Do some gain under new rewards format?

Most of the analysis is rightfully focused on reward changes if you do the krayt dragon now. However, there were many guilds who previously could not complete the cpit raid, so their only rewards previously were pit, tank, and hstr. I’ve seen various different analysis on here and Reddit that use different assumptions, but they all seem to lump cpit rewards in when doing comparison. From looking at these it seems like those who were only able to complete up to hstr previously, and can still complete hstr may actually have a rewards increase? Can someone please post either an analysis that just limits to pit, tank, and hstr vs hstr now, or please post a breakdown of what the simmed rewards were for pit and tank, and what the 10th place rewards for Sith were? Much appreciated.

Replies

• IMO (admittedly with nothing more than anecdotal data to support it) I think I've lost in total rewards but I think it's offset by picking the rewards that I need/want.

I really think the pendulum swung towards parity with the old raid rewards when they moved the character shards - that is a gigantic win for early players. The cost of those shards is amazing and the massive increase in farming those shards leads to quicker access to gear farming with guild currency.

The option to pick the rewards you need right now, and in bulk, is a win for all players.

From posts I've seen here and other places, I think the late-game players that can clear a ton of the raid are better off too. Dont know, because thats not me or my guild.

The only real loss to all players that I see is the credits and I hope that gets balanced in the future.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    IMO (admittedly with nothing more than anecdotal data to support it) I think I've lost in total rewards but I think it's offset by picking the rewards that I need/want.

I really think the pendulum swung towards parity with the old raid rewards when they moved the character shards - that is a gigantic win for early players. The cost of those shards is amazing and the massive increase in farming those shards leads to quicker access to gear farming with guild currency.

The option to pick the rewards you need right now, and in bulk, is a win for all players.

From posts I've seen here and other places, I think the late-game players that can clear a ton of the raid are better off too. Dont know, because thats not me or my guild.

The only real loss to all players that I see is the credits and I hope that gets balanced in the future.

The credits aren't a loss, you just have to forgoe a little bit of the gear - 625MK1 for 1M credits is...not expensive at all.
  • StewartH
    149 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm assuming credits are still a massive bottleneck for early/mid game players. Having to choose between gear and credits isn't an ideal situation compared to how it was before Krayt.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You'd have to compare it to

(a) how much gear they were getting before and
    (b) factor in the power of choice for the gear
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    IMO (admittedly with nothing more than anecdotal data to support it) I think I've lost in total rewards but I think it's offset by picking the rewards that I need/want.

I have no idea if i am getting less rewards...it FEELS i am getting more, as i can choose the gear i need. In the long run i am not sure...didnt do the math, and not even sure what numbers to look up...
    As to credits...i was gaining more than i could spend...and still think i am, albeit more slowly...