Farming Plan for New Players

One of the the best things you can do as a new player is to make a plan
Here's my plan
Farm Phoenix and Make them good
unlock 7 star thrawn and Palpatine, by that time you will probably have vader
farm any other 2 imperials (I used Moff Gideon and Grand Moff Tarkin)
Then you unlock R2D2
Use R2D2, Princess Leia, Luke (farmboy), Old Ben, and Stormtrooper Han to Get
COMMANDER LUKE SKYWALKER
Now you have a good rebel team, a good empire team and a good phoenix team
That should be a good enough team for light side battles normal completion
Now you have Kanan Ezra and Old Ben you can probably unlock yoda

Replies

• Thank you, am playing for about 20 days and had no clue what to aim for until I saw your post.

I was aiming to unlock Grand Master Yoda first, now am stuck at level 5 cuz I need one more star on Jedi Knight Anakin and Jedi Consul.

Now I dont have any of the Phoenix team, so I wanted to ask how long it takes to make them strong enough to unlock Gran admiral Thrawn
  • I am currently a year into this game. Look up on youtube F2Ppadwan. This is the guide I followed. Yes, some info is outdated. However, I believe the beginning is still very powerful and will get you high ranking fleet rewards which is the most important currency in the game.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • just unlocked Thrawn, Yoda and Palpatine how to build those guys with the modifier stuff ?

Palpatine is full Potency ?

• L1feless wrote: »
    just unlocked Thrawn, Yoda and Palpatine how to build those guys with the modifier stuff ?

You can find suggestions on swgoh.gg for each character
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/best-mods/
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
    just unlocked Thrawn, Yoda and Palpatine how to build those guys with the modifier stuff ?

You can find suggestions on swgoh.gg for each character
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/best-mods/

thanks mate! I will check that =)
  • So I unlocked Yoda, Palpatine and Thrawn, but I have no clue what to do with them xD

What do I need to make Thrawn good ? he need allies ? he must be leader or its a good character regardless the leader ?

same question for Palpatine and Yoda

thanks in advance :blush:
  • F2Paccount
    75 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Hello L1feless,

I am fairly new myself (1 Year in). Anytime I need info about a unit (Mods, Team Comps, Usage) I use the website SWGOH.GG. This is a fantastic site that gives you tons of information on units as well as what teams they fit.

Hope this helps you.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Ezra, Kana, Old Ben, Ahsoka, Mace are an easy way to get Yoda unlocked quickly & have in other events.
    That said, to make Yoda shine, you want him to be under Bastila at first then Revan.
    So while the 5 above Jedi are easy to farm & useful for multiple events, they don't make the "Yoda" team.
    You'll want to be farming the Revan Jedi requirements on the side as well.

Palpatine/Thrawn........ Both easily farmed w/ Phoenix.
    Put the in the same team together.
    Add Vader & Tarkin.
    5th could be any of the following.......
    TIE Pilot (For early Ships & useful against the R2 Event)
    Royal Guard (Can tank, is free from Bronziums, & is needed for Lord Vader one day)
    Snow Trooper (Also Free from Bronziums, useful on either a Veers or Iden troopers team)
    Storm Trooper (Also Free from Bronziums, can Tank, not used much but can be under Veers or Iden in a pinch)

My 5th was TIE Pilot because this was pre-Geo's being so good on the ground so I skipped their ships.
    Now days on a new account I'd probably do RG or Snow.
  • L1feless
    7 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Ezra, Kana, Old Ben, Ahsoka, Mace are an easy way to get Yoda unlocked quickly & have in other events.
    That said, to make Yoda shine, you want him to be under Bastila at first then Revan.
    So while the 5 above Jedi are easy to farm & useful for multiple events, they don't make the "Yoda" team.
    You'll want to be farming the Revan Jedi requirements on the side as well.

Palpatine/Thrawn........ Both easily farmed w/ Phoenix.
    Put the in the same team together.
    Add Vader & Tarkin.
    5th could be any of the following.......
    TIE Pilot (For early Ships & useful against the R2 Event)
    Royal Guard (Can tank, is free from Bronziums, & is needed for Lord Vader one day)
    Snow Trooper (Also Free from Bronziums, useful on either a Veers or Iden troopers team)
    Storm Trooper (Also Free from Bronziums, can Tank, not used much but can be under Veers or Iden in a pinch)

My 5th was TIE Pilot because this was pre-Geo's being so good on the ground so I skipped their ships.
    Now days on a new account I'd probably do RG or Snow.

Pretty nice info, my light side team (phoenix) is strong enough to do the content i've unlocked so far, just waiting to hit lvl 74 to keep going on the light side path.

On the dark side is where am struggling, on my guild just got a nice hint, and is it to get Mara Jade, hand of the emperor on the palpatine team.

now I will start to farm Bastila too.

on the Bar now am farming Kylo Ren (the masked one)
  • Mara is really good.
    I just don't think of her as a "new player" character since she will be 100% Farm (nothing free) and is a fairly slow farm.
    She is also required for StarKiller event. So not at all a bad option. Just going to be a bit slow.
    Probably less useful in the short term to Open R2 but will rock long term once she is part of a full 7* team.

Un-Masked Kylo is a great early character, can Tank for Palp easy enough & comes in the same node as his ship which is very useful to have up at 4+* by the time you open fleet at L60.

Masked Kylo? Meh, he's good, but I waited on him till I was ready to push for SLKR as my first GL.
  • Mara is really good.
    I just don't think of her as a "new player" character since she will be 100% Farm (nothing free) and is a fairly slow farm.
    She is also required for StarKiller event. So not at all a bad option. Just going to be a bit slow.
    Probably less useful in the short term to Open R2 but will rock long term once she is part of a full 7* team.

Un-Masked Kylo is a great early character, can Tank for Palp easy enough & comes in the same node as his ship which is very useful to have up at 4+* by the time you open fleet at L60.

Masked Kylo? Meh, he's good, but I waited on him till I was ready to push for SLKR as my first GL.

thanks for the advice!
    somehow I forgot about aiming for CLSW

going for moff gideon and Tarkin to get R2

Now my questions are on Fleet arena: whats the best team to aim on that feature ?
    Just saw the top 10 and 9 out 10 have 2 separatist and Bossk
    they are all at least gear 9 or better, so how impactfull is to gear the pilots ?
    I should invest on them over the rest ?
  • F2Paccount
    75 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Usually, the teams that people start farming as soon as possible is the 3 geo's that have ships as well as buying their ships any time you see them (SunFac, Soldier, Spy) - People also spend some cash to get Bosk & his ship as soon as possible as his ship is one of the most important ships you will ever have. (Hyperdrive Bundle + Bossk Ship/Character Packs)

If you want to do extremely well, try getting into a good guild that gives you great guild currency so that you can buy the Negotiator or the Malevolence (I personally went with Mal, unlocked it to 5, then worked on Negotiator and taking it to 7*). This would also mean you would have to farm the correct ships that work the best with each Capital Ship (This is an extremely long process but was well worth it)

Also, aiming for the Executor is a sure fire way to keep you in the top ranks (Currently sitting 3rd rank at the moment with Executor in my fleet pod).

Ships is an extremely boring process to farm, however, the rewards are the MOST IMPORTANT reward for you to fund and accelerate your account. (This is my opinion)
    Now my questions are on Fleet arena: whats the best team to aim on that feature ?
    Just saw the top 10 and 9 out 10 have 2 separatist and Bossk
    they are all at least gear 9 or better, so how impactfull is to gear the pilots ?
    I should invest on them over the rest ?

F2P named off 4 of the best ships you can get at your level.

The 3 Geos + Bossk are a must for a DS Fleet under Tarkin early game.

A good 5th ship, as I mentioned in TIE Silencer in the same node as Kylo-U

You want to focus DS early in fleet because that event opens up Zeta mats 3x a week so getting those open sooner is better.
    Once you have that event maxed & are simming 6 Zetas each week, then you can focus on LS under Ackbar.

Other DS Ships you'll want to look at are the rest of the BH, anything Crewless (TIE Bomber, Hyena Bomber, Vulture) or anything that is a req for a later event.
    Really, I can't think of a single DS ship that isn't a must have at some point.
    Last place is probably Sith Assassin fighter but even that one has use now that its a Req for the newest coming ship for D.Revan.

Key is getting 7 of them up & running asap under Tarkin to max him & then from their spreading out to properly fill out the various DS Cap ships that you'll open up with added Empire, FO, Sep, & BH ships.

Don't bother investing in Mace ship at all.
    Just do his event w/ whatever rebel ships your using under Ackbar.

• Thank you guys, you rock!

I will come back later when I reach the aforementioned stage of the game :smiley:
    Thank you guys, you rock!

I will come back later when I reach the aforementioned stage of the game :smiley:

Good luck out there. Just remember, have fun. This is a long and lengthy process. You will eventually get there if you continue to grind!

I look forward to hearing about your progress!