CG Ignores Offensive Guild Name

GoCubs08
14 posts Member
edited May 2023
I was doing a search for a guild we were facing in TW(yes, I spelled the guild name wrong) and came across a very derogatory term on my screen. I made Meathead aware a week ago and it's still in the game. I ask to have it removed as this offensive term has no place on the Star Wars galaxy.

I completely understand how things like this get missed, but when it's brought to your attention and you IGNORE it, you obviously aren't concerned about it and condone that sort of behavior.

Please CG, have some decency and remove the name ASAP!

Thank you,

Go Cubs!gnftb9qgny7k.jpg
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• How is this even a thing in the first place? This is hate speech in the form of a guild name and needs to be fixed immediately.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I never heard of this term, now I searched and found it. But it looks to me that you find it offensive rather than it being legitimately offensive. Hence why nothing happened. Someone calling you something and calling themselves is not the same thing. Maybe they should ban our community manager too?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I never heard of this term, now I searched and found it. But it looks to me that you find it offensive rather than it being legitimately offensive. Hence why nothing happened. Someone calling you something and calling themselves is not the same thing. Maybe they should ban our community manager too?
    Are you being serious?

Have you looked at the foot of the screenshot at the guild name that has been censored?

Please tell me you didn’t.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

It has no place in the game... Period...
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Youre looking at the wrong thing. Scroll to the bottom of the posted image and you'll see a guild name where the OP blocked a few letters.
  • BasherBeau wrote: »
    I never heard of this term, now I searched and found it. But it looks to me that you find it offensive rather than it being legitimately offensive.

This is a horrible take.
    Based on Maru’s post history, I’m almost certain he hasn’t looked at the image properly. Some forumers might be capable of that genuinely making that sort of statement, but I don’t think Maru is one of them.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Are you being serious?

Have you looked at the foot of the screenshot at the guild name that has been censored?

Please tell me you didn’t.

Sorry yeah, I thought what was in question was "meathead militia" which turned to be used in derogatory ways as well. Retracted and agreeing with op.
  • GoCubs08
    14 posts Member
    I appreciate the support on this. Those that ignore, condone and harbor the behavior.

Let's continue to grow and improve as a society together, not as individuals.
  • Wow how did that get past the name check
  • GoCubs08
    14 posts Member
    Wow how did that get past the name check

The spaces. That's why I wrote that I get how it happens, but ignoring my dm isn't acceptable. I've had open dialog with Meat before so no real excuse imo.
  • GoCubs08
    14 posts Member
    I truly was hoping it would get resolved without having to make it public. Just remove/change the guild name and let's move on.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2318 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Why not just tag him in your op on the forums in the first place?

@CG_Tusken_Meathead

The forums are always the first place you should bring in-game stuff up, not Discord. Plus, tagging the employee you’re wishing to direct messages to tends to help
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    GoCubs08 wrote: »

The spaces. That's why I wrote that I get how it happens, but ignoring my dm isn't acceptable. I've had open dialog with Meat before so no real excuse imo.

I'm on a Discord server with Meat.... The minute he shows up the whol eplace gets stupid and he gets swamped... I can only imagine how many DM's he gets on a daily basis..

Did you report it in game?
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Wow. That's awful.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    Why not just tag him in your op on the forums in the first place?

@CG_Tusken_Meathead

The forums are always the first place you should bring in-game stuff up, not Discord. Plus, tagging the employee you’re wishing to direct messages to tends to help

This is like the complete opposite of my experience lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I'm on a Discord server with Meat.... The minute he shows up the whole place gets stupid

Gets?
  • herd_nerfer
    1820 posts Member

First - it should definitely be removed.

Second - you don't know he ignored it. It's probably not in his power to do what you've asked. It seems extremely likely that he either didn't see your message, or passed it on to someone to take care of it. Either way, give the guy a break. He doesn't get paid to be customer support, nor at our beck and call - which is what you're expecting of him.

For the record - I absolutely agree that this should be addressed post-haste. Have you considered opening a ticket with the help desk? This could easily be considered player harassment and might get a more rapid response going through the proper channels instead of discord DMs or forum posts.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    maybe they're a guild of rappers
  • Wait, wait, wait... the leader hasn't been online in almost 6 years. Has this guild been around that long?? How did this get missed?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited May 2023
    I agree offensive guild names should be changed but don't you think its very hyperbolic to assume the company is fine with it because your DM wasn't replied to?

Its not like Discord sends Read Receipts and even then he gets bombarded with tons of DMs

I get bombed with lots of PMs myself at times and I look at some of them at hours when i'm too busy to respond and then forget about some of the issues when I have time to address them

The case is worse for Meathead
  • Wait, wait, wait... the leader hasn't been online in almost 6 years. Has this guild been around that long?? How did this get missed?

How would it get caught if someone didn't report it?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Wait, wait, wait... the leader hasn't been online in almost 6 years. Has this guild been around that long?? How did this get missed?

It gets missed because they used spacing to get around the filters...... It's not as if Cg goes through the thousands of guild names on a regular basis to find the needle in a haystack...

The algorithm won't let us use the word horsemen, but this goes unnoticed for 6 years??

The algorithm won't let us use the word horsemen, but this goes unnoticed for 6 years??

The word was broken up by white space - you can do the same thing in guild chat and it will sail right through the censor.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I agree offensive guild names should be changed but don't you think its very hyperbolic to assume the company is fine with it because your DM wasn't replied to?

Its not like Discord sends Read Receipts and even then he gets bombarded with tons of DMs

I get bombed with lots of PMs myself at times and I look at some of them at hours when i'm too busy to respond and then forget about some of the issues when I have time to address them

Imagine how many PMs you'd get if you still played
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited May 2023
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Imagine how many PMs you'd get if you still played

CG wasn't aware of your PM yet but now they are, and the guild should no longer exist :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.