Response to Raid Economy Update

Replies

• Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    HK47 wrote: »
    I think if they added the lost currencies back to the game, it would be another big step. Did they change the awful mk1,2,3 ui?? they all look the same and are the worst shade of yellow lol the old guild activity tokens looked sooooo much better. theyve made other ui updates that were fine, but this one is just hilariously bad

Update not applied yet. We shall see
  • So, are you going to fix the exchange rate for those lower tier relic mats like Circuit boards and Bronzium wires? Because that's the funniest joke I've heard in a long time. Might as well not include them if you are going to charge that much. Pretty similar sentiment for kyrotech to be honest, and you could get fully crafted kyrotechs from the CPit, which now it's overly expensive to buy them with your mk 2 currency.
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they tweaked the raid currency down just a touch and put credits in there instead

Well, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings either, but, it’s not something that I wouldn’t advocate at this stage.
    Post edited by Badger_Diaz on
  • Seems like the biggest disagreement over whether these rewards are what CG promised or not is if you think everyone should be getting top 10 rewards now so that no individual player is getting less gear than they were used to getting , or if they promised that guilds would get the same amount of gear they previously got, and it’s just been flattened over all 50 players. Is that the primary cause of all the different conclusions?
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    I don’t even know anymore
  • HK47 wrote: »
    It really feels like CG couldn't handle the fact their game was becoming fun to play after several quality of life updates. All three of the previous raids, which could be run simultaneously, gave a much more diverse rewards that even included completed g10-12 gear pieces on occasion. Being able to select your rewards is nice, but not when the cost is losing GET1, GET2 (RIP JKL, GAS, Malak, etc) GAT, and more. These currencies at the very least need to be added back, even if added to other events.

I've spent a lot of money on this game (game name Mr. Quacky), but I will not be spending anymore. Everyone I've talked to has a bad taste in their mouth from this raid update. Knowing that the game economy could change and negatively affect how many months my longer grinds take highly discourages me from investing more in this game ive played daily for years. I've already felt the effects, our guild has only received 2 raid rewards since the 4th, and both rewards had little impact. Normally we would have run at least 4-5 in that time....

If you are relying on GET1/2 to get JKL reqs, GAS, Malak...you are doing it wrong. You get most through TBs....raids are just a small supplement. The hurt on GET2 is less for buying kyrotechs, but with these changes it just shifts to where we need to buy them from since now more gear is accessible for Mk1 and Mk2 tokens.
  • Dawnsinger wrote: »
    Seems like the biggest disagreement over whether these rewards are what CG promised or not is if you think everyone should be getting top 10 rewards now so that no individual player is getting less gear than they were used to getting , or if they promised that guilds would get the same amount of gear they previously got, and it’s just been flattened over all 50 players. Is that the primary cause of all the different conclusions?

Mostly yes. The most vocal part of the community are the active ones, so likely the ones always getting Top 10 rewards from raids. That is the top 20% of guild members, we need to consider the rest.

This is very similar to the outcry over the crystal change from Squad Arena to GAC. The people (even with newer accounts) getting Top 5 every day (300-500 crystals) saw a big drop with the change, but the overwhelming majority of players (especially long time casual players) saw a big increase, not to mention QoL improvements for everyone.
    Seems like the biggest disagreement over whether these rewards are what CG promised or not is if you think everyone should be getting top 10 rewards now so that no individual player is getting less gear than they were used to getting , or if they promised that guilds would get the same amount of gear they previously got, and it’s just been flattened over all 50 players. Is that the primary cause of all the different conclusions?

It’s not a bad suggestion. I imagine most people who post here are probably very active in game too. Ergo, they are probably ones who take part in and do well in their guilds in raids. Those who get the highest rewards in HSTR are probably the ones who suffer most as CPit rewards were always… erratic.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Badger_Diaz
    230 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    HK47 wrote: »
    It really feels like CG couldn't handle the fact their game was becoming fun to play after several quality of life updates. All three of the previous raids, which could be run simultaneously, gave a much more diverse rewards that even included completed g10-12 gear pieces on occasion. Being able to select your rewards is nice, but not when the cost is losing GET1, GET2 (RIP JKL, GAS, Malak, etc) GAT, and more. These currencies at the very least need to be added back, even if added to other events.

I've spent a lot of money on this game (game name Mr. Quacky), but I will not be spending anymore. Everyone I've talked to has a bad taste in their mouth from this raid update. Knowing that the game economy could change and negatively affect how many months my longer grinds take highly discourages me from investing more in this game ive played daily for years. I've already felt the effects, our guild has only received 2 raid rewards since the 4th, and both rewards had little impact. Normally we would have run at least 4-5 in that time....

Yeah, I enjoyed playing all the raids, it got me engaged in the game (which I thought was the point of a game).

Going from 4-5 raids a week in my guild to barely even 2 is a massively blow imo.

I’m not actually that bothered about the rewards tbh, I’ll figured it out by saving crystals for gear I need or whatever ( i was doing that anyway) I just want to play the different game modes, the diversity “was” engaging and I think it’s somewhat lost with the current changes.

TB and TW are keeping me hanging onto this game by my fingertips.

Like I say the 1 raid at a time thing is such a big issue for me, simply cos I’m not getting the game time that I was.
    In all reality I could be playing 2-3 raids right now instead of sitting here for the last week complaining that I can’t because I haven’t played 1 in over 3 days.

Anyway, I do come in peace, I’m trying to be as constructive as I can with my criticism, ITW just so frustrating when no one seems to get what I’m trying to say, either that or evidently don’t care.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    They commented on the visuals of the mk1,3,3
    But, no, nothing was done

EDIT

Nevermind, they said they were going to reorganize to make it easier to find. Not about the look of the tokens.
    Post edited by crzydroid on

Mostly yes. The most vocal part of the community are the active ones, so likely the ones always getting Top 10 rewards from raids. That is the top 20% of guild members, we need to consider the rest.

This is very similar to the outcry over the crystal change from Squad Arena to GAC. The people (even with newer accounts) getting Top 5 every day (300-500 crystals) saw a big drop with the change, but the overwhelming majority of players (especially long time casual players) saw a big increase, not to mention QoL improvements for everyone.

Well there is also some of us that dig into the assumptions made by widely available conversions. The one I think you and I know @herd_nerfer and @TVF referenced converted the kyros you were getting to crystals and then converted to mk 2 tokens so that kyros had a value of 100 mk 2 tokens. Mathematically this is fair and just assumes you’ll be willing to spend crystals on kyros but it changes the kyros in game value from 400 to 100. So if you’re not willing to spend crystals on kyros and just willing to spend your mark 2s this one manipulation of the rewards represents all if not more than the gain you are assuming occurs for sub top 10 hstr players.
  • Dawnsinger
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    This is a fair point. Making Kyros essentially unpurchasable makes direct comparisons tricky.

I get they didn’t want to blow up their Kyro bottleneck by pricing them reasonably with raid currency, but one additional adjustment I’d love to see them make is to put a limited amount of Kyros in the weekly shipments for some amount of Mk2 or Mk3 that’s equivalent to the pricing for G12+ gear. That’d let us keep the utility we were getting from GET 2 without completely blowing up their Kyro bottleneck.
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Dawnsinger wrote: »

Well there is also some of us that dig into the assumptions made by widely available conversions. The one I think you and I know @herd_nerfer and @TVF referenced converted the kyros you were getting to crystals and then converted to mk 2 tokens so that kyros had a value of 100 mk 2 tokens. Mathematically this is fair and just assumes you’ll be willing to spend crystals on kyros but it changes the kyros in game value from 400 to 100. So if you’re not willing to spend crystals on kyros and just willing to spend your mark 2s this one manipulation of the rewards represents all if not more than the gain you are assuming occurs for sub top 10 hstr players.

• Assumption 2 is what I’m referencing.

sn99p36idxru.png
  • Newer player here. Largely unaffected by today’s change, but wanted to make note of my experience.

The best guild I can get into earns, on a good day, about 15k tickets. Realistically, we are able to run HSTR once every six days.

I’m not sure how the single pool of tickets affects frequency or overall gains, but it certainly feels like there is “less to do” this week than there was before the change, and it was nice to get a little drip of useful gear here and there. And when we were running the Pit or AAT, at least I was able to contribute :)

I suspect I need to “downgrade”; move to a guild that isn’t doing HSTR and instead focusing on running lower-cost options more frequently if I want to enjoy the raid experience. On the flip side, the reward structure is such that it’s actually better for me to do HSTR once a week than to do 3 lower-tier raids over the same time period. That may be intended, but it’s a bit of a Sophie’s choice for someone who enjoys the gameplay and progression parts of the game equally.

I’m very excited for the forthcoming change to make character shards available for Mk.1 currency (if I’m reading it correctly)! For my first place activity efforts, I can typically yield 100-150 guild tokens a day, which would mean I’m looking at 9 months for Dengar (assuming some income from TW and the like). Having Dengar and the like available with raid currency would be a HUGE help.
  • There still god aweful.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    There is no more need to voice concerns.

They have spoken

We continue to play, or move on
  • Protocol_j wrote: »
    Newer player here. Largely unaffected by today’s change, but wanted to make note of my experience.

The best guild I can get into earns, on a good day, about 15k tickets. Realistically, we are able to run HSTR once every six days.

I’m not sure how the single pool of tickets affects frequency or overall gains, but it certainly feels like there is “less to do” this week than there was before the change, and it was nice to get a little drip of useful gear here and there. And when we were running the Pit or AAT, at least I was able to contribute :)

I suspect I need to “downgrade”; move to a guild that isn’t doing HSTR and instead focusing on running lower-cost options more frequently if I want to enjoy the raid experience. On the flip side, the reward structure is such that it’s actually better for me to do HSTR once a week than to do 3 lower-tier raids over the same time period. That may be intended, but it’s a bit of a Sophie’s choice for someone who enjoys the gameplay and progression parts of the game equally.

I’m very excited for the forthcoming change to make character shards available for Mk.1 currency (if I’m reading it correctly)! For my first place activity efforts, I can typically yield 100-150 guild tokens a day, which would mean I’m looking at 9 months for Dengar (assuming some income from TW and the like). Having Dengar and the like available with raid currency would be a HUGE help.

I don’t understand, why can’t you find a guild that’s earning (nearly) the 30k raid tickets a day. That’s just about the activity of players, not GP etc.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • I hope the devs learn something from this episode...

That they should never say anything about what the results of a new release will be. :sunglasses:
  • Protocol_j
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    I don’t understand, why can’t you find a guild that’s earning (nearly) the 30k raid tickets a day. That’s just about the activity of players, not GP etc.

Right—it’s solely the difference between casual and active, managed guilds; however, low GP is a gating issue for entry to guilds that are actively managed and enforce daily ticket expectation.

If there are guilds that welcome players with 1M GP that max tickets & min/max energy toward guild activities… Sign me up. But I’ve yet to successfully find my way into one.

• Sloth243 wrote: »
    There is no more need to voice concerns.

They have spoken

We continue to play, or move on

If this is the final decision on raid economy changes, then after I finish my current farm, I'll be moving on. I'm not going to go backwards in progress. It's absurd that a game developer would do this to their players.

If the rest of you want to accept it, be well and enjoy your time.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Why would you finish a farm if you're just going to quit once you're done.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Right—it’s solely the difference between casual and active, managed guilds; however, low GP is a gating issue for entry to guilds that are actively managed and enforce daily ticket expectation.

If there are guilds that welcome players with 1M GP that max tickets & min/max energy toward guild activities… Sign me up. But I’ve yet to successfully find my way into one.

@Protocol_j
    It's not always easy, but you should be able to find one. If you're around 1m GP you should be able to find an active guild, it might take a few attempts but there should be a guild to match your needs. I'd keep looking if I were you, as a casual guild inevitably means less participation in TW and TB too, so you're just losing out if you want to be more active.

My (un-solicited) advice would be to keep looking, the threads in Guild Recruitment (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/player-guilds) have adverts for some lower GP, but active, guilds. You could try a smaller guild in an alliance as they often have rules around activity. Additionally, to make yourself more attractive try and make sure you have Geos at the level needed for the GeoTB Wat mission. It might make the difference in being taken on by a larger guild, even if your overall roster is relatively small.

Hope you find somewhere more active soon! MTFBWY
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why would you finish a farm if you're just going to quit once you're done.

Satisfaction.
    Achievement.
    Progress.
    Personal accomplishment.
    Finishing what you started.

Take your pick, kid.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Dragoth wrote: »
    The new changes make 0 difference..

well that's not true
  • Good evening,

I don't come to the Forum to post often, but I understand this is a very serious matter.

The new RAID is awesome, I love the mechanichs, graphics looks beautiful, it is a fresh new content that is very welcome to the game. Congratulatios for the Devs on the nice work!

That beeing said, Rewards are horrible, the fast response for the first adjustments made were necessary, but it is very far from enough.

Concepts first: This is new content, it is is stupid that we need to play and earn many tiers of chests to reach Break Even - Break even should be the very first Chest and anything further need to help us develop our roaster

Details second:
    - Pretty much all comparisons chats assumes avg prizes for CPIT and HSTR, so players like myself that work hard to get Top3 for better rewards are now the most impacted, it makes no sense at all, please improve rewards substancially on the personal track to compensate the loss of G12, G12+ full gear peaces
    - Get 1 and Get 2 tokens need to be addressed, the other rewards don't make up to that.
    - Credits in Guild Rewards and Personal rewards, this is a big issue
    - The loss of shards for conversion also needs a solution;
    - The loss of Mod slicing mats weren't addressed, especially MK2 Pulse Modulator is now worst then awful

Final words: all changes seems to focus on the Aeromagnifiers and yes, they are important but the problem is way deeper than that, we will keep complaining until EVERYthing is adressed
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    SmashItUp wrote: »
    Good evening,

I don't come to the Forum to post often, but I understand this is a very serious matter.

The new RAID is awesome, I love the mechanichs, graphics looks beautiful, it is a fresh new content that is very welcome to the game. Congratulatios for the Devs on the nice work!

That beeing said, Rewards are horrible, the fast response for the first adjustments made were necessary, but it is very far from enough.

Concepts first: This is new content, it is is stupid that we need to play and earn many tiers of chests to reach Break Even - Break even should be the very first Chest and anything further need to help us develop our roaster

Details second:
    - Pretty much all comparisons chats assumes avg prizes for CPIT and HSTR, so players like myself that work hard to get Top3 for better rewards are now the most impacted, it makes no sense at all, please improve rewards substancially on the personal track to compensate the loss of G12, G12+ full gear peaces
    - Get 1 and Get 2 tokens need to be addressed, the other rewards don't make up to that.
    - The loss of Mod slicing mats weren't addressed, especially MK2 Pulse Modulator is now worst then awful

Final words: all changes seems to focus on the Aeromagnifiers and yes, they are important but the problem is way deeper than that, we will keep complaining until EVERYthing is adressed

I also got top hstr spots every raid. At 130m guild box I will break even.
  • Just have a quick question. Has any guild received the promised maxed raid tickets yet?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Just have a quick question. Has any guild received the promised maxed raid tickets yet?

Every guild did when the raids came back live last week...
  • SmashItUp wrote: »
    Good evening,

Details second:

Playing devil's advocate, because I too was someone who regularly worked hard to get a top 5 finish in HSTR, how would you have reacted if nothing had changed but CG had announced that HSTR would be on sim and CPit remained?

Simming HSTR had been requested by the player base for a long time and would have meant a similar reduction in many rewards for those who regularly top 5 HSTR, as sim rewards would likely have followed the lead of Pit and Tank in giving out 11-25 place rewards.
    Newer player here. Largely unaffected by today’s change, but wanted to make note of my experience.

1st thing you need to do is find an "Active" guild that can get 500+ tickets from everyone per day. Even if it is lower GP you will advance way faster. It won't be hard to do, as even some big guilds will take on players who can guarantee 600 tickets per day.

2nd, not sure how new your account is...but if you don't have Jedi Knight Revan (JKR) already, you should prioritize him as well as everyone in your guild. With everyone doing a JKR run on the Krayt raid, you can easily surpass the 17M milestone which will then reward you with more rewards than the old system, including CPIT.