Game getting stale for end game guilds?

LordDirt
4942 posts Member
Any other people in end game guilds getting a little tired of doing the same TB and raid over and over again? Crazy that CG creates multiple raids and TBs yet gears only one of each for end game guilds.

The new raid was cool but it is just one stage. Nothing changes, it is the same thing over and over again. At least with the Sith raid it was four different stages so it didnt get too old too quick.

The new TB was ok for awhile but now it is just a race to level your characters to R8 ASAP.

I really dont know what CG can do to help with the monotony of it all but doing these same things over and over again is getting old quick.
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• I do miss alternating between DS & LS Geo, now it's just the same RotE every other week
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • I do miss alternating between DS & LS Geo, now it's just the same RotE every other week

This honestly, doing the same exact TB every 2 weeks gets old extremely fast, back then when we were doing 1 of each light side dark side it never got boring since you waited one month to do the TB again and the next TB was different it helped from making the TB stale.

The new raid was cool for the first fight, until I realized there is no 2nd stage, he wont go into the mountain or anything like that, its the same 3 moves over and over, even Hsith wasnt stale even though I had been soloing (is that even a word? Lol) that whole raid since the day SLKR came out, I guess it was more fun becauae it was 4 different boss fights and each with their own unique battles.

Honestly they should rework the rote to make it light side dark side again and have us alternate between them and give them a theme, like its cool for the first time around where we go from clone wars to empire but it doesnt feel like an actual battlefield, where the other 4 TBs did feel that way, we were Empire during the Hoth battle and advancing towards the rebel base, or we were the Rebels pushing back the empire, it felt like an actual battlefield. Same goes for geos, it felt like we were replayjng the attack of the clones movie/animated series. Where Rote just feels like doing random battles all over the place with no rhythm or reason
  • Don't forget the 40 missions per conquest for a handful of squads to complete global feats
  • Tsfletch
    145 posts Member
    Their focus is on the new LOTR game. RotE gives you a grind to work on with useless toons like Lobot and Ug needing relics. Krayt looks to me like a half developed project that they just mailed it in on. More effort was put into the new currency system than the actual raid, it’s boring and repetitive. Look at the recent snafu with the webstore crates, zero communication. They didn’t even acknowledge that it happened. As long as the money keeps flowing the game will see a certain level of support but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for things to get better for end stage players. They’re counting on the lure of the Star Wars brand rather than innovation to keep people playing and paying.
  • Web store delay wasn’t a bug - they just didn’t want to give a sneak peak at the Leviathan requirements or the Leviathan requirements weren’t finalized yet.

Krayt raid is much better than the old raid system with multiple strategies required depending on what faction you are using. After the (needed) reward tweaks, the rewards are an improvement to what we were receiving before as well. I do believe they still need more incentives for the highest personal and guild crates as the rewards currently aren’t scaling with the requirement needs.
  • I was so sick of HSTR. I very much prefer Krayt. I get in, I do my damage, I get out - and I've got three days to get it done.

As for RotE - my guild is still alternating LSGeo and RotE so the repetitiveness hasn't been too terrible, but I can see how doing the same TB twice a month would get tiresome.

I feel like there's more coming for SWGoH though - over the past year they've added/updated/changed a whole lot and every time someone says, "oh they're just coasting now because their new baby is HoME" CG drops yet more new content or characters into the game. If anything, the pace of new things coming to the game has increased, not the other way around. That being the case, I would say give it some time and let's see what happens.

Maybe RotE is the next thing to get stale - maybe Krayt is - but LS Geo and CPit had gone stale a long, long time ago and we got something to replace them. Likewise TW has been stale for a long, long time (even before DCs came along imo) - so maybe that's next on the list to get some love.

At the moment I'm pretty preoccupied with Leviathan reqs to be too bothered by the shelf-life of any given game mode. There's plenty to do and plenty to work towards and that keeps me pretty content. Would I feel the same way if I had a 12m GP roster? Probably no. I don't know how to square that circle, but I certainly hope CG finds a way to keep those folks engaged. I'm not too far behind.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • OmegaIV
    104 posts Member
    There's just too much all at once. And now w Krayt raid every 2-3 days, it's taxing for sure.

In my opinion, do TB ONCE a month and just double the rewards. That way you have conquest for 2 weeks, and then a small break, and then TB for 6 days, then a break, then conquest again.

The issue with TB is that there are so many missions, and while some you can auto, most you can't.

There's a lot going on. Less is more.
  • Fortunately, my guild isn't too concerned with maxing tickets, so we get a day between Krayt raids atm. Sure, it will have a negative impact on my Leviathan farm, but I still have two characters I need to 7* so I'm not fussed about being a couple of months behind.

RotE is quite entertaining, I just wish the combat missions weren't so brutal (looking in particular at DS fleet missions) and offered better rewards. But I suppose there is more money to be made in requiring R7 Lograys and whatnot. Right now, we're on 29 stars and double digit Reva shards. Aiming for 30 next time, which will be pretty awesome at 400mil GP. For those who have maxed their star count and have Reva already, I can see it being rather tedious though.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Fortunately, my guild isn't too concerned with maxing tickets, so we get a day between Krayt raids atm. Sure, it will have a negative impact on my Leviathan farm, but I still have two characters I need to 7* so I'm not fussed about being a couple of months behind.

Sure glad my guild doesn't do this. Doing the raid once every three days is not a big deal at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I agree, yet hasn't this game always been the taco bell of mobile games? Just the same stuff mixed up in different combinations. Is TB really that different from conquest, or tw, or gac even?
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    TB is way different than conquest, yes.
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    More effort was put into the new currency system than the actual raid,
    This wouldn’t surprise me.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    The new raid shows plenty of effort
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    No argument there
  • LordDirt
    4942 posts Member
    New raid shows little effort to me. One stage, few attacks, minimal effort by CG.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    No argument there
  • TVF wrote: »
    Fortunately, my guild isn't too concerned with maxing tickets, so we get a day between Krayt raids atm. Sure, it will have a negative impact on my Leviathan farm, but I still have two characters I need to 7* so I'm not fussed about being a couple of months behind.

Sure glad my guild doesn't do this. Doing the raid once every three days is not a big deal at all.

It'll probably improve when the chase is over, but as it will take a couple of months to gather all the signal data and other stuff I need, it's not the worst thing in the world. Some are busy farming Jabba so we can reach the next guild crate anyway.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    No argument there

You just don't like to argue.
    No argument there

Can you predict what their response will be? Hahahaha

Is the game stale? I dunno. I'm 11 months retired now and not regretting it. It was stale when I quit, so I can't imagine with a new raid and a new TB it is even more stale now. I didn't quit because it was stale though; I quit because of datacrons and conquest.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Hopefully they add a sim option for the Krayt raid soon.
  • Can't argue with that
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    No argument there

tumblr_nzty47ne8x1r3f136o1_500.gif

• TVF
    36528 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    No argument there

Is the game stale? I dunno. I'm 11 months retired now and not regretting it. It was stale when I quit, so I can't imagine with a new raid and a new TB it is even more stale now. I didn't quit because it was stale though; I quit because of datacrons and conquest.

Forums still fresh as ever though, I guess.
    No argument there

11 months retired, but still on the forum, lol
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • @TVF @PrettyFly4QuiGuy what can I say other than I get bored? I'm still active in some discords so I try to keep up a little bit. I'm not where near as active as I once was LOL

But yeah, I'm sure I'll fade away from here soon too.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Hopefully they add a sim option for the Krayt raid soon.

I doubt it, they will add another "key" raid
  • I don't know if my guild is "end game" or not; we are not maxing the new raid nor the stars in ROTE but we are a top 20 in TW and do really well in ROTE earning 36 to 37 stars now.
    We are struggling with people putting time into the new raid. I struggle with putting the time in. Our rosters are not five r8 squads but most of us post a 2.7m Jabba run within a few hours of launch, then work our way up to the next individual crate.
    Until everyone in the guild commits to the time, we will not make the next guild crate we could theoretically earn based on rosters potential. That's the burn out, running the same squad several times to max at the individual predicted potential level of 1.2 or whatever. I expect some move mods around, most of us I bet do not.
    I know I spent a solid three hours on the couch the other night slugging out Phase 1 of ROTE, Day 1 on Conquest (all of Sector 1 battles), a squad battle, fleet battles and farming the Mark VI.
    My wife was less than thrilled with my individual achievements.