Did pre crafters abuse an exploit?

I don't really care because I'm not too hung up on arena rank, but it seems that pre crafting was an exploit that needs fixed.

At lest that is the way it would be treated in any other game is have ever played.

Replies

• Options
    No, it wasn't an exploit.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I didn't precraft and I don't believe it was a an exploit.
  • Options
    I did precraft, I don't consider it an exploit, but it is unfair. But life is unfair.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Not an exploit. I didn't precraft and now I'm sorry I didn't bother.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It wasn't an exploit. It has been in the game since day 1. You could always craft gear you couldn't use yet.
    Post edited by Barrok on
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    the announcement for the gear change was made a day before the update dropped, which meant it was most likely intentional so that players would rush refreshing for the pre crafting. I would assume that player spending went up between the announcement and the update drop.

It worked on me.. bought a bunch of crystals to precraft 3 droid callers and GS' lev 79 gear.

which is most likely what many players particularly competitive arena players did.
  • Options
    The patch note were released to the community before the patch went live. Everyone had access to the same information that clearly stated in increase in materials. How is it an exploit if you had the foresight to make some of these items before they raised the cost? Please explain?

The cost was the same for everyone. Don't hate because some people planned ahead.
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    It's no exploit but it's not fair too
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I crafted my gear some time ago and I will enjoy the advantage it gives me but I'm starting to wonder if it's more healthy for the game if those furnace, droid caller and the third craft able slots were locked or disabled for the time being...

just kidding. I'm going to really enjoy using my crafted gear :smile:
    mighty chlorians
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I would have farmed more blue test tubes...
  • Options
    Lol is this thread serious?
  • Options
    Foresight and strategy are unfair advantages, anybody who ever cared enough to think (not that hard) ahead shouldn't be allowed to play
  • Options
    those who precrafted lost on energy that could be used elsewhere.

it was also a gamble as noone knew this would happen

• Options
    It wasn't an exploit. That fact really isn't debatable. CG gave us a heads up about an exploit? Really? C'mon now. It wouldn't be considered an exploit in many other games either so I am not sure what games you seem to be playing.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely not an exploit. If whales pre-crafted and you are f2p, then good game. If f2p pre-crafted and whales didn't, now you have a shot at beating their OP teams.
  • Options
    The Problem would be solved if the gear can be crafted in both ways until the next update goes live and they should have WRITTEN A NOTE INGAME!
    This means the guys who have had the Material and didn't craft, can still craft the gear using the previous requiered material.
    I've had many yellow "plus" but they disappeared after the latest Patch. Now I am screwed
  • Options
    @ForceMondeo what do you think, precrafter?
  • Options
    I crafted some upgraded far before the announcment. So no, precrafter didnt exploit the change. Some did it by accident just in preperation of lvl 80.
  • Options
    Not really an exploit just another stu pid decision by CG to **** people off
    Roger roger
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    I precrafted and I don't even know how to begin to answer this exploit question...

Just, wow!
  • Options
    To get this straight... The forums were a buzz before the lvl80 update with threads warning players to pre craft certain items before they get modified... @Qeltar I think it was one of many players warning everyone about it... & if not mistaken did so a good 3 days before the initial update.

You have no one to blame but yourselves for not crafting.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure devs mentioned precrafting on reddit before the update, so no.
  • Options
    pre-crafting was not an exploit.

i am closing this thread, as there is nothing more to add to this topic.
This discussion has been closed.