance is thus irrelevant.
    Not being countered is one thing, but attacking Dooku is another. You should take into consideration that GG is a pathetically slow toon, 40% slower than Dooku. Plus his AOE will still be countered by Dooku.
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    From what I understand.
    "Force a random ally to taunt for 1 turn if no ally is currently taunting for him. if he does (any ally who is already taunting), that ally also gains 100% turn meter."
    So if he for apply taunt on 86/88, they will only taunt but not the 100% TM (because they don't taunt). Then they will probably die very soon because they are fragile and on taunt.
    Not sure what you actually mean "introduces crit teams". All I know is it will be useless against FO team because advantage guarantees critical hits, crit chance is thus irrelevant.
    Not being countered is one thing, but attacking Dooku is another. You should take into consideration that GG is a pathetically slow toon, 40% slower than Dooku. Plus his AOE will still be countered by Dooku.

2) this means another turn, for the very short term its great. for the long short term maybe not so much.
    3) -20% crit damage is still great vs advantage teams, and its especially good vs AoE crits. and -17.5% chance i dont knnow if it will be 100-17.5 or it will just be 100 no matter what, but still. Anyway, resistance team ? RP, RT, Rey will be much weaker, its a counter for Sid' lead as in team, or boba lead. not only FO :)
    4) guarantee hit on dooku with no consequences can be crucial sometimes, making him ready to die. cause we all know if he counter/evade it can be game changer, and this is important skill.

but you right basically yes, and what i talk about is speculation, he can still be very slow or weak, and droid team maybe not be great option in the new meta, but the poll is about also checking out people tactics and ideas regards GG, to check out what they think he will be and why, learning from their knowledge and startegy.
  • Too Soon to tell
    Right now he is working well for me: I have him with hk leader, poggle, magnaguard, and 5's. I am hoping he will be better with the update and maybe I can replace 5's with ig-88 (right now he dies before he gets a turn) for the 10% health increase to grievous.
    It's too bad the hardest one to get, next to Vader, isn't one of the best toons to have.
  • Too Soon to tell
    Honestly, what grievous really needs is the super battle droid to be released and a droid thy does what poggle does, then he would be a great toon to have.
  • Too Soon to tell
    Do not forget the siniester laugh, if tanks do get viable or even the meta, reducing their max HP would really hurt.
  • I hope not. I don't want a reason to attempt that absurd grind.
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I hope not. I don't want a reason to attempt that absurd grind.
    you dont have to you know...
    Do not forget the siniester laugh, if tanks do get viable or even the meta, reducing their max HP would really hurt.

i actually dont think i have ever saw Health down, or i dont know that something i saw is this... therefore didnt include it in reasons why GG perhaps might be good.
    what does it do lol :)
  • Too Soon to tell
    The turn Meter reduction is nice and the health down may work great if you start seeing tanks or teams led by healers.
  • Too Soon to tell
    The turn Meter reduction is nice and the health down may work great if you start seeing tanks or teams led by healers.