Kit Reveal - TIE Dagger

Replies

• BubbaFett wrote: »
    . Bo-Katan Kryze is a Kenobi requirement and he was dead before she was even born....

Wasn’t BKK in one of the seasons of the clone wars with Kenobi?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Darth Maul's ship was already declared part of the meta fleet from the day it was announced.... Nobody complained... Pretty sure him and Darth Revan never had beers together...

Already declared a meta? There is already a meta for not yet released ship?
    Anyway, Maul hasn't yet been decalared a requirement for Leviathan. It is just a ship with Fury synergy,right? Maybe only because there is no other sith ship to fill that slot?

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

Also from the Road Ahead:

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

We still don't know what all of the requirements will be for Leviathin, but we do know it will be the new meta.... If you don't want to get it, that's your business, but lore is a silly reason not to excel in the game... Lets be realistic, They typical JMK team has two Kenobis on it, the typical SLKR team has 2 Kylos on it.... Bo-Katan Kryze is a Kenobi requirement and he was dead before she was even born....

Thanks for adding a picture to my quote
    This one
    It is just a ship with Fury synergy,right? Maybe only because there is no other sith ship to fill that slot?
    Though I didn't exactly get what you wanted to prove or disaprove with it

And about Kenobi: again, I am not talking about teams, I am talking about requirements. All previous Old Republic characters (JKR, Darth Revan, Darth Malak) had requirements through other Old Republic characters. There were no Kenobies in there🤷🏻‍♀️

And yes, I don't want to get that ship. And I would probably not bother with spending even 1 energy on it... but it is a requirement for the ship I want. So I had to get it.

You questioned whether or not it would be the new meta... As per the Road Ahead, it will be...

As for Kenobi (JMK version), I simply stated that Bo-Katan, who had absolutely nothing to do with Kenobi was a requirement...

And Finalizer has Ebon Hawk and Landos Millennium Falcon on the same synergy promotion picture
    And Raddus has Ebon Hawk, Landos Millennium Falcon and Ashoka's ship on the same synergy promotion picture
    Is that what their meta teams? 🙂

Synergy picture doesn't always represent the reality.

And with Bo it is really easy for me: I don't know who she is, what is her relationship with Kenobi and I dont what to know either. So I just generally presume that strange characters from GL list are just characters with sales not-as-good-as-expected
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Darth Maul's ship was already declared part of the meta fleet from the day it was announced.... Nobody complained... Pretty sure him and Darth Revan never had beers together...

Anyway, Maul hasn't yet been decalared a requirement for Leviathan. It is just a ship with Fury synergy,right? Maybe only because there is no other sith ship to fill that slot?

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

We still don't know what all of the requirements will be for Leviathin, but we do know it will be the new meta.... If you don't want to get it, that's your business, but lore is a silly reason not to excel in the game... Lets be realistic, They typical JMK team has two Kenobis on it, the typical SLKR team has 2 Kylos on it.... Bo-Katan Kryze is a Kenobi requirement and he was dead before she was even born....

This one
    It is just a ship with Fury synergy,right? Maybe only because there is no other sith ship to fill that slot?

And about Kenobi: again, I am not talking about teams, I am talking about requirements. All previous Old Republic characters (JKR, Darth Revan, Darth Malak) had requirements through other Old Republic characters. There were no Kenobies in there🤷🏻‍♀️

And yes, I don't want to get that ship. And I would probably not bother with spending even 1 energy on it... but it is a requirement for the ship I want. So I had to get it.

You questioned whether or not it would be the new meta... As per the Road Ahead, it will be...

As for Kenobi (JMK version), I simply stated that Bo-Katan, who had absolutely nothing to do with Kenobi was a requirement...

And Finalizer has Ebon Hawk and Landos Millennium Falcon on the same synergy promotion picture
    And Raddus has Ebon Hawk, Landos Millennium Falcon and Ashoka's ship on the same synergy promotion picture

And with Bo it is really easy for me: I don't know who she is, what is her relationship with Kenobi and I dont what to know either. So I just generally presume that strange characters from GL list are just characters with sales not-as-good-as-expected

You are presuming wrong. Especially given you seem to care about lore this makes even less sense since it is even "official lore" from one of the highest visibility things that came out sw past og trilogy.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

You are presuming wrong. Especially given you seem to care about lore this makes even less sense since it is even "official lore" from one of the highest visibility things that came out sw past og trilogy.

I presume wrong what? That they are added because of money? Maybe, then why? Above it was said that this two has nothing in common so not because of any lore. So, not lore, not sales.... random number generator?

And with lore is easy: I don't care about Disney lore. Or about what they claimed to be new lore. I haven't watched anything after 8th movie and nothing yet inspired me to change that.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    . Bo-Katan Kryze is a Kenobi requirement and he was dead before she was even born....

Yes and I believe her and Kenobi were even lovers at one point in time.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »

Yes and I believe her and Kenobi were even lovers at one point in time.

I "had" to look it up... He apparently had a thing for Bo-Katan's sister.... And yes, they were in Clone Wars together at some point... My bad, I don't watch cartoons :)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

I presume wrong what? That they are added because of money? Maybe, then why? Above it was said that this two has nothing in common so not because of any lore. So, not lore, not sales.... random number generator?

And with lore is easy: I don't care about Disney lore. Or about what they claimed to be new lore. I haven't watched anything after 8th movie and nothing yet inspired me to change that.

"So I just generally presume that strange characters from GL list are just characters with sales not-as-good-as-expected"-this bit. This game mostly runs around disney asks...naturally. Rest is game design filler as it has to be a game that has to establish some inner balance which can never make lore sense.

If we were to take the premise seriously, why does these cantina people inside sw universe where trillions live in play around with a very certain slice of thousands of years of characters that we know from audience viewpoint but they shouldn't know about in detail?

It is just a sandbox where anything goes where game mechanics and outcomes are the priority. Rest is juice. I doubt anyone likes all of the juice. So everyone picks their own juice. I have yet to see a single lore-player in the last 8 years. Maybe such exist in lowbie guilds enjoying their own slice of priority which doesn't do much for game's own enclosed cycles.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

"So I just generally presume that strange characters from GL list are just characters with sales not-as-good-as-expected"-this bit. This game mostly runs around disney asks...naturally. Rest is game design filler as it has to be a game that has to establish some inner balance which can never make lore sense.
    None of us knows how much each characters was sold and how much it was expected to be sold, so my assumption is as good as any.
    As well as I assume that the ship we are discussing has FO tag only to be sold to a wider audience. You may claim I am wrong, but that won't change my opinion unless there will be a data behind it.
    I have yet to see a single lore-player in the last 8 years. Maybe such exist in lowbie guilds enjoying their own slice of priority which doesn't do much for game's own enclosed cycles.
    Maybe I am the one? Don't know what you put in lore-player but I try my best to avoid touching characters I don't like. Or don't care. So I don't have many shiny meta characters. And I am playing happily. And that is what keeps me playing.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

None of us knows how much each characters was sold and how much it was expected to be sold, so my assumption is as good as any.
    As well as I assume that the ship we are discussing has FO tag only to be sold to a wider audience. You may claim I am wrong, but that won't change my opinion unless there will be a data behind it.
    I have yet to see a single lore-player in the last 8 years. Maybe such exist in lowbie guilds enjoying their own slice of priority which doesn't do much for game's own enclosed cycles.
    Maybe I am the one? Don't know what you put in lore-player but I try my best to avoid touching characters I don't like. Or don't care. So I don't have many shiny meta characters. And I am playing happily. And that is what keeps me playing.

You might be such a player and I respect such a choice. That would be a moot choice since it would take you away from any type of competitiveness. However you already said you'll farm it despite not liking to do so.

"how many bought the characters?" isn't a concern since that decision is hardly based on whether they like the character. It wouldn't be a stretch to say the recent trilogy isn't well liked by sw communities in general. This one is no exception. But swgoh still needed to push them very heavily. Does that look like a profit oriented decision to you?

The profit comes from metaness in this game's own terms whether entirety of the players hates whatever toon. This correlation is quite visible in various investments and can be somewhat extrapolated from swgoh.gg data. As of recent similar lore/power differential discussions occured around Reva. You can look at gl only data as of now and see how many went for each gl has little to do with the general popularity of the character and everything to do with usefulness in this particular game.

Personally I'm not even a sw fan despite being exposed to tons of sw things.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

You might be such a player and I respect such a choice. That would be a moot choice since it would take you away from any type of competitiveness. However you already said you'll farm it despite not liking to do so.
    I also said that there is only 1 reason I am farming it even though it makes me feel sick. And that is not competitiveness. I am playing this game since 2016, I get bored with most of competitiveness here long ago.
    "how many bought the characters?" isn't a concern since that decision is hardly based on whether they like the character. It wouldn't be a stretch to say the recent trilogy isn't well liked by sw communities in general. This one is no exception. But swgoh still needed to push them very heavily. Does that look like a profit oriented decision to you?

The profit comes from metaness in this game's own terms whether entirety of the players hates whatever toon. This correlation is quite visible in various investments and can be somewhat extrapolated from swgoh.gg data. As of recent similar lore/power differential discussions occured around Reva. You can look at gl only data as of now and see how many went for each gl has little to do with the general popularity of the character and everything to do with usefulness in this particular game.

If you divide people here on those, who cares about characters, and those who cares about numbers this characters set to fly on the screen, the second once are easier to please - just make character hit big numbers and people are happy. GL's are created specifically for that purpose - so people pay for hitting big numbers. Which lead to the fact that many will want to have shiny new GL. Which led to the fact that they well get whatever character this GL has a requirement. So characters in that list can be old, new, popular, unpopular, lore, random, whatever.
    (I am talking, and I was talking about GL's and their requirements, Reva is not a GL, and yes, I have no idea why dev's have been so desperately pushing inquisitors for more then a year, even though they are clearly not the best or most popular faction. It is the most pushed faction of all, I think)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

I also said that there is only 1 reason I am farming it even though it makes me feel sick. And that is not competitiveness. I am playing this game since 2016, I get bored with most of competitiveness here long ago.

If you divide people here on those, who cares about characters, and those who cares about numbers this characters set to fly on the screen, the second once are easier to please - just make character hit big numbers and people are happy. GL's are created specifically for that purpose - so people pay for hitting big numbers. Which lead to the fact that many will want to have shiny new GL. Which led to the fact that they well get whatever character this GL has a requirement. So characters in that list can be old, new, popular, unpopular, lore, random, whatever.
    (I am talking, and I was talking about GL's and their requirements, Reva is not a GL, and yes, I have no idea why dev's have been so desperately pushing inquisitors for more then a year, even though they are clearly not the best or most popular faction. It is the most pushed faction of all, I think)

While recently meta started to be used interchangebly with gls, it is not. Reva not being a gl matters only in the sense of "but you told us gl's will be the end all, be all" or from investment perspective. She is the current most desirable "sale" toon

This game has gone through many metas and some were pretty amusing. At the end of the day none of the lore oriented concerns mattered in the past in the totality of this game. Cg makes a shallow coating/theme over things and that's good enough to get it going. Sometimes that coating is what they are specifically asked to do, sometimes randomly patched things for completion, sometimes old fan favorites. Whatever floats your boat.

It's fine for you to not care about competitiveness. But the game design will always roll around it. Hence the monies.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

While recently meta started to be used interchangebly with gls, it is not. Reva not being a gl matters only in the sense of "but you told us gl's will be the end all, be all" or from investment perspective. She is the current most desirable "sale" toon

This game has gone through many metas and some were pretty amusing. At the end of the day none of the lore oriented concerns mattered in the past in the totality of this game. Cg makes a shallow coating/theme over things and that's good enough to get it going. Sometimes that coating is what they are specifically asked to do, sometimes randomly patched things for completion, sometimes old fan favorites. Whatever floats your boat.

It's fine for you to not care about competitiveness. But the game design will always roll around it. Hence the monies.

Yep, that's all about money at the very end, that's what I initially said😃
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    My opinion on why inquisitors are pushed: prolly disney demand, not sure. Either way they came at a time where cg started to push whatever most recent stuff through conquest, tb, gc where the early pack buyers have advantage. They are very consistently doing this and it'll keep happening with other new things as well. If the current plethora of game modes existed say 3 years ago, you'd be saying why x-y-z is being specifically pushed. It's hard to conclude the devs are secretly inquisitor fans or OR fans. They just keep dipping into different frontiers to alleviate the underlying mundanity and satisfy the "higher numbers" demand.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    It would be nice if we could discuss kits and their synergies in kit reveal threads.... I know it's a lot to ask, but geeze....
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited May 2023

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

Except the money coming from swgoh meta unrelated sw things popularity. This ship will print money in spades.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member

From the Road Ahead:

w3gm4f6l8xu2.png

6w2jzyxntp0t.png

This one

Except the money coming from swgoh meta unrelated sw things popularity. This ship will print money in spades.

My statement about money and popularity was specifically about GL's and their requirement. And GL's generate meta.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Some people like rebels, Some people like SIth, Some people like resitance, some people like droids,,,,, None of it matters without requirements and synergy.....

This is a kit reveal thread and, as such, we should be talking about the kit and it's synergies.... If folks are lore junkies etc, and they dont like that a sith is piloting a sith ship in a sith fleet, then they should start their own thread in the feedback section..... That is what it is for....
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    If you divide people here on those, who cares about characters, and those who cares about numbers this characters set to fly on the screen, the second once are easier to please - just make character hit big numbers and people are happy.
    Forewarning: I have no idea where you are at in terms of roster development, and I apologise if my assumption is wrong, but I think as a non-endgame player, you are unaware of a 3rd category.

When Dagger was released, and indeed when any new character / ship is released, I would estimate there are 5000+ players who already have every other character / ship farmed (or farming in progress, at least) and will automatically want to farm the new thing - and not merely because they are lore devotees or because they “care about numbers” (it’s quite obvious you consider one category as having more merit than the other).

This game is a collection game, and there are many of us who have already collected everything so will automatically pursue the thing we don’t have.

I don’t understand anyone who uses their own personal feelings regarding lore to dictate their farming priorities - but I respect their right to do that. There can be no doubt, however, that players who want to “succeed” at this game park their lore-based feelings at the door when they come in.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    If you divide people here on those, who cares about characters, and those who cares about numbers this characters set to fly on the screen, the second once are easier to please - just make character hit big numbers and people are happy.
    Forewarning: I have no idea where you are at in terms of roster development, and I apologise if my assumption is wrong, but I think as a non-endgame player, you are unaware of a 3rd category.

I don’t understand anyone who uses their own personal feelings regarding lore to dictate their farming priorities - but I respect their right to do that. There can be no doubt, however, that players who want to “succeed” at this game park their lore-based feelings at the door when they come in.

Exactly this.....
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member

When Dagger was released, and indeed when any new character / ship is released, I would estimate there are 5000+ players who already have every other character / ship farmed (or farming in progress, at least) and will automatically want to farm the new thing - and not merely because they are lore devotees or because they “care about numbers” (it’s quite obvious you consider one category as having more merit than the other).

This game is a collection game, and there are many of us who have already collected everything so will automatically pursue the thing we don’t have.

Yup. Obi Wan sliced three people into two pieces in the movies, and didn’t kill one of them. I don’t get mad that the game still gave him a light saber to fight with.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member

So this category is the easiet to please - just release anything new.
    Though I presume that from the side of GL's ability to generate money this category can be summed with one of the other mentioned
    But I also should admit that I have some problem with this particular part of the discussion, because I have feeling that my original statement (about GL's) was torn away from context and used to create another statement that was again torn away from context, and again and now I don't understand what that all has to do with Bo and Kenobie...
    I don’t understand anyone who uses their own personal feelings regarding lore to dictate their farming priorities
    And why not? This game is about star wars and collecting characters. So, I play it for collecting characters. And I set goal to collect characters I want to collect, because why should I collect things I don't want to? That is what keeping me playing. Otherwise I would have dropped that game ages ago.
    I believe that games (mobile, single, mmo) are played to have fun. If game not generating fun it should not be wasted time on. And everyone has their own definition of what "fun" is🙂
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Though I presume that from the side of GL's ability to generate money this category can be summed with one of the other mentioned
    But I also should admit that I have some problem with this particular part of the discussion, because I have feeling that my original statement (about GL's) was torn away from context and used to create another statement that was again torn away from context, and again and now I don't understand what that all has to do with Bo and Kenobie...
    I don’t understand anyone who uses their own personal feelings regarding lore to dictate their farming priorities
    And why not? This game is about star wars and collecting characters. So, I play it for collecting characters. And I set goal to collect characters I want to collect, because why should I collect things I don't want to? That is what keeping me playing. Otherwise I would have dropped that game ages ago.
    I believe that games (mobile, single, mmo) are played to have fun. If game not generating fun it should not be wasted time on. And everyone has their own definition of what "fun" is🙂

Then if you don't like this or any character/ship don't collect it. Play it on your terms and have your fun. What does it have to do with the rest of us? i.e. I play the game as a competetive turn based squad tactics game and enjoy it as such.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member

Then if you don't like this or any character/ship don't collect it. Play it on your terms and have your fun. What does it have to do with the rest of us? i.e. I play the game as a competetive turn based squad tactics game and enjoy it as such.

And this I have already commented at least one, or even two times, so probably won't repeat third time too🙂
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

And this I have already commented at least one, or even two times, so probably won't repeat third time too🙂

Yeah, that you will also "collect" it. 0+0=0
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member

Yeah, that you will also "collect" it. 0+0=0

That I would be very happy, then instead of 1 ship there would have been 2: 1 FO for Finalizer, 1 SE for Leviathan. Instead of 1 that is neither here nor there. And that cannot be used with 2 capships simultaneously anyway.
    I thought that people who cares only about competitiveness and don't care how ship is looking (and who is the pilot) shouldn't have any problem with wether it is a FO ship piloted by FO pilot or that is a SE ship piloted, lets say, by Sith Empire Trooper. (Or spacecrab piloted by monkeylizard idk). As long as the ship is competatilive there should be no problem
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    So the kit is interesting huh?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    So the kit is interesting huh?

I see lots of stuff in it to counter Profundity, but not so much against Executor. I wonder if FO fleets will now be able to take on prof with this?
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Actually, there's plenty of anti-exec isn't there?

All of the crit hit parts of the kit don't work against prof (cargo ships, at least), but do against exec. While the out of turn attack part is clearly anti-rebel.

For exec, debuffs adding vengeance stacks will reach 15 every couple of turns, then with vulnerable, stacked offence + crit damage and ignoring protection this guy could take down hounds tooth pretty easily, I guess. The ignoring protection means Y-wing falls apart very easily too.

Wait, does this ship move first order up into being a standard counter for both of the meta fleets?
  • Actually, there's plenty of anti-exec isn't there?

All of the crit hit parts of the kit don't work against prof (cargo ships, at least), but do against exec. While the out of turn attack part is clearly anti-rebel.

For exec, debuffs adding vengeance stacks will reach 15 every couple of turns, then with vulnerable, stacked offence + crit damage and ignoring protection this guy could take down hounds tooth pretty easily, I guess. The ignoring protection means Y-wing falls apart very easily too.

Wait, does this ship move first order up into being a standard counter for both of the meta fleets?

With defiance for oot attacks it looks strong against prof, but how does the rest of that team stack up against profundity? It might not do much more for exec, as the debuffs are only counted when on sith allies.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Actually, there's plenty of anti-exec isn't there?

With defiance for oot attacks it looks strong against prof, but how does the rest of that team stack up against profundity? It might not do much more for exec, as the debuffs are only counted when on sith allies.

Ah yes, true. I did not read carefully enough. The ignore protection part of the vengeance is only with a sith cap ship too. But first order can already counter exec, right? Or did that get changed in those early exec protecting change they did? This would make that counter better, surely.