Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Sloth243 wrote: »
    1m credits, randomly located in the shop, doesn’t do much when it takes 5m+ to upgrade 1-85

fwiw i have also seen 500k in addition to 1m

I got 5.5m per week with the old raids. Since I am diligent checking all the shops anyway, I've already bought my 5.5m for this week.

In lieu of gear

Not everyone can afford to do this

No, not in lieu of gear, because the amount of mk1 I am getting is roughly equivalent to the gear and credits I was getting previously.

It IS in lieu of gear, because you could have purchased gear with the currency you spent on credits. It’s an economic principle called “opportunity cost”.

So the cost isn’t just the currency you spent, but the gear you could have bought with it.

It's NOT in lieu of gear I was getting from the old raid system.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    1m credits, randomly located in the shop, doesn’t do much when it takes 5m+ to upgrade 1-85

I got 5.5m per week with the old raids. Since I am diligent checking all the shops anyway, I've already bought my 5.5m for this week.

In lieu of gear

No, not in lieu of gear, because the amount of mk1 I am getting is roughly equivalent to the gear and credits I was getting previously.

It IS in lieu of gear, because you could have purchased gear with the currency you spent on credits. It’s an economic principle called “opportunity cost”.

So the cost isn’t just the currency you spent, but the gear you could have bought with it.

Sure.

But the fact remains, the current cost is more than just the currency you spent. It includes the gear you chose not to purchase and instead spent on credits.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

In lieu of gear

Sure.

But the fact remains, the current cost is more than just the currency you spent. It includes the gear you chose not to purchase and instead spent on credits.

That doesn't make any sense.... The whole principle of SWGOH's "economy" relies on buying things you NEED to further your roster... Sometimes those things are gear pieces and sometimes those things are credits...

The idea is to purchase smartly and conserve / maintain your resources...
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

In lieu of gear

Sure.

That doesn't make any sense.... The whole principle of SWGOH's "economy" relies on buying things you NEED to further your roster... Sometimes those things are gear pieces and sometimes those things are credits...

Of course people only spend on what they need. That still doesn’t change the fundamentals of economics.

Opportunity cost includes this game, and extends far beyond it. Anytime someone buys something, an opportunity cost is associated with it. Feel free to Google the term for more info.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

In lieu of gear

Sure.

Huh? You need everything…what you don’t use you scrap for relic materials. Eventually you will have to purchase everything just to scrap. Sounds fun!!
  • Dawnsinger
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Calling CG giving you the choice between 1m credits and 35 stun guns “taking away credits” is this forum boiled down to its essence.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    Lord, no.

Fighting about the economic concept of opportunity cost isn't nearly as bad as some of what this forum has seen. I remember pre-Padmé when over and over again people were calling for "bare midriff Padmé" and then some people said, "Can we please not do that anymore? We've heard you and it's kind of grossing us out with the sexist flavour of what you're saying."

At which point CG stepped in to delete anyone asking for the bare-midriff comments to stop, but left up all the bare-midriff comments and allowed them to keep going.

And that's not even mentioning the anti-Carrie rage that lasted months, even though all she did was say a true thing when asked if she expected people to spend $4k a year on the game, and she pointed out that some people have done that in the past, and there's no reason to think the same people won't continue to do that in the future.

No, let them fight about ECON 224. It's how we roll here.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

In lieu of gear

Sure.

Of course people only spend on what they need. That still doesn’t change the fundamentals of economics.

Opportunity cost includes this game, and extends far beyond it. Anytime someone buys something, an opportunity cost is associated with it. Feel free to Google the term for more info.

I know what "opportunity cost" means.... It still doesn't negate the fact that you have to buy stuff to further your roster...

When my truck is running out of gas I go to the gas station and fill it up... Whether I like it or not my truck won't run without it... I don't lament the 10 jugs of washer fluid and 2 packs of skittles I could have bought with that money because I needed gas in my truck (although I do kind of like skittles)...

Everything comes with an opportunity cost, the alternative to buying what you need is keeping your store currency in SWGOH just like you can hoard money IRL, but that comes with an opportunity cost as well...
  • Dawnsinger
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    But in the old system they gave you 4 gallons of gas, a jug of washer fluid and 2 packs of Skittles. Sure you couldn’t drive on Fridays and had more washer fluid than you could ever use, but at least you had Skittles.

Now they just give you enough money to buy 6 gallons of gas. Where are my skittles CG, huh?

In lieu of gear

Sure.

I know what "opportunity cost" means.... It still doesn't negate the fact that you have to buy stuff to further your roster...

When my truck is running out of gas I go to the gas station and fill it up... Whether I like it or not my truck won't run without it... I don't lament the 10 jugs of washer fluid and 2 packs of skittles I could have bought with that money because I needed gas in my truck (although I do kind of like skittles)...

Everything comes with an opportunity cost, the alternative to buying what you need is keeping your store currency in SWGOH just like you can hoard money IRL, but that comes with an opportunity cost as well...

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    But in the old system they gave you 4 gallons of gas, a jug of washer fluid and 2 packs of Skittles. Sure you couldn’t drive on Fridays and had more washer fluid than you could ever use, but at least you had Skittles.

Now they just give you enough money to buy 6 gallons of gas. Where are my skittles CG, huh?

In lieu of gear

Sure.

OK, that's funny.... I don't care who you are!
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    No, it's not equal.
    Cost of credits, ship credits and tokens by formula (pit/55)*90+tank+(sith/110)*90+(cpit/150)*90 (rewards sith/cpit for 16-20 places) is equal ~ 4730. (GT-MK1 rate done by MK3 Carbanti GT=0.78MK1)
    That means that MK1 left for gear is ~3745 which is equal 101 MK4 Zaltin Bacta Gel or 170 MK3 Carbanti.
    Just one time Tank and Rancor sim could overlap this.
    And once again - addition 2M credits to rewards will make rewards balanced.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I question your math
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Lord, no.

Fighting about the economic concept of opportunity cost isn't nearly as bad as some of what this forum has seen. I remember pre-Padmé when over and over again people were calling for "bare midriff Padmé" and then some people said, "Can we please not do that anymore? We've heard you and it's kind of grossing us out with the sexist flavour of what you're saying."

At which point CG stepped in to delete anyone asking for the bare-midriff comments to stop, but left up all the bare-midriff comments and allowed them to keep going.

And that's not even mentioning the anti-Carrie rage that lasted months, even though all she did was say a true thing when asked if she expected people to spend $4k a year on the game, and she pointed out that some people have done that in the past, and there's no reason to think the same people won't continue to do that in the future.

Yeah, that post-carrie period was awful and now looking back, she was the most directly engaged community person we had. -We- ended up choosing empty platitudes they give now by burning community managers and making them into expected harmless party clowns now. But the economical model is still similar whether we agree on it or it's now not uttered publicly by the company.
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member

The best part is that isn't even what Carrie said. She was asked how much it would take for a brand new player to instantly catch up to the meta, and she guestimated it would be about $5k (obviously would be a lot more today). The whole "Carrie expects us to spend $5k a year!' drama was just people twisting her words to drum up outrage here and on Reddit.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »

The best part is that isn't even what Carrie said. She was asked how much it would take for a brand new player to instantly catch up to the meta, and she guestimated it would be about $5k (obviously would be a lot more today). The whole "Carrie expects us to spend $5k a year!' drama was just people twisting her words to drum up outrage here and on Reddit.

Carrie is gone... This is what remains.....
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »

Carrie is gone... This is what remains.....

#imisscarrie
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    I question your math
    Fill free to question. Formula for one raid rewards: (pit/55)*90+tank+(sith/110)*90+(cpit/150)*90
    1. Rate that was chosen:
    zcdkbp5ddktc.jpg
    MK1/GT rate for carbanti is chosen as average and mostly used in game.
    2. Calculations itself:
    c59w3u2ffgt7.jpg
    From my POV it looks clear. If you have questions - ask. I find a mistake - show where, I'll check - fix - recalculate results.

But still, 2M credits for one time raid will balance rewards(for new/mid game players).
  • beli631
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Best idea CG could do i to add something to personal rewards. For example i got to 4.25m box and now i need to invest again to get over 1mil dmg for next one - reward is 30 T3 tokens - really no incentive to do so. And yes i know every point goes to guild score too but when you hit a wall there too only thing you can do is to wait rest of guildies get more teams, and most guilds will target up to 130m box anyway.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    How is cutting personal rewards a benefit. Strong accounts in a low guild are not benefiting from this. It doesn’t affect me, because we are still better off doing Sith

But there isn’t much incentive to attack and do damage with this new setup.for personal rewards
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    beli631 wrote: »
    Best idea CG could do i to add something to personal rewards. For example i got to 4.25m box and now i need to invest again to get over 1mil dmg for next one - reward is 30 T3 tokens - really no incentive to do so. And yes i know every point goes to guild score too but when you hit a wall there too only thing you can do is to wait rest of guildies get more teams, and most guilds will target up to 130m box anyway.

I also think the initial personal track emphasized track was good in that way. The problem was just about the amount of things. Weirdly cg's emergency response was to significantly shift that.

The difference while seemingly checks out as a similar total bundle is different in dynamics. It's the difference between staying in a lower activity guild of my own pull vs. having to seriously consider jumping guilds. I mean cg can come out and say "our focus is now guild emphasis", but it came around so arbitrarily that it's hard to consider this as a main concern.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    In terms of momentary experience, that personal track was good too. In the first 2 raids I went right in to reap the first half of rewards which was certainly effecting how/how motivated I treat the launch of a run.

• Miketo28
    205 posts Member
    OP is correct. We got shafted huge with this new economy. When relics came in our vast amount of accumulated useless gear quite quickly dissipated. Now we spend crystals for the relic material or grind out green gear. Our credit stashes are going to dwindle.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Carrie would want us to keep the thread on-topic.
  • beli631
    31 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I also think the initial personal track emphasized track was good in that way. The problem was just about the amount of things. Weirdly cg's emergency response was to significantly shift that.

The difference while seemingly checks out as a similar total bundle is different in dynamics. It's the difference between staying in a lower activity guild of my own pull vs. having to seriously consider jumping guilds. I mean cg can come out and say "our focus is now guild emphasis", but it came around so arbitrarily that it's hard to consider this as a main concern.

Yea, such measures could result in jumping guilds (again) or piggybacking/leeching for rewards since personal score reward isnt really that important. This change just makes CG looks silly, they introduced personal score mechanic just to totally nerf it 3 days after i understand that this was emergency solution but i really hope it isnt permanent. Lets say you are in a guild that barely makes 130m box, whats the incentive to go after next box that needs more than 2x points which means huge investments which will become even bigger per person unless everyone chips in - which is unlikely for majority of guilds.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Yea, such measures could result in jumping guilds (again) or piggybacking/leeching for rewards since personal score reward isnt really that important. This change just makes CG looks silly, they introduced personal score mechanic just to totally nerf it 3 days after i understand that this was emergency solution but i really hope it isnt permanent. Lets say you are in a guild that barely makes 130m box, whats the incentive to go after next box that needs more than 2x points which means huge investments which will become even bigger per person unless everyone chips in - which is unlikely for majority of guilds.

The answer to your last question: None. People now started posting zeros. Until the guild roster progresses towards next box in a long time, there's not much incentive to push it further...or even play it seriously.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    DeusArt wrote: »
    I question your math
    Fill free to question. Formula for one raid rewards: (pit/55)*90+tank+(sith/110)*90+(cpit/150)*90
    1. Rate that was chosen:
    zcdkbp5ddktc.jpg
    MK1/GT rate for carbanti is chosen as average and mostly used in game.
    2. Calculations itself:
    c59w3u2ffgt7.jpg
    From my POV it looks clear. If you have questions - ask. I find a mistake - show where, I'll check - fix - recalculate results.

But still, 2M credits for one time raid will balance rewards(for new/mid game players).

1) You moved the goalposts making it about new and mid game players. I said it's equal on mk1 FOR ME and you responded that I'm wrong, and never qualified that you were talking about people that are newer.
    2) Where do you show that buying 170 carbs with your remaining mk1 is a loss of gear?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    And by the way I was earning more credits because I was finishing top 10 hstr, so the new raid actually will give players that were not doing that more credits than they were before, if they choose to buy them.
  • DeusArt
    131 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    1) You moved the goalposts making it about new and mid game players. I said it's equal on mk1 FOR ME and you responded that I'm wrong, and never qualified that you were talking about people that are newer.
    It's not equal. It's just you as late game player didn't feel this loss because of years of accumulation.
    2) Where do you show that buying 170 carbs with your remaining mk1 is a loss of gear?
    Do you have examples of raid rewards where MK1 level gear from all raids in one time will be less then 170 carbs? (with this correction (pit/55)*90+tank+(sith/110)*90+(cpit/150)*90)
    Just as one example 3 rewards for only rancor raid(rewards should be doubled after gear double drop changes):
    2l69dqo80r3t.jpg
    1 reward equal - 5236 MK1 - more than 3755 MK1 left from Krayt
    2 reward equal - 3436 MK1 - close to 3755 MK1 left from Krayt
    3 reward equal - 2042 MK1 - less than 3755 MK1 left from Krayt (3755 - 2042 = 1713 MK1)
    Even if we agree that the lowes reward should be taken(I'm not) - Tank & Sith MK1 rewards overlaps 1713 MK1.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I give up. I tracked my own data before they shut down the raids. The mk1 currency is enough that I can buy the same amount of both types of credits I used to get per week and still also have enough mk1 to buy all the gear i used to get per week. It has nothing to do with late game accumulation.