No June daily webstore pack

1235Next

Replies

• LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    lmsenor wrote: »
    i´m tired to enter into webstore for nothing, next step, uninstall game... tired, so tired....

You are going to quit a free game because they removed free stuff from their daily webstore that was only around the past few months? :|
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I get the uproar. But I also understand from a BUSINESS perspective.

CG does NOT have to give out free stuff everyday. Let's first be thankful for everything they have given us over these past couple of months for free. I genuinely appreciate what they gave us and will continue to look in the web store if they decide to pop open a new monthly free pack.

I cannot complain as I have not bought anything from their store nor their game. So anything they would like to give for free is much appreciated but I don't expect it from them.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Derdhal
    22 posts Member
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    CG does NOT have to give out free stuff everyday.

Of course, but they should have said something about it. And days go by and they still say nothing.
  • Derdhal wrote: »

Of course, but they should have said something about it. And days go by and they still say nothing.

You are absolutely correct. Being transparent is key.

I also remember a month where the daily free web store came late. Which they gave an apology pack for it. May happen again? Who knows.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Derdhal wrote: »

I also remember a month where the daily free web store came late. Which they gave an apology pack for it. May happen again? Who knows.

just to clarify, it actually ran out early rather than coming late (it disappeared after 25 days)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

• TVF wrote: »

just to clarify, it actually ran out early rather than coming late (it disappeared after 25 days)

I could have sworn it was because they were late as well. I could be wrong though. I trust you are correct.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I could have sworn it was because they were late as well. I could be wrong though. I trust you are correct.

you can trust me, i'm not f2p
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Profit wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    This has gotten ridiculous now. If they were going to remove it, fine. If they decided f*** the players, we don’t need to give them advance warning it’s an **** move but whatever. The fact that they can’t even be bothered to address the many people asking about it is over the top. Customer service has always been iffy at CG but this is a new low for them.

How is it doing anything to players? It was free stuff for a few months and it went away. No big deal. I personally dont need CG telling me it went away. I can see with me own eyes it is over.

False advertising annoys people

What false advertising?

The one everyone made up in their heads.

It's not made up:

"EXCLUSIVE ONLINE MYSTERY CHEST
    Visit every day to claim your free daily Exclusive Online Mystery Chest with a variety of energies, currencies and materials!"

Where does it say it won't ever go away?

Every day? :)

We both know that's not really how it works, but ok.

We also both know that if something is valid until further notice, people get upset if the terms are changed without notice.

Sure, I never said otherwise.

Doesn't make it false advertising.

Doesn't matter if it is, if it is perceived as such people get annoyed. Which was what I replied to.

I'm annoyed it went away, I expect it to come back as there is no clear indication that "this is it". But at no point I assumed it's a given I will have it and I'm owed the freebie.
  • Screerider
    1357 posts Member
    So I just went to https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news and it says "New Web Store – Claim Your Daily Gift". I can't find it.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    So I just went to https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news and it says "New Web Store – Claim Your Daily Gift". I can't find it.

If only that was updated more than once a year
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Im missing the word "entitled" somehow
  • Did they eliminate the rewards in the online store altogether now? I was getting them daily, ans all of June has had nothing. Before I was buying stuff from the online store, too, but now there is no reason to even check the online store.
  • I haven't seen a new daily gift in days; what's up?
  • The devs pulled them until enough forum threads asking the same question are created
  • Well from what it looks like CG will not be removing their heads from the sand regarding this issue.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Well from what it looks like CG will not be removing their heads from the sand regarding this issue.

Don't see an issue.... At best, they should remove the free pack message and folks should stop expecting to get one....
  • I can’t even access the webstore anymore.
  • Kayem
    9 posts Member
    Interesting, class warfare comes to a simple question.

Responses to some of this:

As long as I have played this game there have always been two calendars. The "bonus" calendar was moved to the webstore to bring more people to it.

Yes, it was/is advertised as a free mystery chest daily, and it not being there is, in fact, false advertising. (Brush up on your law.) I'm not sure it would be worth a lawsuit, as 30% of mystery chests would not be worth much.

"Freeloader" is a term I haven't seen in some time, usually used by people who didn't pay for their meal, but don't like "the lower classes" eating. It is supposed to refer to a person who mooches off of those who do pay, and have to share a portion of their own, thus sacrificing to those unwilling or unable to use their own resources for the same. That clearly isn't the case here. I didn't get half of your hyperdrive bundle; I just didn't buy one and you did.

F2P is a red herring, meaning irrelevant to the question, as the rewards go equally for logging in, regardless of what you buy on here. If you want to pay, you get more. That doesn't answer the question as to why the June mystery chest is gone. It has nothing to do with the question at all. Arguing that point is moot, only serves to expose those who will argue it as utterly ignorant of the most basic principles of logic and debate.

On F2P, it is built into the structure of the game, which itself is an advertisement for the Star Wars franchise. Not only would the game not function without the F2P components, but it required F2P to get off the ground, to attract players who would pay, and to keep enough support for players who do pay.

No, I'm not going to pay. It is an interesting piece of trivial nostalgia as a person who has paid for tickets and popcorn since the very first movie, when people smoked in theaters and cheered when Vader appeared, and has paid for video games, collectables, dvds, streaming subscriptions...ever since.

In that sense, those writing on here are "freeloaders" as it was my dime that made the franchise take off, by the definition of "freeloader" used on here.

On F2P, it is built into the very structure of the game.
  • I say just be patient, I’ve seen the delay before couple months ago and then it showed back up…

I want to know where the $ 9.99 full gear 12 pieces are, they did the double for $14.99, but not the individual for $9.99, … I buy those ones because of value and time and I know what I get and need, … what the heck happened to the + 20% crystals during May the 4th month? I didn’t see it on higher crystal packs, only lower ones and that’s a nice crystal boost on higher packs. I’m not f2p, but not a whale either, I’m in the middle… buy the packs that make sense for my play and not just anything and everything… so little bit here and there when it benefits my roster or character chase at that moment.

Also, Why is there no Galactic Challenge on the calendar past the current one for beginning of June 2023? Come on EA , don’t be slippin or the game gets boring during lulls between events, GAC, conquest, TB, TW, galactic challenges, raids… gotta keep the masses engaged!! Even the little and middle guys can only collect so many shards per day with couple refreshes… sometimes I want to start over for the excitement of unlocking Boba Fett or Vader or Yoda!! Those were great days, nostalgic… now it’s grind grind grind… do more for the middle and lower players to excite them and keep them logging in!! Or create an in-game flight simulator to play during lulls between events/raids… I want to fly a Firespray, or Tie fighter, or x-wing, or a modified Corellian light freighter in battle or on a Kessel Run… keep the masses engaged… how about holographic chess??? Let the wookie win!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    RaizoFett wrote: »
    I say just be patient, I’ve seen the delay before couple months ago and then it showed back up…

Different issue.
  • I was talking about the free mystery chest in the online store. I have seen this before a few months ago, the first week or week and a half there was no mystery pack when I went to the online store and then it showed back up… so be patient and just keep checking back.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I was talking about the free mystery chest in the online store. I have seen this before a few months ago, the first week or week and a half there was no mystery pack when I went to the online store and then it showed back up… so be patient and just keep checking back.

One sec... Let me put one in there for you.... OK, done... Go check now!
  • And look at that, the free mystery chest is back in store now!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I was talking about the free mystery chest in the online store. I have seen this before a few months ago, the first week or week and a half there was no mystery pack when I went to the online store and then it showed back up… so be patient and just keep checking back.

I enjoyed this magic trick ngl
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I enjoyed this magic trick ngl

I'm glad someone enjoyed it... Due to this positive feedback I will repeat the trick tomorrow :)
  • Kayem
    9 posts Member
    Yep, the mystery chest is back.

It was clearly some sort of glitch.

Hey, I am with the person who talked about the raids being screwed up, which the programmers are working on.

Missing out on a few raid crates doesn't matter to those who have been here for a while, but in the guilds, where newer players join a guild like ours, mid range, that can always complete the Sith raid, the crate is a lot of stuff.

And we like our newer players because they play, rather than the ones that won't even start a territory war, or improve their teams.

Not having the "freebies" does affect morale with newer players. That affects the entire game.

For us, missing a few here and there isn't a big deal, but it does add up, whether you pay for bad odds or not. For lower levels, it is a big deal.

I would like for starters, early game, to be able to get strong faster, so they will participate more.
  • I think it was deliberate because the free shard options are all required for Leviathan - Didn't screen shot but saw Maul, Bastila, 50R-T, Carth and T3 (Ebon Hawk), Sith Assassin (?)
  • Mohrg
    199 posts Member
    YodasAdoy wrote: »
    I think it was deliberate because the free shard options are all required for Leviathan - Didn't screen shot but saw Maul, Bastila, 50R-T, Carth and T3 (Ebon Hawk), Sith Assassin (?)

definitely, at a guess the leviathan reveals are a week or so behind schedule so they just held off on releasing the pack.