Obnoxious challenges are back again

Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited June 2023
Like why fo I have to attempt this battle 25 times just to get the clunky mechanics to work, attempt to land 30 stuns, the enemy starts with 20% hp and protection, and GG kills them all by taking 2 turns. Cant keep track of how many stuns I have landed/attempted so cant even tell if its ready to have the game end before GG just nukes everyone. Either add feat counter or stop this madness
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• This one was pretty irritating for sure. I ended up using 3rd sister lead, Malak, Dooku, Palp and Wat. Make sure to use the event special fast or you can lose characters fast. I got it down to just GG vs 3rd sister, Dooku and Malak and just kept passing the baton to Dooku for basics by using the event special on the other two. Worked well. Then when you think you have enough stun attempts suck GG dry with Malak.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    This one was pretty irritating for sure. I ended up using 3rd sister lead, Malak, Dooku, Palp and Wat. Make sure to use the event special fast or you can lose characters fast. I got it down to just GG vs 3rd sister, Dooku and Malak and just kept passing the baton to Dooku for basics by using the event special on the other two. Worked well. Then when you think you have enough stun attempts suck GG dry with Malak.

Using Reva lead? Oh my what relatable advice for the 0.01% of players who have her unlocked.

For the rest of us we'll have to wait on BitDynasty to suffer for our sins of wanting more than silver crate since the devs clearly didn't even try this event once to realize 30 stuns is absurd given the low health figures and the propensity of GG to kill his own team.
  • You can pretty easily get 30 stuns vs DDK while it is in Damage Immunity using Ten Down.

You can do it loop it with standard CLS until you have enough then dispel and kill it.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    EP, Mara, Thrawn, Malak and Wat doing the job B)

Just take care that Malak and MJ survive to the endgame vs GG, and then count until you have the 30. Malak and MJ with their first special can land stun, and Malak with his lifedrain will end the battle if there are enough stuns :D
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    In fact, Palp + Malak + whatever helps kill/control anyone but Grievous do the 30 stun job easily (I used Thrawn+JKL+Gideon). Stack event ability on Malak, allow GG to stack it too, and eventually it turns into Malak vs GG, with GG crit-Fear-Malak Stun-Repeat cycle with Life Drain in the end.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Hortus wrote: »
    In fact, Palp + Malak + whatever helps kill/control anyone but Grievous do the 30 stun job easily

This has not been my experience. A dozen or so tries with the EP team and can't get there.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    In fact, Palp + Malak + whatever helps kill/control anyone but Grievous do the 30 stun job easily

This has not been my experience. A dozen or so tries with the EP team and can't get there.

I finally did it by refraining to use Mara's stun after the first time, so she doesn't kill anyone and trigger Grievous' bonus turn. Then I spammed tm on Palp so he could get more group stuns in faster. I also got a group stun in with Luke. I used a fast Dooku to get two stuns off the bat and a couple more individual ones. I ended up with 34 (got a couple insurance stuns in incase my count was off).

I don't know about this controlling Grievous business...he just dies well before 30 stuns with that method. I'm not sure how you're supposed to "allow" him to gain stacks... he dies before he can use that ability. Malak's stun only works if the target is already shocked or feared.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    crzydroid wrote: »

I finally did it by refraining to use Mara's stun after the first time, so she doesn't kill anyone and trigger Grievous' bonus turn. Then I spammed tm on Palp so he could get more group stuns in faster. I also got a group stun in with Luke. I used a fast Dooku to get two stuns off the bat and a couple more individual ones. I ended up with 34 (got a couple insurance stuns in incase my count was off).

I don't know about this controlling Grievous business...he just dies well before 30 stuns with that method. I'm not sure how you're supposed to "allow" him to gain stacks... he dies before he can use that ability. Malak's stun only works if the target is already shocked or feared.

No need to control GG, he may freely kill all the team but Malak after landing initial mass stuns, then he essentially controls himself by hitting Malak and get feared, which immediately allows Malak to land stun.
    Honestly, I can't see what exactly can go wrong here except killing GG too fast with high relic teams. But it's pretty simple just not focus him since there are other targets available (especially DT who need to be "killed" several times).
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

No need to control GG, he may freely kill all the team but Malak after landing initial mass stuns, then he essentially controls himself by hitting Malak and get feared, which immediately allows Malak to land stun.
    Honestly, I can't see what exactly can go wrong here except killing GG too fast with high relic teams. But it's pretty simple just not focus him since there are other targets available (especially DT who need to be "killed" several times).

Ah ha, so if you kill someone else so he kills everyone but Malak it works. Takes a while, but seems to be effective.

Reminds me of when people called them "Malaktic Challenges" because Malak seemed to be the key to getting all the feats.
  • Tried both the CLS (wasn't gaining enough TM to continually stun the damage immune DDK) and the EP Mara Malak team, where my R7 Malak (even without stacks of siphon) was killing GG too fast. All my teams just seem to be doing too much damage.

It's really poor game design/an obvious lack of testing when your players feel like they have to remove mods, not have high relics in their team, etc just to 'power down' their squads to drag the battle out in order to be able to hit some arbitrarily high stun number.
  • Tried both the CLS (wasn't gaining enough TM to continually stun the damage immune DDK) and the EP Mara Malak team, where my R7 Malak (even without stacks of siphon) was killing GG too fast. All my teams just seem to be doing too much damage.

It's really poor game design/an obvious lack of testing when your players feel like they have to remove mods, not have high relics in their team, etc just to 'power down' their squads to drag the battle out in order to be able to hit some arbitrarily high stun number.

Try this team r9k95dn56tiv.jpg
  • I finally got it with EP Mara. Had to get into this loop with a damage immune DDK with enough tech on my guys to continually reduce TM and keep it from leaving damage immunity.cul1qb5cc0dn.png
  • EP mara thrawn RG and JKL got stuns easily.

Trench got seppie win easily.

Only hard one was three kills at once, got SEE to work though.

3 tries.
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    Thanks for all these, EP MJ Dooku Malak Thrawn did the trick for me on first attempt
  • JKL, KRU, Daka, Dooku and NS Zombie did it for me
  • Standard CLS team got both stun and crush them feats for me. Just don't use any dispel moves on droideka and you can let this go on as long as you need with the tm removal on the team and tenacity down from chewie basic. Chewpio aoe to clear the others out after a few counters had lowered their health a bit. Oh, killing gg asap with CLS ignore taunt, I almost forgot to mention.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Malak made this very easy for stuns
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Standard cls team does the stun challenge. Kill grievous, let droideka go invulnerable, then kill the rest and just auto basic for a while on droideka.
  • Standard cls team does the stun challenge. Kill grievous, let droideka go invulnerable, then kill the rest and just auto basic for a while on droideka.

This worked for me too. Thanks @Tialishoma241
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • HokieFiend wrote: »

Using Reva lead? Oh my what relatable advice for the 0.01% of players who have her unlocked.
    😎

About this i have no such Reva in my roster
    how to unlock her anyway?

I think i used the standard DS in this challenge Palp, DN, DV,GAT and KRU if i recall well.

The event challenges this month are repetitive , of the past or there are no new
    challenges or content that CG patched in.

• Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    HokieFiend wrote: »

😎

You can get her in the new TB, please correct me someone if I have it wrong, I think it was the 3rd planet on the neutral path (middle, LS and DS).

Edit for typo
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »

😎

You can get her in the new TB, please correct me someone if I have it wrong, I think it was the 3rd planet on the neutral path (middle, LS and DS).

Edit for typo

Also keep in that her in game name is "Third Sister"
  • Yup they just get worse, well folks use a team that attacks out of turn to kill a team that punishes you for attacking out of turn, lets go CG.

Anyways just use 501st for attack out of turn, or use FO with SLKR
  • Paploo can pretty much soak up the damage until the dots take out the jawas for you
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I just used Hutt Cartel and got all but the Ewok stuff first try on auto.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Yup they just get worse

The previous gc got better after the first post...
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH