I still don't understand why Reva is OP

Prev13
Title says it all. I don't understand based on everything CG has told us about power rankings of characters based on where /how they're obtained why reva dominates every galactic legend in every aspect of the game. . they nerfed traya's omi when she could beat 1, they nerfed wat when he had too much power vs GLs. Reva dominates even outside GAC. this isn't in line with what CG said

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Not much to understand. Just a mistuned toon waiting to be retuned once it's more common. It's better cg ignores it for a bit to give the whales the grace period.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    SEE comps, JMK comps and even Traya comps can counter Reva.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

but shouldn't she not be able to kill any GL? isn't that the CG way? I'm excluding datacrons, because they are temporary (per CG anyway)
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

but shouldn't she not be able to kill any GL? isn't that the CG way? I'm excluding datacrons, because they are temporary (per CG anyway)

It would be a really boring gam eif nothing could kill a GL....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Not sure where you sit in GAC @CrispyFett But I can tell you in kyber that a "guy with th emost GL's wins" system is not for me...
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

for the most part, most of the counters are other GL (barring datacrons), no? yes there are exceptions, but im talking the majority of counters?
  • CrispyFett
    973 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Not sure where you sit in GAC @CrispyFett But I can tell you in kyber that a "guy with th emost GL's wins" system is not for me...

I'm in K2 and that pretty much seems to always be how it is for me. i have 5 gls (no see or lv yet). my opponents almost always have all 7 plus every other toon, maxed out. sometimes I win bc they don't attack, sometimes bc they are kittens who have no strategy. but often it comes down to they will put all their gls on D and that's it for me
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

I'm in K2 and that pretty much seems to always be how it is for me. i have 5 gls (no see or lv yet). my opponents almost always have all 7 plus every other toon, maxed out. sometimes I win bc they don't attack, sometimes bc they are **** who have no strategy. but often it comes down to they will put all their gls on D and that's it for me

Lots of GL counters out there, you just have to research... Fennec is a pretty solid Vader counter, the right GAS strategy will knock off SLKR etc...
  • With CAW PaTROLL accounts, even CUP beats GLs!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

You can't deny this is beyond cg's loosely established power differential. This is not simply -killing gls-. And cg knows it too. It won't remain as is either. Rather sure of that.
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    Title says it all. I don't understand based on everything CG has told us about power rankings of characters based on where /how they're obtained why reva dominates every galactic legend in every aspect of the game. . they nerfed traya's omi when she could beat 1, they nerfed wat when he had too much power vs GLs. Reva dominates even outside GAC. this isn't in line with what CG said

New shiny that's difficult to get because you have to get inquisitors, then get GI, then get 5 of them up to R7. THEN you have to get others in your guild to build their rosters to do the same thing.

There are counters to GL's, but Reva is just excessively dumb. CG claims "balance" and power levels, but they don't know squat about either and continually prove they don't care about balance by spewing out datacrons every 4 months that skew entire rosters.

At the least, there isn't a Reva datacron for the time being, but it'll be back soon enough I'm sure. They're to the point of recycling datacrons already.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

for the most part, most of the counters are other GL (barring datacrons), no? yes there are exceptions, but im talking the majority of counters?

Why can’t Reva also be an exception?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Reva requires more investment than other non-GL GL counters

You need Grand Inquisitor + Reva (two JG toons) vs just Starkiller or Aphra etc

And farming her depends on 49 other players
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

These are all high gp concerns. At some point it's not like you can ignore any team or even have more gls to grab. Then it happens by the natural flow of things, the only thing that's beyond that natural flow is a few relic levels. This argument would only hold water if the team was only good for the purpose of farming the completion toon (say like jawas position with the new raid hardly being beneficial elsewhere comperatively).
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    But yea, be my guest pretend playing as if investment viewpoint justifies the current reva power level. Then change your tune once cg cuts to toon to a lower size. No surprises there xD
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    But yea, be my guest pretend playing as if investment viewpoint justifies the current reva power level. Then change your tune once cg cuts to toon to a lower size. No surprises there xD

Why shouldn't Reva beat GL?..... She certainly requires a lot more investment...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Why shouldn't Reva beat GL?..... She certainly requires a lot more investment...

I didn't say she shouldn't beat a gl. This is not a boolean equation of "beat a gl y/n."
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

I didn't say she shouldn't beat a gl. This is not a boolean equation of "beat a gl y/n."

Maybe not, but it is the topic of the thread and the original post.....

If you aren't concerned about Reva beating GL then what exactly are you concerned about?
  • Lumiya
    1474 posts Member

If you aren't concerned about Reva beating GL then what exactly are you concerned about?

I think OP means that she can kill every GL not just one or two. That's the big difference to other counters/toons. They might work against one specific GL if you have a specific squad and/or mods but you can't use that against every GL whereas Reva can be used against every GL.
    Even GLs have "limitations" against certain other GLs and need a very specific squad or depend on specific RNG or can timeout.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    I don’t understand the principle of why inquisitors are so powerful especially Reva. Inquisitors are weak compared to sith, when you see how maul can one shot multiple inquistors it just confuses me why Disney is pushing inqusitors like they’re powerful and interesting characters.

Reva should be heavily nerfed because what cg is saying is Reva is stronger than Luke, anakin, sidious, revan, maul the list goes on
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member

Reva should be heavily nerfed because what cg is saying is Reva is stronger than Luke, anakin, sidious, revan, maul the list goes on[/quote]

I don't read too much into the relative strengths of characters in this game when compared to the films, books etc. Older characters tend to be weaker and the newer ones stronger. That's how power levels move up the gears.

You've mentioned Sideous. He's at best average these days but was powerful in the early game.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

There are degrees of things. Like I said it's not "does this thing beat a gl?". I have all the gl and I'll soon have her unlocked. I still don't like the severity of power shift. Do you have first hand experience playing with or against her?

In short power creep begets power creep. Power has always crept as this is the nature of this type of games. This particular creep is too much creep in my experience so far.
  • Don’t worry, GL Leia will defeat her
  • i personally have no issue with the hardest to acquire character being the strongest. I get the argument about the semantics of her not being a gl and you are technically correct. Which we all know is the best kind of correct. But she needs to be worth the return on investment and that’s higher than anything else in game right now.
    797-722-718
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

There are degrees of things. Like I said it's not "does this thing beat a gl?". I have all the gl and I'll soon have her unlocked. I still don't like the severity of power shift. Do you have first hand experience playing with or against her?

In short power creep begets power creep. Power has always crept as this is the nature of this type of games. This particular creep is too much creep in my experience so far.

Sure, there are degrees of creep, you are right... I tend to look at it as effort vs. reward... I use GL's as an example as they are the most powerful characters we can get through individual effort...

I also don't think Reva is OP at all because I think the power of a character should be scaled to the amount of effort it takes to obtain it... It takes 50 (if everyone buys in) people in a guild farming 5 inquisitors and relicing them up, then those 50 people have to complete the GI event and relic him up... Then those 50 people have to complete 330 Reva missions in a territory battle that only comes along every 2 weeks... That's a lot of effort!

And, no I have no personal experience playing with her unfortunately but I have faced two Revas, one in 3v3 and one in 5v5.... I beat the 3v3 one with SEE (whom everyone seems to think is useless) and I beat the 5v5 one with Sith trio and Savage.... She is definitely beatable and, if I had her, I would likely be saving her for offence...
  • BobaFettish86
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Ultra wrote: »

She also requires more investment than some of the GLs she counters.

In real terms, she is basically a guild GL in all but tags.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Sure, there are degrees of creep, you are right... I tend to look at it as effort vs. reward... I use GL's as an example as they are the most powerful characters we can get through individual effort...

I also don't think Reva is OP at all because I think the power of a character should be scaled to the amount of effort it takes to obtain it... It takes 50 (if everyone buys in) people in a guild farming 5 inquisitors and relicing them up, then those 50 people have to complete the GI event and relic him up... Then those 50 people have to complete 330 Reva missions in a territory battle that only comes along every 2 weeks... That's a lot of effort!

And, no I have no personal experience playing with her unfortunately but I have faced two Revas, one in 3v3 and one in 5v5.... I beat the 3v3 one with SEE (whom everyone seems to think is useless) and I beat the 5v5 one with Sith trio and Savage.... She is definitely beatable and, if I had her, I would likely be saving her for offence...

I don't get the 50 argument at all which is mainly pushed by a particular moderator rather than being a truth. You don't need 50 people to do that at all. Want her the fastest possible like a very few top guilds does? Sure.

But she's here to stay and unlocking her in extra few months don't matter in the long run all that much. Then in that few months time we land in a territory where much more than the top has her and we are in a position to both use her and having to beat her.

Now that power differential will become apparent to people that denies to accept the opness ongoing. She needs to be taken slightly down to size. Ofc not the degree of a hard nerf. I have yet to see anyone argue she should be as lowbie as say KAM (who is not junk whatsoever but also visibly below what was expected back then for it...and now too.)

Side note on the investment perspective: are there really guilds that goes above and beyond to early unlock her at let's say 400m to gain a leg against other guilds around their ballpark? If not, most guilds around your guild's gp is doing the same thing and will unlock her in a similar interval whether that is 15 shards per tb or 40.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

I don't get the 50 argument at all which is mainly pushed by a particular moderator rather than being a truth. You don't need 50 people to do that at all. Want her the fastest possible like a very few top guilds does? Sure.

But she's here to stay and unlocking her in extra few months don't matter in the long run all that much. Then in that few months time we land in a territory where much more than the top has her and we are in a position to both use her and having to beat her.

Now that power differential will become apparent to people that denies to accept the opness ongoing. She needs to be taken slightly down to size. Ofc not the degree of a hard nerf. I have yet to see anyone argue she should be as lowbie as say KAM (who is not junk whatsoever but also visibly below what was expected back then for it...and now too.)

Side note on the investment perspective: are there really guilds that goes above and beyond to early unlock her at let's say 400m to gain a leg against other guilds around their ballpark? If not, most guilds around your guild's gp is doing the same thing and will unlock her in a similar interval whether that is 15 shards per tb or 40.

Well, either way, it's a lot of effort and if people don't farm the requirements to get her then they aren't going to have the characters to get use with her when their guild unlocks her for them, so it's kind of chicken egg.... And yes, there ar emany guilds doing that... ROTE has only been here since December and there are over 2400 SWgoh.gg resgistered players that have her already...

Whether or not she is "OP" is debatable... There have been plenty of characters in the history of this game that everyone thought were OP, especially back in the old squad arena days... I am sure by the time she is more common place in the game there will have been several counters that have come along and she won't need a "nerf", but only time will tell..
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Well, either way, it's a lot of effort and if people don't farm the requirements to get her then they aren't going to have the characters to get use with her when their guild unlocks her for them, so it's kind of chicken egg.... And yes, there ar emany guilds doing that... ROTE has only been here since December and there are over 2400 SWgoh.gg resgistered players that have her already...

Whether or not she is "OP" is debatable... There have been plenty of characters in the history of this game that everyone thought were OP, especially back in the old squad arena days... I am sure by the time she is more common place in the game there will have been several counters that have come along and she won't need a "nerf", but only time will tell..

Hmmm the number of unlocked doesn't showcase what I meant though. There is a plausible level of investment for a guild at some gp and most that are somewhat close are pushing for their inq team. But I've yet to see a guild with a high reva focus where they get twice the amount of shards compared to similar gp guilds. My guild doesn't, but neither does the guilds I'm networked with at high end.

Anyways, I agree that we'll see what happens in time and my personal experience against her is clear. I regularly play test in arena with shard folks. I believe that my experience will just be commonalised as more people has the gameplay. If cg makes no change, it doesn't directly effect me all that much as I'll have her, so does everyone around me.

The thing with creep is the next step in that creep. Another instance of high creep came with first revan, 2nd revan and gas following up which led us to the gl era. It was a plausible move from cg given that they couldn't contain the creep without establishing a new ceiling. It was just a natural cascade of the previous year that can not be ever taken back at some point.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

If you are unlocking Reva soon, you are probably in one of the elite guilds, and are having it unlocked easily, relatively speaking. For the rest of us, it takes a lot more effort, not just by each of ourselves, but a whole guild, to unlock her in, say, 9-12 months realistically. Maybe from a raw material standpoint she is still a less expensive investment than a GL, but she certainly is much harder.