Will EA contract end hurt the game?

Coolnessda
276 posts Member
edited May 2023
With the news about EA's contract ending for star wars games, will this affect galaxy of heroes? While the raid system is far from perfect I still like playing the game but if EA is done will it cause issues for future content? I'm only concerned and not trying to bash the game so dont take this the wrong way
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    My understanding is it’s only the exclusive portion that ends this year, not the license.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    It may turn out that some characters from new games can't be brought over, Buuuut until we saw Dash we didn't think we'd get any non Canon characters so who knows

Tons of the characters in thus game that came along before dash aren't cannon...

Swgoh has nothing to do with lore...
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    It may turn out that some characters from new games can't be brought over, Buuuut until we saw Dash we didn't think we'd get any non Canon characters so who knows

Dash??? HK had been around forever...
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    With the news about EA's contract ending for star wars games, will this affect galaxy of heroes? While the raid system is far from perfect I still like playing the game but if EA is done will it cause issues for future content? I'm only concerned and not trying to bash the game so dont take this the wrong way

Who knows. Maybe the shift has already caused the game some damage (for example, terrible reward cuts that force a p2w outlook.. just sayin', I've not kept up with EA news at large but I've already suspected they might be shifting gears and slowly backing out of GOH)
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Dash??? HK had been around forever...
    Yeah, non-canon/legends characters have been around since the game launched.