Gear Refunds?

Ryan0324
22 posts Member
Since there is going to be an update to the raid restricting people to only 5 battles total, is there going to be a refund of sorts for resources used on characters that can no longer be used in those 5 battles?

39 available characters for the raid. So players are really only losing an extra 3 attempts, but I know I started gearing characters before we were told battles would no longer refresh.

Replies

• There is no chance of this happening. To the devs, you used that gear to improve a character, which is what you got. Regardless of whether or not you see a use for that character.
  • Ryan0324
    22 posts Member
    There is no chance of this happening. To the devs, you used that gear to improve a character, which is what you got. Regardless of whether or not you see a use for that character.

They've issued refunds or compensation in the past for different nerfs, unintended interactions and inconveniences. I don't see how this is any different.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    i do
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ryan0324
    22 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    i do

Speaking for people in my guild, there were resources spent on characters based on the initial rollout of the raid. If there were only 5 battles allowed to begin with, the resources would not have been used.
  • Ryan0324 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    i do

Speaking for people in my guild, there were resources spent on characters based on the initial rollout of the raid. If there were only 5 battles allowed to begin with, the resources would not have been used.
    But there is a big difference between refunding for a nerf / rework and what you’re asking for.

When a kit is fundamentally changed, the gear or ability mats the player base applied are now not providing what they did when they were applied. That - in some, but not all, instances - prompts the refund.

That is not the same as what’s happened with you and your guildmates. You have applied gear that is still providing exactly what it did when you applied it.

It’s fine to disagree with the principle, but that won’t change anything. No refunds will be given.