My guild still work on rancor, and it suddenly gone

ne_alenska
123 posts Member
edited May 2023
Did CG think about that?
Player spend time and money on their favorite team (sith/jedi/fo/rebel.etc), but now useless in new raid system. Do you know how bad feeling of them?
And, the reward of random gears, like a present, make the game more fun, better then giving money, come on!!

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    You've known what will happen for months now though? Hard to get why your guild has been working on challenge rancor knowing it will be gone.
  • Ghost666
    328 posts Member
    ne_alenska wrote: »
    Did CG think about that?
    (...)
    And, the reward of random gears, like a present, make the game more fun, better then giving money, come on!!
    Well...they thought players would prefer to choose the gear...so they could progress faster instead of pilling up useless gear...
    Not 100% sure if they did it right...but i prefer the abbility to choose...you can always buy random stuff and then think of it as a "present"...i guess.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Did CG think about that?
    (...)
    Well...they thought players would prefer to choose the gear...so they could progress faster instead of pilling up useless gear...
    Not 100% sure if they did it right...but i prefer the abbility to choose...you can always buy random stuff and then think of it as a "present"...i guess.

Op meant challenge rancy I think. Now it's entirely gone unlike the old trio of raids.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    It's not like they can't be used in other game modes. Whenever the next raid comes the same will happen for the factions that are used for the Krayt raid
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    While I'm disappointed that C.Rancor has been shut down, the squads I used for it were used widely across the game anyway. I assume I wasn't alone in that.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Did CG think about that?
    Player spend time and money on their favorite team (sith/jedi/fo/rebel.etc), but now useless in new raid system. Do you know how bad feeling of them?

So your guild is complaining they worked on GLs for CPit?
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    You've known what will happen for months now though? Hard to get why your guild has been working on challenge rancor knowing it will be gone.

Not everyone has time, or desire, to browse forums or news to what might be eliminated.

It’s a game. Most people play it and have fun. And it’s less fun when things are taken away.

I suppose some people have a little too much time on their hands
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Sloth243 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Not everyone has time, or desire, to browse forums or news to what might be eliminated.

It’s a game. Most people play it and have fun. And it’s less fun when things are taken away.

I suppose some people have a little too much time on their hands

Meh. You can be bothered to play it regularly whether casually or not, but no time to read road-aheads which announce what will happen in this regular hobby of yours? And this happened to all 50 ppl in the guild where noone knew this will happen?
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Just saying that some people simply play the game, and never go online or to the forums and read the road ahead items that turn out to be untrue

I have no hate towards you. But your logic is, slightly flawed
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    These are announced in the game to see further details on the forum. If you can't be bothered, no amount of logic will save you. No idea why bring up hate. Thanks for not hating me I guess.
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    You are welcome
  • Sloth243 wrote: »
    Just saying that some people simply play the game, and never go online or to the forums and read the road ahead items that turn out to be untrue

I have no hate towards you. But your logic is, slightly flawed

That individual members don't read posts like the RAs is understandable, but it is, arguably, up to the leaders of a guild to know about such things. If they don't want to then that's totally OK, it's their choice, but the information was there and it doesn't take more than about 10-15 minutes every two/three months just to read those posts for any major changes.

In a lot of instances CG is appallingly bad at communicating, but in this case the information (at least about factions that would be usable) was there and clear. They've failed their members if they didn't know/let them know.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    I agree with you here. But not every guild is the same. And casual guilds, like mine, sometimes spend a day or 2 away. And that’s okay. It’s meant to be fun, and not a chore or a job
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yeah, I completely get how anyone can miss bugfixes, small updates etc. Road ahead and the type of announcements that gets force pushed to make sure you can even miss them is not that though. One can ofc also miss them, then they have to live with that. "It's just a game" after all.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I'm quite confused. You seem to be thinking there is something that should have happened but didn't happen. What is that thing? It has been announced months ago, not a day or two. I very much doubt "the guild" missed it, looks more like a player did.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Did CG think about that?

Random gear box is fun, until you score higher, and the rewards are lesser.
    Like 5 times or 6 in a row i dont care about it anymore
    Rewards into Currencies are meh, but at least i can buy something i need.
  • For any game you enjoy playing, giving the relevant forums a look even just once a month can give you an idea what new features are coming or any changes down the road.