Captain Rex Needs to be Fixed

braccer
30 posts Member
edited July 2023
Reva is currently the best character in the game. All GLs struggle against her, while some can pull out wins, it can be very tough. Why the heck is some marquee character coming and making one of the oldest/weakest teams able to stomp on her when GLs can’t even do that? Especially since a new GL has just been announced. Great! Make Leia the hard counter! I don’t see how a marquee should be able to beat a TB character that requires a legendary to even do her mission. It needs to be fixed.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• braccer
    30 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Simple fact is, she isn't a GL, so she isn't safe from being beaten by a new marquee
    But it makes 0 sense for all GLs to struggle, and then a marquee comes out and just decimates her.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    braccer wrote: »
    Simple fact is, she isn't a GL, so she isn't safe from being beaten by a new marquee
    But it makes 0 sense for all GLs to struggle, and then a marquee comes out and just decimates her.

Traya dominates her too.... And came out before GL's even existed....
  • braccer
    30 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Yes, but that requires an Omicron, and even then it can fail sometimes. Captain Rex you can just hit auto.
  • Captain Rex allows the Phoenix Squad to defeat the 3rd Sister. This shouldn't happen, since a normal character, not from Conquest or from the Guidebook, can't beat a character that is looted on TB with one of the best units in the game.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    Says who? Have you watched the show?

Irrelevant
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fantastic_Kleo
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Says who? Have you watched the show? Makes perfect sence honestly, inquis excel at destroying GLs, isn't that enough for you? If a toon does literally everything and couldn't be beaten, they'd be no reason for playing/spending

Inquisitors destroy not only GL, but also other units. Take at least the same Trey. She got nerfed.
    When debuffs are removed, her unit is marked for death.
  • braccer
    30 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Says who? Have you watched the show? Makes perfect sence honestly, inquis excel at destroying GLs, isn't that enough for you? If a toon does literally everything and couldn't be beaten, they'd be no reason for playing/spending
    Quite frankly no, that’s not enough for me. I’m not asking for Reva to be better. Heck I even suggested that GL Leia be the hard counter to her. And yes, I’ve watched the show, but when has this game ever made sense from a cinematic perspective? The fact is a marquee should not make a team as bad as Phoenix squadron able to beat the best current team. It’d be one thing if it was a marquee added to an already good team.
  • braccer
    30 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Yes, but that requires an Omicron, and even then it can fail sometimes. Captain Rex you can just hit auto.

This is called power creep

That’s not even power creep, that’s just power jump. Took essentially the worst team in the game, added one character, and now they can full auto the best team. I’d understand if it was a team like CLS, GAS, or some other high level team, but this is 0 to 100 for Phoenix. Why is it traya got nerfed because she was working too well, but Rex isn’t?
  • Let me enjoy my strong Phoenix squad
  • braccer wrote: »
    Reva is currently the best character in the game. All GLs struggle against her, while some can pull out wins, it can be very tough. Why the heck is some marquee character coming and making one of the oldest/weakest teams able to stomp on her when GLs can’t even do that? Especially since a new GL has just been announced. Great! Make Leia the hard counter! I don’t see how a marquee should be able to beat a TB character that requires a legendary to even do her mission. It needs to be fixed.

It's lore accurate