Krayt Max Attempts “bug”

LordBatz
16 posts Member
In the live stream they literally said you can do more than 5 attempts. Why are we calling this a bug.? Sounds to me like cG is trying to **** rewards from folks…

https://youtu.be/XKZoL0gYMR8

Replies

• MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    If you have the characters, why limit the attempts? Why kill min/maxing?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    This and the change to personal/guild track bugs me more than mk1 amounts. I really want to end up enjoying and or at least be ok with this raid. It packs a punch in terms failure after another though.
  • Kaird
    30 posts Member
    You can attempt with a team as many times as you want. You are only supposed to be able to post 5 scores. That was always the intent.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Kaird wrote: »
    You can attempt with a team as many times as you want. You are only supposed to be able to post 5 scores. That was always the intent.

Always? Can you find this any of the announcements till the raid got released?
  • During live stream they said "if you have 7 teams, you can submit 7 total attempts". Now they are calling this a bug. O.K. CG.
  • We dont want teams like slkr to solo raids anymore, well you fixed it that by adding ticket counters so its impossible to solo the entire raid with 1 team, so why limit factions? Oh so you can make extra $$$ by making people gear up factions that they dont have gotcha.
    Whats that? We get 5 attempts? Why we already have faction locks in place. Oh its to pervent people from min maxing their scores by taking in smaller teams so everyone in the guild can get better rewards without sinking a lot of relics on useless teams.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Pages of pages of mindset explanations. Zero mention of this hard fact.

gf0qi03adqym.png
    a2iveh7rbaqx.png

It becomes all the more amusing when cg's intent gets mentioned. If it really is the intent, those intents gets switcharoos quite often as it took a few days to completely revert it and nerf the personal track to death.

eafcp54hqt7p.png

Can we possibly get this discussed on your end @CG_Tusken_Meathead ?

• CG stop limiting our roster! You already reduced us down to 5 factions! Instead of restricting us maybe come up with better ideas of PvE content. You just overpower them, don't get me started on ships in this TBs!
  • Why not limit it to just one team? Throw Jabba at the raid **** bash bosh, wait for loot 3 days later.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    We dont want teams like slkr to solo raids anymore, well you fixed it that by adding ticket counters so its impossible to solo the entire raid with 1 team, so why limit factions? Oh so you can make extra $$$ by making people gear up factions that they dont have gotcha.
    Whats that? We get 5 attempts? Why we already have faction locks in place. Oh its to pervent people from min maxing their scores by taking in smaller teams so everyone in the guild can get better rewards without sinking a lot of relics on useless teams.

Because they tried to give buffs to specific teams in a unlimited team raid and failed?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    MoBlaq wrote: »

Those leftovers sucks in this anyway, i have all of them above R5.
    Maybe i am the problem after all, i need to git gud.
  • Them changing this is not smart. They are what adding 3 more attempts if someone has a full roster? That is not going to break the raid. The way it is now players may gear up those bottom 15 characters to get better scores. Plus it encourages players not to procrastinate. On top of all that you know they are going to break something trying to change it.
  • Them changing this is not smart. They are what adding 3 more attempts if someone has a full roster? That is not going to break the raid. The way it is now players may gear up those bottom 15 characters to get better scores. Plus it encourages players not to procrastinate. On top of all that you know they are going to break something trying to change it.

People can use 4 or 3 character as a team to do max scores.
    But I agree that 'bug' shouldn't be fixed.
  • Diego_M
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    If they want us to have 5 attempts, then change the duration from 3 days to 2 days, it's more then enough time for 5 fights
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »

Those leftovers sucks in this anyway, i have all of them above R5.
    Maybe i am the problem after all, i need to git gud.

All the more reason just to leave it as is. While the factions for the raid is capped, they can release new toons in those factions which will probably be the case at some point. If you got them there, you deserve the attempts to use them up. While it might not matter rn, it will end up mattering when you or your guild is close to push one tier higher.
  • I understand that the intention was always to limit to 5 attempts max, but they should just leave it as is (at least for now), while people are still figuring out strategies and testing characters. It allows me to use my scrubs and see what works and doesn't. Is it that big a deal if we get 5 attempts per day? There's a maximum amount of characters we can use anyway
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Diego_M wrote: »
    If they want us to have 5 attempts, then change the duration from 3 days to 2 days, it's more then enough time for 5 fights

Why would that matter
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Why would that matter

Because 3 days to do 5 attacks is way too much time. I rather enjoy the current format, 3 days is perfect, 5 attempts a day is perfect.

This just boils down to another example of CG not doing what they have stated.

They communicated it four times that I am aware of:
    1. February Road Ahead had a section talking about all new raids would have a maximum number of total attempts per player.
    2. Raid Summary references “Total Attempts” versus “Daily Attempts”. For reference, look at the Krayt summary, then look at a Legacy Raid summary.
    3. Launch day bug reports from meathead included the maximum of 5 attempts per player not working correctly.
    4. The update details also referenced this, stating they already fixed it though.

If you want to argue that it should be 5/day, no problem. But CG is just going to ignore you if your only point is you think they didn’t communicate it.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Why would that matter

Because 3 days to do 5 attacks is way too much time. I rather enjoy the current format, 3 days is perfect, 5 attempts a day is perfect.

It takes a minimum of 3 days to get 90k tickets to relaunch.

There is a difference between waiting an extra day to get tickets, and waiting an extra day for the raid to finish.

3 days of the raid running allows for life happening to 50 guild members, giving them another 24 hours to perhaps improve guild rewards. Or you could have 24 hours just waiting for tickets when absolutely no one can do anything, guaranteed.

When I've been in charge of a group of 50 people (in real life, at a job) it is a very rare week when there is not someone with some kind of drama to deal with.

Having the raid running 3 days is better.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    nfidel2k wrote: »

Why would that matter

1. February Road Ahead had a section talking about all new raids would have a maximum number of total attempts per player.
    2. Raid Summary references “Total Attempts” versus “Daily Attempts”. For reference, look at the Krayt summary, then look at a Legacy Raid summary.
    3. Launch day bug reports from meathead included the maximum of 5 attempts per player not working correctly.
    4. The update details also referenced this, stating they already fixed it though.

If you want to argue that it should be 5/day, no problem. But CG is just going to ignore you if your only point is you think they didn’t communicate it.

That road ahead gives no details for the submit limit for the new raid, on the contrary it gives the impression limit is the factions. After all, the entire logic of inducing such a limit is "not having to throw your whole roster at a wall" which can't even happen with the other limit. The rationale for faction limit is pretty plausible from designer perspective as they don't want to design around entirety of possible interactions. To help raid launch afk folks by limiting the rushers is pretty plausible as well.

Why have 2 limits in this raid that meets the same end? If they were to gradually add other factions, it would make sense. Otherwise I don't see any rationale.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Why would that matter

That road ahead gives no details for the submit limit for the new raid, on the contrary it gives the impression limit is the factions. After all, the entire logic of inducing such a limit is "not having to throw your whole roster at a wall" which can't even happen with the other limit. The rationale for faction limit is pretty plausible from designer perspective as they don't want to design around entirety of possible interactions. To help raid launch afk folks by limiting the rushers is pretty plausible as well.

Why have 2 limits in this raid that meets the same end? If they were to gradually add other factions, it would make sense. Otherwise I don't see any rationale.

From the Road Ahead, just below the base difficulty section and the second section below the faction information you mentioned:

i0pckhgumfxz.jpeg
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member

Why would that matter

1. Feb RA doesn't state a number, just that attempts will be limited. Different for each raid.
    2. Total attempts: 5. Could be worded better....but thats a nit pic.
    3. Fair point.
    4. Also fair point.
    BUT, if 5 attempts per player were really intended, then why did Waffleking state that if you have 7 teams, you can post 7 scores and neither Crumb or Meat corrected him? Why would he even think using 7 teams was a thing if you couldn't do it?

Why did the raid launch with this system in place? How did this make it past QA? Seems like it would be really easy to test....but I can believe this one as testing doesn't seem to be a focus anymore.

The point in the RA was a limited number of total attempts per player, not per day. The Feb RA was almost 3 months before release, so maybe the number wasn’t decided yet. But the system was.

I can’t answer about Waffleking; I assume you are referring to the live feed which I didn’t watch. But the print communication was pretty clear.

As for testing, not sure this would have shown up as they would have had to test the raid for more than 24 hours. I doubt they were paying someone to test five attacks then sit around for 24 hours to see if it reset. If they still had the player test program, maybe it would have been caught.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Why would that matter

From the Road Ahead, just below the base difficulty section and the second section below the faction information you mentioned:

i0pckhgumfxz.jpeg

It's obvious I read it since I paraphrased it. Zero clarity there. Just a blanket check they can adjust at any time.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member

Why would that matter

1. Feb RA doesn't state a number, just that attempts will be limited. Different for each raid.
    3. Fair point.
    4. Also fair point.
    BUT, if 5 attempts per player were really intended, then why did Waffleking state that if you have 7 teams, you can post 7 scores and neither Crumb or Meat corrected him? Why would he even think using 7 teams was a thing if you couldn't do it?

Why did the raid launch with this system in place? How did this make it past QA? Seems like it would be really easy to test....but I can believe this one as testing doesn't seem to be a focus anymore.

The point in the RA was a limited number of total attempts per player, not per day. The Feb RA was almost 3 months before release, so maybe the number wasn’t decided yet. But the system was.

I can’t answer about Waffleking; I assume you are referring to the live feed which I didn’t watch. But the print communication was pretty clear.

As for testing, not sure this would have shown up as they would have had to test the raid for more than 24 hours. I doubt they were paying someone to test five attacks then sit around for 24 hours to see if it reset. If they still had the player test program, maybe it would have been caught.

Just watch the clip the OP posted, its short. It makes zero sense to me that he would even have that idea, if it wasnt the case.

I feel we’re getting off track, so I’m bowing back out. I don’t care personally if it’s 5/player or 5/day, just as long as it’s working as intended. And my only point earlier was that it was communicated, multiple times, so if anyone is arguing that it should be 5/day they aren’t going to convince CG to change it by complaining about the communication.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Why would that matter

3. Fair point.
    4. Also fair point.

Just watch the clip the OP posted, its short. It makes zero sense to me that he would even have that idea, if it wasnt the case.

I feel we’re getting off track, so I’m bowing back out. I don’t care personally if it’s 5/player or 5/day, just as long as it’s working as intended. And my only point earlier was that it was communicated, multiple times, so if anyone is arguing that it should be 5/day they aren’t going to convince CG to change it by complaining about the communication.

5 attempts haven't been communicated prior to the raid in a raid that allows 8 teams.
  • Enas007
    63 posts Member
    CG does no serious beta testing. And if the commercial guys see that there are "too much" rewards they change it towards .... oh not working as intended. No other serious business works like that piece of "i am not accountable" & "we dont care". So what. Go off cg.