New episode of 'Fear the Walking Dead'.

So far so good B)

Replies

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Until the humans appeared in the end...
  • I found it bad, as in really bad. The beach scene, the radio scene, the drifters scene. If people really took that long for their survival instincts to kick in, we'd have no wars, no conflicts. That is, if humans weren't extinct already.

How does a shuffling, noisy zombie even surprise someone on a wide open beach? Teleports? I can't even surprise anyone properly inside a room!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    I found it bad, as in really bad. The beach scene, the radio scene, the drifters scene. If people really took that long for their survival instincts to kick in, we'd have no wars, no conflicts. That is, if humans weren't extinct already.

How does a shuffling, noisy zombie even surprise someone on a wide open beach? Teleports? I can't even surprise anyone properly inside a room!

Movie cliches, lol xD
    Like when you watch a horror movie and the protagonists are being hunted, you are 100% sure someone will trip and fall down.
  • @CPMP, yeah but you usually see those cliches on B horror movies. This is supposed to be a front lining series. Also, it can be argued tripping is RNG (lol), not seeing a couple of slow shuffling and grunting zombies approaching on a wide open beach is... there's no word, haha!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    @CPMP, yeah but you usually see those cliches on B horror movies. This is supposed to be a front lining series. Also, it can be argued tripping is RNG (lol), not seeing a couple of slow shuffling and grunting zombies approaching on a wide open beach is... there's no word, haha!

The way you said it, reminded me of this, lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvm3GixEj4
  • Hahaha, that was stupendous!
  • Alicia is hot, but also so so stupid, no survival instincts at all smh.
  • The thing you guys need to realize is this is all foreign to these people. This episode is set a month before Rick wakes up. None of the established rules from the other show have been learned. In this alternate universe the idea of a "zombie" doesn't even exist.

The dipstick kid mourning over his mom instead of avoiding the walkers just realized his dad shot his mother and for him his dad murdered his mother. He doesn't understand that this dad did his mother a service.

Alicia has been raised to believe in the inherent goodness of human beings. She doesn't understand that bad people are going to take advantage of good people

The dude that owns the boat is a sociopath so he had no problem print survival of the core group ahead of strangers. Even though he's the type of guy the survivors need to emulate to keep surviving they are still holding onto the value systems they held in the real world, which just do not apply in zombieland.

The teacher is going to evolve into Carol, a conflicted survivor that will do anything to keep her loved ones alive. Her boyfriend could go either way. His morality seems to be drifting toward more of a survivor mentality.

I'm excited to see where it's going to go.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • The thing you guys need to realize is this is all foreign to these people. This episode is set a month before Rick wakes up. None of the established rules from the other show have been learned. In this alternate universe the idea of a "zombie" doesn't even exist.

The dipstick kid mourning over his mom instead of avoiding the walkers just realized his dad shot his mother and for him his dad murdered his mother. He doesn't understand that this dad did his mother a service.

Alicia has been raised to believe in the inherent goodness of human beings. She doesn't understand that bad people are going to take advantage of good people

The dude that owns the boat is a sociopath so he had no problem print survival of the core group ahead of strangers. Even though he's the type of guy the survivors need to emulate to keep surviving they are still holding onto the value systems they held in the real world, which just do not apply in zombieland.

The teacher is going to evolve into Carol, a conflicted survivor that will do anything to keep her loved ones alive. Her boyfriend could go either way. His morality seems to be drifting toward more of a survivor mentality.

I'm excited to see where it's going to go.

Yep. The guy with the yacht seems to be the only person who is grasping the situation.
  • All good points @Jaesyn_Beaz , except the apocalypse didn't happen the day before this episode. Out of all the people in Los Angeles, barely a few survived (our heroes and others but a minuscule percentage). Our heroes faced and survived riots, almost fatal drug overdoses, murders, loss of near and dear ones, displacement, military occupation, betrayals, zombies and what not. All of last season. They survived. I would bet a pretty penny anyone who survives that much will have a better survival instinct than the **** they turned out just with a change of season. If the events in the 1st season had not occurred, I'd totally agree with you. See, you took Rick as the reference point, I took the previous season.

Even if I do agree to agree, I still can't get the Monty Python reference. How does that happen? The beach thing? Any ideas? Kidding but you know that was real.... something. lol!

I'm going to watch the series too in the hopes that things improve. i just hope the producers realize that any person might take a long time to change and become hardcore in a normal world. In a apocalyptic scenario, either they're going to adapt fast or they're going to be the first to perish.

Totally not knocking your interests in the series, but a bulleted response does require a thought out response, right?