Proving Grounds - Malgus Mechanic Question

Thynexlv
11 posts Member
edited May 2023
Good evening fellow Heros of the Holotable :smile:

Extremely sorry for the bother, I just hope someone might be able to shed some light on one of the Malgus mechanics for me... first time forum writer, long time reader here.

I know there is a mechanic that when you defeat another of his sith allies.. he regains health / protection and get's stronger. It took me to my 300th battle to have the RNG which let me defeat DR & Talon, and had Malgus down to where I actually had a shot of winning. I used ONLY direct attacks (No AOE) to ensure I didn't kill either of Assassin or Darth Bastilla.. but when I killed Malgus he popped back to full health.

I was just wondering.. do you have to kill Malgus through 2 times to win? 3? Is it a skill he uses?

If so... I will just quit now. The one time through was mission impossible enough.

I appreciate the insight if any
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• He doesn't have to be killed twice, at least in my experience. Today I used SEE with Savage, malak, Bastillia and Darth Revan. linked Malgus and Bastillia, killed DR first, than Assassin, SEE used ultimate to wipe out Malgus and Bastillia. I had SEE and Malak left against Talon. Talon killed Malak than SEE killed Talon.
  • Thynexlv
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    rickertron wrote: »
    He doesn't have to be killed twice, at least in my experience. Today I used SEE with Savage, malak, Bastillia and Darth Revan. linked Malgus and Bastillia, killed DR first, than Assassin, SEE used ultimate to wipe out Malgus and Bastillia. I had SEE and Malak left against Talon. Talon killed Malak than SEE killed Talon.

In my case this was not the case.

He went back to full health on my killing blow. I don't have SEE.. nor would I like to have to farm him to unlock Malgus when I'm 200/330..

I used direct attacks - Assassin and Bastilla were both still at 20/30% when I landed killing blow.. and when I killed Malgus they were the same and he was back up strong as before.

Edit: Malgus also had deathmark.. preventing revive?
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    The event has the Galactic Challenge modifier, which among other things heals the enemy Sith when one of their allies dies.
  • It's Talon's unique and it doesn't revive the leader, but it does grant the leader full health and protection if they were going to be defeated.
  • RedrumCompost
    86 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    My kill order was: Revan (cause of deathmark), sith assassin, bastila, talon and malgus last and didn't have any issues. Talon was dead first?
  • My kill order was: Revan (cause of deathmark), sith assassin, bastila, talon and malgus last and didn't have any issues. Talon was dead first?

Talon wasn't first - but she was second. My order went: Darth Revan -> Talon -> Malgus -> Last 2 Sith.

Does that factor in?