Account hacked

Prev1
buttonRtK
17 posts Member
edited May 2023
A couple days ago someone gained access to my account through blue stacks. I only know this because they left a message in my guilds game chat. Stating “they had accessed my account through blue stacks somehow. They said they was just letting the owner know and wouldn’t do anything harmful” I opened a ticket straight away when I was aware to inform CG. Their response to me was that it wasn’t linked to any new accounts.

But ever since I started getting connection issues and kicking me from the game. I opened up a new ticket to state that I was worried for the safety of my account. And now I have lost full access to it. They have removed my Game Center and personal Facebook from my account and changed the name also

I don’t seem to be getting anywhere with the tickets in game. I just want my account back and am hoping there is someone here that can help.

My ally code is 839-696-836
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    I believe the problem is that BlueStacks generated the same device ID for you and the other guy. So from CGs end, there are no new accounts linked to it - just the same device. Now it sounds like the other guy changed his mind and hijacked your account. It's a BlueStacks issue, and the game doesn't officially support emulators. I wish you luck, but I don't think there is a lot that can be done. I really recommend against using emulators for this reason.
  • I’ll be heartbroken if I can’t gain control of my account again. All the money and time invested into it. It isn’t right losing it like this. Surely CG should have some sort of back up to help players regain their accounts
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    buttonRtK wrote: »
    I’ll be heartbroken if I can’t gain control of my account again. All the money and time invested into it. It isn’t right losing it like this. Surely CG should have some sort of back up to help players regain their accounts

Do you have your player ID?.... With that and a credit card statement etc they may be able to help you better...
  • Yes I have my player id and can also
    Send statements
  • I hope they see this and message to help
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    I hope they see this and message to help

Go to the answers HQ section here on the forums and post what you wrote here. Mention that you can send them proof that it is your account. Normally an admin there will pm you if they are able to help you. They are directly from EA and I know a few people whom the same happened to and they got help over there.

Eta:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-tech-issue-en
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    I hope they see this and message to help

Go to the answers HQ section here on the forums and post what you wrote here. Mention that you can send them proof that it is your account. Normally an admin there will pm you if they are able to help you. They are directly from EA and I know a few people whom the same happened to and they got help over there.

Eta:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-tech-issue-en

I will do that now. See if I can get answers quicker
  • 6mav2jvmjcn6.png

So they are saying my accounts been deleted.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    You may have to fight to get it back... Some of their CS agents are better than others... If you can still see your account on SWGOH.GG after the update it certainly hasn't been deleted from their database..
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Someone who got into your account might've deleted

They might've not

The forums won't be helpful, only EA support (which you have been utilizing) can

I don't think Answers HQ can help you either but doesn't hurt to try

I hope you are able to recover and secure your account again, its a terrible way to lose progress but as DMG said, emulators aren't supported, and i know lots of people in the active community uses it, so there is a false sense of security that it won't happen to you since its not happening to people you know
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    You may have to fight to get it back... Some of their CS agents are better than others... If you can still see your account on SWGOH.GG after the update it certainly hasn't been deleted from their database..

I’ve logged into my SWGOH.gg account and updated it and my account is still there. I’ve even started a new game and searched my ally code and it comes up so surely it’s still there on the database
  • Is there a contact number for EA or something to call them. I can’t seem to find one myself. I’m not getting anywhere in the chats
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Is there a contact number for EA or something to call them. I can’t seem to find one myself. I’m not getting anywhere in the chats

They don't have a phone number from what I have seen, but if you go online they do have an email system where you can open a ticket and I think that would be your best bet...
  • It looks like I’m fighting a lost cause. 11.4M gone, all the money and time just taken away from me like that and there’s nothing I can do about it. It’s wrong. how do I make a complaint?
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    It looks like I’m fighting a lost cause. 11.4M gone, all the money and time just taken away from me like that and there’s nothing I can do about it. It’s wrong. how do I make a complaint?

Don't give up. It all just depends on whom you get on the other end. You might have to try a few times until you get someone able/willing to help
  • I’m hoping a dev will answer me. It’s my only hope of gaining my account back
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Are you playing on BlueStacks as a guest or logged into Google play?
    Settings>connect
    Does it look like this?
    vwpuhxa2975h.png
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    It looks like I’m fighting a lost cause. 11.4M gone, all the money and time just taken away from me like that and there’s nothing I can do about it. It’s wrong. how do I make a complaint?

I really hope this isn’t the case. I will pop in from time to time to see if you (or they) are able to resolve this. It’s disappointing that you’ve had to jump through so many hoops just to try and get your account back
  • scuba wrote: »
    Are you playing on BlueStacks as a guest or logged into Google play?
    Settings>connect
    Does it look like this?
    vwpuhxa2975h.png

No I never have, i literally just play from my phone
  • Sloth243 wrote: »

I really hope this isn’t the case. I will pop in from time to time to see if you (or they) are able to resolve this. It’s disappointing that you’ve had to jump through so many hoops just to try and get your account back

I’ve opened so many tickets, gone into live chats, they claim my account is deleted and no longer in the database.

But my account still loads up to SWGOH.gg it’s dropping in arena and skill rating for GAC has lowered. Also my guild friends are checking the activity on it for me to see if anyone logs on. And they have multiple times. To me this doesn’t sound like it’s deleted and not on their database anymore.

Atm the service I’ve been getting from the chats that they aren’t even bothered I’ve spent years building my account up and the money I’ve put into their game
  • 8uis6bngyo4h.png

This is how it all began
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    Wait a minute so you never used bluestacks?

I know I've read that others whom never used Bluestacks also had this happen to them, while others said you have to at least once had used bluestacks yourself for this to happen.

• Lumiya wrote: »

I know I've read that others whom never used Bluestacks also had this happen to them, while others said you have to at least once had used bluestacks yourself for this to happen.

No, I don’t even own a computer or laptop. I’ve always played on my phone
  • Lumiya
    1462 posts Member
    Ok it already sucks that this can happen but even more so to know that it can happen even if you never used Bluestacks before.
  • Surely a company like CG has a fail safe for emergency circumstances
  • Avy3414
    39 posts Member
    It is terrifying that anyone can access your account and get it deleted easily. And as always, CG being unanswerable to such severe security problems in the community.
  • Drados
    23 posts Member
    CG definitely need to introduce 2-factor-authorisation specifically for when it comes to deleting accounts.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Lumiya wrote: »

Maybe you used it years ago for a day or an hour

Bluestacks just can’t give anyone access if you’ve never used it before
  • Sdtbarbarossa
    313 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Ultra wrote: »

it definitly can in theory. just need to hit the same android-id as an older phone (before android 9).

Not very probably. but it definitly is possible.

because thats the main problem. Android and how the id was used before Android 10...

Also CG should REALLY implement some kind of 2FA and also you should be able to disconnect Guest Auth when you have a strong auth like google connected...
  • Ultra wrote: »

That or they're not the original owner of the account.

If that's not the case, then it sounds more like they got access via Facebook link.
This discussion has been closed.