Kit Reveal - TIE Dagger

Replies

• Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining about lore accuracy now? We already knew one of this fleet's ships would be the Scimitar, so no surprise the Sith fleet is a collection of ships from different eras.

Because Scimitar was released in 2016?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Xhedao wrote: »
    Is there a better date for the start of the galactic chaze than "this week"?

They won’t launch an update during the week-end, so it’s a 3 days windows: today, tomorrow or friday.
    Whichever it is, you can start hoarding your fleet energy now. Remember there is a 1000 cap.
  • Pretty appalling really this is just a copy of the animations of Tie Interceptor.

Don't give us half cut content because your wasting time on thr LOTR game which looks beyond awful.
  • Blubcop
    353 posts Member
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Why this red stormtrooper had a sith tag at first place? He is definitely not a force user and he had a FO tag (and all other FO characters aren't call sith)... So why he is a sith? 🤔

Why is Sith Empire Trooper a Sith?
    Both are because they directly serve the Sith
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Blubcop wrote: »
    Why this red stormtrooper had a sith tag at first place? He is definitely not a force user and he had a FO tag (and all other FO characters aren't call sith)... So why he is a sith? 🤔

All Empire high command was directly surving sith, yet they are not sith. Royal Guard is surving sith very directly, but he is not sith either...
    Grievous and half of separatists elite were surving sith but are still not sith...
    Dont see direct connection

Also, If you took "sith" tag away from SET he will have no faction tag at all. And that is not good for a character to have no faction tag:)
    And that red stormtrooper is from first order. Don't see why he is a sith and some tie pilot is not... 🤔

(don't say anything about "sith empire" tag, it was added ~2 years after Sith (Empire) Trooper was released)
  • Pretty appalling really this is just a copy of the animations of Tie Interceptor.

Half the ships in this game use recycled animations
  • The lore conversation is a very odd one because I'm nearly certain everyone on here has a threshold for how far lore can be ignored before it bothers you. For some, it's a new republic character synergizing with an old republic fleet. For others maybe it's a Chewbacca with a lightsaber and force powers because they wanted him to work with a Jedi team. Would a dark-side scoundrel Obi-Wan that uses a blaster bother you given his lore?

IMO it's ok to use the characters in the sandbox however you see fit, Yoda, Palp, Revan, Kylo on a team for example, but those characters should be true to what they are in SW. Yoda shouldn't be a pirate. Palpatine shouldnt be a medic for the clone troopers and maybe to some New Republic characters shouldn't be designed to be in an old republic fleet.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    The lore conversation is a very odd one because I'm nearly certain everyone on here has a threshold for how far lore can be ignored before it bothers you. For some, it's a new republic character synergizing with an old republic fleet. For others maybe it's a Chewbacca with a lightsaber and force powers because they wanted him to work with a Jedi team. Would a dark-side scoundrel Obi-Wan that uses a blaster bother you given his lore?

IMO it's ok to use the characters in the sandbox however you see fit, Yoda, Palp, Revan, Kylo on a team for example, but those characters should be true to what they are in SW. Yoda shouldn't be a pirate. Palpatine shouldnt be a medic for the clone troopers and maybe to some New Republic characters shouldn't be designed to be in an old republic fleet.

Pretty easy:
    Something people dislike about star wars => lore inaccuracies == bad
    Something people like about star wars
    => lore inaccuracies == who cares

You seem to have made the rookie mistake and forgot that the swgoh world revolves around every single one that is complaining that the new stuff doesnt fit to their gameplan
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't care if Captain Picard flies it, as long as it's the new meta fleet its fine with me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

All Empire high command was directly surving sith, yet they are not sith. Royal Guard is surving sith very directly, but he is not sith either...
    Grievous and half of separatists elite were surving sith but are still not sith...

Also, If you took "sith" tag away from SET he will have no faction tag at all. And that is not good for a character to have no faction tag:)
    And that red stormtrooper is from first order. Don't see why he is a sith and some tie pilot is not... 🤔

(don't say anything about "sith empire" tag, it was added ~2 years after Sith (Empire) Trooper was released)

Except the tag on him that is correct is Sith... It's the First Order tag that's incorrect...
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Hey, in this game Ebon Hawk was required for Resistance fleet and JKL isn't rebel. Does someone still really care about some generic trooper?
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Except the tag on him that is correct is Sith... It's the First Order tag that's incorrect...
    Lore-wise it was part of the First (Final) Order fleet
    🙂
    I am sure pilot is part of the same fleet as ship is
  • Grimsie
    25 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    SiDuke wrote: »
    You guys actually serious? I gotta run a first order ship under a Darth Revan fleet ? Logic = 0… my disappointment is immeasurable.

Its a sith ship too....
    Yeah its a crappy sith ship, atleast every other fleet has era wise lore accurate ships with the exception of galactic republic and the old jedi interceptors vs the new ones but thats nothing compared to this, sith and sith empire are different, unfortunately leviathan isnt a sith empire ship for some stupid reason

Not sure what kit you looked at, looks pretty decent to me... Certainly wouldn't call it "crappy"....

Sith and SIth Empire aren't different, it's all Sith....

its not kit wise crappy, its crappy because its not interesting at all, its a reskinned tie interceptor prototype, the sith empire is different then sith, theres different sith factions because they have different motives and means, look at palpatines goal and that one sith that didnt hate the jedi and wanted peace, they are not all the same and the leviathan shouldnt have a broad fleet

A sith that doesn’t hate is no sith. But that aside if even a sith can live without hate why can’t you? How many comments do you need to post complaining that others have different views than you.

Sure we’d all love a lore perfect Sith Empire fleet. Tons of things go into the planning of this. Disney has a big say and wants certain things pushed.

The devs also have to look at the game differently than the player base.

And honestly as a fan of the Old Republic era they’d really have to scrape the barrel to come up with 2 more ships from that era. Sure a few more existed but who actually even heard of them without having to look it up.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

🙂

If we want to get all "lore specific", which I don't, Sith Troopers were never part of the First Order, they were created by the Sith Eternal under Palpatine on Exegol as part of the Final Order...
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Grimsie wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    SiDuke wrote: »
    You guys actually serious? I gotta run a first order ship under a Darth Revan fleet ? Logic = 0… my disappointment is immeasurable.

Its a sith ship too....
    Yeah its a crappy sith ship, atleast every other fleet has era wise lore accurate ships with the exception of galactic republic and the old jedi interceptors vs the new ones but thats nothing compared to this, sith and sith empire are different, unfortunately leviathan isnt a sith empire ship for some stupid reason

Not sure what kit you looked at, looks pretty decent to me... Certainly wouldn't call it "crappy"....

Sith and SIth Empire aren't different, it's all Sith....

its not kit wise crappy, its crappy because its not interesting at all, its a reskinned tie interceptor prototype, the sith empire is different then sith, theres different sith factions because they have different motives and means, look at palpatines goal and that one sith that didnt hate the jedi and wanted peace, they are not all the same and the leviathan shouldnt have a broad fleet

And honestly as a fan of the Old Republic era they’d really have to scrape the barrel to come up with 2 more ships from that era. Sure a few more existed but who actually even heard of them without having to look it up.

If you scrap swtor you will probably find a ton of different ships with already existing models etc. Fury wasn't the only ship in game
    (most likely they also look better then this, imho this Dagger is the cheapest looking ship in entire swgoh, like someone's first attempt to use 3D printer)
  • Blubcop
    353 posts Member

What I meant was, that they served an organisation that openly represented the Sith (Sith Empire and Sith Eternal). The empire was only secretly ruled by the Sith.
  • I don't understand why people keep saying this new ship looks like the Tie Interceptor. They don't to me.

4dpyy2dhe4f7.png
    oriocfm3o9nv.png
  • Smowy
    38 posts Member
    I don't understand why people keep saying this new ship looks like the Tie Interceptor. They don't to me.

4dpyy2dhe4f7.png
    oriocfm3o9nv.png
    Its because the ship has recycled tie interceptor animations
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Someone must have that image of all the units standing the same with the same blaster...
  • reiks
    12 posts Member
    I'm pretty mad it's for a pilot I've got at relics and, for a game about resource management, I won't need to farm up a more appropriate lore pilot who did or didn't fly the ship but was in the galaxy at the same time and would have seen or touched it. I'd rather it have been a pilot and ship that made sense and only worked with this sith fleet and had no use elsewhere. And, if someone didn't have Malgus or was getting his new ship, would have absolutely no reason to give this ship the time of day.

*shakes fist* When they do this it makes me lose the immersion.

Tuskens vs Troopers though, that just feels right. TM abuse is fair game. Also when I run Ebon Hawk with Seps. And Maul with LV. And Padme with Gideon. Okay so I, personally, ignore lore when it benefits me and is related to playing the game. My post was being a hypocrite, I see that now and this is growth.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

🙂

If we want to get all "lore specific", which I don't, Sith Troopers were never part of the First Order, they were created by the Sith Eternal under Palpatine on Exegol as part of the Final Order...

Movies don’t give them an origin story. My guess is a Sith Alchemist went full on Dr Moreau and turned Lobsters into Soldiers.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    What? Ppl complaining about this? Lol?

So you really want a...what, a new generic nameless toon, meh on himself, cost you 300 cryos to Relic level, to pilot this new ship than sith trooper?
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Of course
    There are 8 Sith Empire characters in game
    Need 2 more for full 2 teams
    2 characters = 2 ships, perfect
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »

So you really want a...what, a new generic nameless toon, meh on himself, cost you 300 cryos to Relic level, to pilot this new ship than sith trooper?

They could also just use a toon we already have in game for a sith empire ship. And yep I’d rather a new toon with its own ship rather than this thing crewed by the least “sith” sith tagged toon in the game. Unfortunately I want/need leviathan which means I have to waste crystals on this dumb ship
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    MADMAN3199 wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

They could also just use a toon we already have in game for a sith empire ship. And yep I’d rather a new toon with its own ship rather than this thing crewed by the least “sith” sith tagged toon in the game. Unfortunately I want/need leviathan which means I have to waste crystals on this dumb ship

Why would you prefer to "waste" crystals getting a new toon and then also gearing it?
  • Blubcop
    353 posts Member
    MADMAN3199 wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

What if it becomes an important part of the new fleet? Will you just leave it out? If not then it's not a waste of crystals.
  • Blubcop
    353 posts Member
    i4pd03cp41qb.png
    Would be hilarious if this one is the next with Savage as a Pilot
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I don't care if it looks like a 1984 Buick Skylark with wings and Jedi Knight Guardian is the pilot... I'm still getting it...
  • What is everyone crying about lorewise?
    Sith trooper = canon, movie I have very ambivalent feelings about
    Kyle Katarn = NOT CANON - loved the games and character!
    Starkiller = NOT CANON in cra**y game for kids
    Should I go on? :)
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    Should have called it Tie Dorito with those wings