Response to Raid Economy Update

Replies

• Dawnsinger wrote: »
    The one guy who collected data for 70+ days of consistent top 10 finishes in HSTR keeps saying his rewards are almost equal at 90m.

How are you arriving at the conclusion that you need to hit 130m before it’s equal for an entire guild that got considerably worse rewards than he did? I keep seeing that claim, but not what backs it up. While rewards not being equal for guilds until they hit 130m was true for the first week of the raid, they improved it substantially a week later.
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    90MikeG wrote: »
    No it’s not lol. We lost out on a lot of rewards. Zip up CG’s pants when you’re done. The changes are not fine. You have no idea how much this affects everyone if you think like that. No need to shill for a multi billion $ company
    TVF wrote: »
    The mk1 amount, by the actual numbers, is fine for most players. And you can just buy credits.

I agree we need some GET for kyro, since it's horribly overpriced for mk2.

Can you show what you exactly lost? He has the exact figures of what we get now. Or yea, just go with hearsay you parrot from others.

A guild would have to hit 130million box to get what a smaller guild who clears CPit and all other raids….if you were competitive in those raids. The 90 million box doesn’t quite get you there. My guess this change affects way more people than just leaving the old raids as is. Plus, this deviates from new raid content delivering additive rewards. The ability to accept less so you can pick gear has less value once you start running out of garbage gear. Also, as a side note…after doing this a few weeks the raid is so darn boring. I am in a 463 million guild and participation is spotty.

Is there a box between 90 and 130 boxes that I don’t know about. Less is less right? First raid without additive rewards…
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    The one guy who collected data for 70+ days of consistent top 10 finishes in HSTR keeps saying his rewards are almost equal at 90m.

How are you arriving at the conclusion that you need to hit 130m before it’s equal for an entire guild that got considerably worse rewards than he did? I keep seeing that claim, but not what backs it up. While rewards not being equal for guilds until they hit 130m was true for the first week of the raid, they improved it substantially a week later.
    No it’s not lol. We lost out on a lot of rewards. Zip up CG’s pants when you’re done. The changes are not fine. You have no idea how much this affects everyone if you think like that. No need to shill for a multi billion $ company
    The mk1 amount, by the actual numbers, is fine for most players. And you can just buy credits.

Can you show what you exactly lost? He has the exact figures of what we get now. Or yea, just go with hearsay you parrot from others.

A guild would have to hit 130million box to get what a smaller guild who clears CPit and all other raids….if you were competitive in those raids. The 90 million box doesn’t quite get you there. My guess this change affects way more people than just leaving the old raids as is. Plus, this deviates from new raid content delivering additive rewards. The ability to accept less so you can pick gear has less value once you start running out of garbage gear. Also, as a side note…after doing this a few weeks the raid is so darn boring. I am in a 463 million guild and participation is spotty.

Is there a box between 90 and 130 boxes that I don’t know about. Less is less right? First raid without additive rewards…

If you weren't doing cpit and getting top 10 hstr every raid then it's not less.

If you were, like me, it's still not less on mk1. It's less on mk2, but the fact that I can actually buy furnaces directly instead of hoping they drop from hstr makes it an acceptable tradeoff.

The "additive rewards" thing is irrelevant, since all that matters is what you end up with after 3 days, but ftr your personal rewards are actually additive, so it's not the first raid without additive rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

If you weren't doing cpit and getting top 10 hstr every raid then it's not less.

If you were, like me, it's still not less on mk1. It's less on mk2, but the fact that I can actually buy furnaces directly instead of hoping they drop from hstr makes it an acceptable tradeoff.

The "additive rewards" thing is irrelevant, since all that matters is what you end up with after 3 days, but ftr your personal rewards are actually additive, so it's not the first raid without additive rewards.

The nerfed personal rewards?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

They moved some to guild rewards, and made it easier for everyone to get them, but sure if you want to look at it that way. You still are incorrect that this is the first raid without additive rewards.

And none of that matters in the slightest.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Were they really nerfed though? They were moved to guild track. I'm all for personal/guild balance moved back to where it was on release. I don't think it allows "being in it for your guild" or improves a guild meshing better together. It does the reverse.
  • Fieldgulls
    419 posts Member
    edited May 2023

Were they really nerfed though? They were moved to guild track. I'm all for personal/guild balance moved back to where it was on release. I don't think it allows "being in it for your guild" or improves a guild meshing better together. It does the reverse.
    They move the personal to the guild rewards when they screwed up the reward thresholds. Which in totality is lower…
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    they screwed up the reward thresholds.

In what way? They made them all easier to obtain and everyone gets more rewards now.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

They move the personal to the guild rewards when they screwed up the reward thresholds. Which in totality is lower…

You keep saying this.... Do you have numbers to back it up?... The people you keep arguing with in this thread do and they have posted them and those have been heavily scrutinized and hold up to that scrutiny...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Maybe you were getting the 12m personal box before. For everyone else it doesn't look so...at all.
  • They’re not lower in totality, not even remotely. And they’re significantly more than you were getting the previous week at whatever box your guild is currently getting. Even if you were getting the 12m box on the personal track, your rewards now are far better than they were at release.

A guild getting to the 25m box this week is getting about as much as a guild getting 130m when the raid released. That’s about the same as what guilds as a whole were getting from the old system. And a guild getting 130m this week is getting as much as guild getting 265m at release which is far better than the old raid system. The rewards are far better today than they were at release, and it’s bizzare that people seem convinced all they did was move personal rewards into guild rewards. Simple addition shows that’s not remotely true for Mk3.

• Dawnsinger wrote: »
    They’re not lower in totality, not even remotely. And they’re significantly more than you were getting the previous week at whatever box your guild is currently getting. Even if you were getting the 12m box on the personal track, your rewards now are far better than they were at release.

A guild getting to the 25m box this week is getting about as much as a guild getting 130m when the raid released. That’s about the same as what guilds as a whole were getting from the old system. And a guild getting 130m this week is getting as much as guild getting 265m at release which is far better than the old raid system. The rewards are far better today than they were at release, and it’s bizzare that people seem convinced all they did was move personal rewards into guild rewards. Simple addition shows that’s not remotely true for Mk3.

That is my point….thank you. They had to fix them after release (shocking) on the expense of the personal track…just because most boxes were unattainable to get close to break even. In reality I am no better off as much of my guild. Again no additive value…thus less participation
  • In reality you are much better off than you were before, and so is this rest of your guild. Before if you did well on the personal track they were paying $5 to the whole guild, and $10 extra bucks to the high performers. Now but no one wanted to work for that. Now they’re paying $15 to the whole guild and $5 extra bucks to the whole guild. Everyone is major more money than they were before even if your performance bonus is smaller.
    They’re not lower in totality, not even remotely. And they’re significantly more than you were getting the previous week at whatever box your guild is currently getting. Even if you were getting the 12m box on the personal track, your rewards now are far better than they were at release.

That is my point….thank you. They had to fix them after release (shocking) on the expense of the personal track…just because most boxes were unattainable to get close to break even. In reality I am no better off as much of my guild. Again no additive value…thus less participation

• DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    My bottlenecks after raid update:
    MK4 Zaltin gel, MK 10 Holo lens right now my bottleneck in G12+ gearing.
    MK5 CEC, MK7 Nubian Scanners, MK7 Shield Generators is bottleneck for G7-G12 gearing.
    MK9 Biotech Implants close to became part of bottleneck.
    MK6 Detonators and MK6 Nub Desing Tech is empty but right now not needed.
    Carbs I bought only twice for this month(125) and I’m fine with them, Stun Guns & MK5 Detonators is much more needed.
    Stun Cuffs usually was straggled by MK4 Chedack bottleneck but now Chedack waits for Stun Cuffs.
    Credits is bottleneck for everything and I was forced to sell gray and green mods without opening all secondaries to increase credit income.

I’m extremely needed MK1 to handle gearing. Much more then MK2 because MK2 gear wasn’t my only raid income and is obtainable trough a lot of sources.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    DeusArt wrote: »
    MK5 CEC, MK7 Nubian Scanners, MK7 Shield Generators is bottleneck for G7-G12 gearing.
    Carbs I bought only twice for this month(125) and I’m fine with them, Stun Guns & MK5 Detonators is much more needed.
    Stun Cuffs usually was straggled by MK4 Chedack bottleneck but now Chedack waits for Stun Cuffs.
    Credits is bottleneck for everything and I was forced to sell gray and green mods without opening all secondaries to increase credit income.

I’m extremely needed MK1 to handle gearing. Much more then MK2 because MK2 gear wasn’t my only raid income and is obtainable trough a lot of sources.

Most of that stuff you mentioned you can buy with MK1 tokens (scroll way down in the store) I think I have stocked up to 1k+ on all of those
    Mk4 comlink and mk10 holo is probably the best addition for MK1 tokens
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Most of that stuff you mentioned you can buy with MK1 tokens (scroll way down in the store) I think I have stocked up to 1k+ on all of those
    Mk4 comlink and mk10 holo is probably the best addition for MK1 tokens

I think he means "gimme more".
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    As I said:
    I think I have stocked up to 1k+ on all of those
    Those who hoarded this gear with years of previous raids didn’t feel value of gear that now is not accessible as it was before.

And @MaruMaru Just to avoid jokes about “gimme more" I would agree to remove 500MK2 from rewards in exchange for credits.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Wait, why would I want to have mk2 removed for credits?

I can just buy the 5.5m per week I used to get very easily with mk1 and not cost myself g12+ gear in the process.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    As I said:
    I think I have stocked up to 1k+ on all of those
    Those who hoarded this gear with years of previous raids didn’t feel value of gear that now is not accessible as it was before.

And @MaruMaru Just to avoid jokes about “gimme more" I would agree to remove 500MK2 from rewards in exchange for credits.

Feel? It is not about feelings you know. Anyone with the capability can see the undergoing math. In my case, it's not about hoarding either as I don't even need those hoards having recently completed "all in g12".

In the current accumulation rate of all gear upto g12+, people will be surprised how soon it will shift away from being the main concern. It is perfectly normal it takes a little bit of time to reach g12 to use up your g12+s. At the end of the day, that is the real bottleneck as of right now for anyone who still has tons to take to relics.
  • If the point was to improve the economy, having to use currency to buy credits instead of gear does not make sense.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Just to be clear though, I'm for credits to be aplenty as it shouldn't be the main concern anymore. There are so many layers one will get stuck at even if credits were never short anyways.
  • Lot more if you want now that they’ve added extra credit nodes. I like not having to make sure to check every refresh now. I may even need to start farming mods now.

I can just buy the 5.5m per week I used to get very easily with mk1 and not cost myself g12+ gear in the process.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Lot more if you want now that they’ve added extra credit nodes. I like not having to make sure to check every refresh now. I may even need to start farming mods now.

Maybe I had good RNG but I was already hitting the 5.5m each week before the week was over, with the single slot. Probably 5 days in.
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member

Acording to this:
    The gear I listed is what actually dropped, which as I stated was tracked for 72 days. I listed the exact gear I counted for mk1. Anything that the raids dropped that wasn't included in that list, but can be used for CCB or BW, I counted separately and included as mk2.

CCB (mk3 bacta): 68.3 per week

BW (mk4 holo, mk5 med, mk6 furn, mk6 det, mk5 furn, mk6 nub tech, mk6 syringe): 472 per week

Anything else was ignored.
    I would like to see this 540 gear pieces drop that you not included in final MK1 amount to be converted in credits as Mk1 equivalent, not in MK2. At the end all characters will be R9 or more but mods are endless.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Also there is no reason to artificially bottleneck accumulation merely due to shop slots. Current big gear bundles in the shop was a great convenience/qol upgrade that doesn't effect rewards. If this is the easiest solution I see no reason for cg to avoid it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    At the end all characters will be R9 or more

Hard disagree
  • Robre
    35 posts Member
    The raid needs more MK1 rewards. I'm running out of everything that was never an issue before.
  • Robre wrote: »
    The raid needs more MK1 rewards. I'm running out of everything that was never an issue before.

Agreed.

I'm actually doing quite well for some M1 items.
    Lets see, Holo-3, Comlink-4, ShieldGen-7, Carb-3, Stungun-5.

But some other stuff is showing signs of missing out on regular influxes.
    Detonator-6's (Used to have many fully crafted, now all gone & having to buy them)
    Credits & Shard Shop Currency are both way down from start of KD raids.

Also, Mk2 tokens for G12 "Crap Items" for Relics 6's is running dry.

The G12 really worries me because I used to focus on critical right side pieces but soon I'll be farming for every type of G12 item.

When I compare 180K tickets (2 KD v/s 3 Pit + 2 Tank + 1.5 Sith + 1 C-Pit) of old raids v/s new raids, it seems like I'm getting way less total gear.
  • Robre
    35 posts Member
    Robre wrote: »

Agreed.

I'm actually doing quite well for some M1 items.
    Lets see, Holo-3, Comlink-4, ShieldGen-7, Carb-3, Stungun-5.

But some other stuff is showing signs of missing out on regular influxes.
    Detonator-6's (Used to have many fully crafted, now all gone & having to buy them)
    Credits & Shard Shop Currency are both way down from start of KD raids.

Also, Mk2 tokens for G12 "Crap Items" for Relics 6's is running dry.

The G12 really worries me because I used to focus on critical right side pieces but soon I'll be farming for every type of G12 item.

When I compare 180K tickets (2 KD v/s 3 Pit + 2 Tank + 1.5 Sith + 1 C-Pit) of old raids v/s new raids, it seems like I'm getting way less total gear.

This is exactly what I'm noticing as well. I'm very concerned with what this impact will be and nobody is really saying anything anymore so nothing will change.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    i ran actual numbers with real data though

it's fine now that they frontloaded the rewards, so there's no real reason to say anything further