Move rewards away from fleet arena or do shard balancing

Title. Dead shards are a lottery ticket where some players are freely handed a hundred dollars worth of crystals every month while other players on extremely active shards can put in orders of magnitude more effort for a fraction of the rewards.

Replies

  • iMalevolence
    332 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
  • Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
    I’m quite sure that the Community Managers will use the “recent discussions” tab, so which section of the forum you use is irrelevant.

    You are also being quite selective with your reading of forum posts. I don’t recall many - if any - users saying rewards shouldn’t be moved “because they have an inactive shard”.
  • iMalevolence
    332 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
    I’m quite sure that the Community Managers will use the “recent discussions” tab, so which section of the forum you use is irrelevant.

    You are also being quite selective with your reading of forum posts. I don’t recall many - if any - users saying rewards shouldn’t be moved “because they have an inactive shard”.

    I made the comment to the streamer fatal yesterday and that was his response.

    And others have made similar comments about liking that they only have to do only one battle.
  • Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
    I’m quite sure that the Community Managers will use the “recent discussions” tab, so which section of the forum you use is irrelevant.

    You are also being quite selective with your reading of forum posts. I don’t recall many - if any - users saying rewards shouldn’t be moved “because they have an inactive shard”.

    I made the comment to the streamer fatal yesterday and that was his response.

    And others have made similar comments about liking that they only have to do only one battle.
    Selective listening as well as reading, got it.

    People have made suggestions to you. You’ve opted to create a duplicate thread - something you know has not worked so far.

    Good luck.
    For clarity, I’m in a mega busy shard with well over 200 active players where 7-8 battles to reach the top is pretty standard
  • Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
    I’m quite sure that the Community Managers will use the “recent discussions” tab, so which section of the forum you use is irrelevant.

    You are also being quite selective with your reading of forum posts. I don’t recall many - if any - users saying rewards shouldn’t be moved “because they have an inactive shard”.

    I made the comment to the streamer fatal yesterday and that was his response.

    And others have made similar comments about liking that they only have to do only one battle.
    Selective listening as well as reading, got it.

    People have made suggestions to you. You’ve opted to create a duplicate thread - something you know has not worked so far.

    Good luck.
    For clarity, I’m in a mega busy shard with well over 200 active players where 7-8 battles to reach the top is pretty standard

    The other suggestions were in relation to the mafia. This thread is on the topic of disparities between shards due to varying activity levels. Please contribute with feedback on the correct topic or leave the thread alone.

    Balancing shard activities would help you.
  • Options
    Bump. Varying levels of competitiveness and activity across fleet shards is unfair and, because of this, fleet arena shouldn't be one of the main sources of crystal income.
  • Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
    I’m quite sure that the Community Managers will use the “recent discussions” tab, so which section of the forum you use is irrelevant.

    You are also being quite selective with your reading of forum posts. I don’t recall many - if any - users saying rewards shouldn’t be moved “because they have an inactive shard”.

    I made the comment to the streamer fatal yesterday and that was his response.

    And others have made similar comments about liking that they only have to do only one battle.
    Selective listening as well as reading, got it.

    People have made suggestions to you. You’ve opted to create a duplicate thread - something you know has not worked so far.

    Good luck.
    For clarity, I’m in a mega busy shard with well over 200 active players where 7-8 battles to reach the top is pretty standard

    Bump for prior solutions provided
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Lumiya
    1535 posts Member
    Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
    I’m quite sure that the Community Managers will use the “recent discussions” tab, so which section of the forum you use is irrelevant.

    You are also being quite selective with your reading of forum posts. I don’t recall many - if any - users saying rewards shouldn’t be moved “because they have an inactive shard”.

    I made the comment to the streamer fatal yesterday and that was his response.

    And others have made similar comments about liking that they only have to do only one battle.
    Selective listening as well as reading, got it.

    People have made suggestions to you. You’ve opted to create a duplicate thread - something you know has not worked so far.

    Good luck.
    For clarity, I’m in a mega busy shard with well over 200 active players where 7-8 battles to reach the top is pretty standard

    Bump for prior solutions provided

    In case you have trouble with comprehension, I'll reiterate what I said to Darjelo. The previous solutions were in regard to a different problem. If you can't offer input on the actual topic at hand, please refrain from posting.


    What you said could also be said about GAC and TW for example. People not participating or participating is not just a fleet "problem" and to be honest, fleet is the smallest of the "problems". TW and GAC have much bigger problems because of that.

    You can not control how much people play the game and there will always be areas, where participation or a lack thereof will influence something. Taking crystals out of fleet will not change anything but instead will actually make it worse if they land in TW or GAC for this very reason and the matchmaking wich is influenced by participation.

    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    What you said could also be said about GAC and TW for example. People not participating or participating is not just a fleet "problem" and to be honest, fleet is the smallest of the "problems". TW and GAC have much bigger problems because of that.

    You can not control how much people play the game and there will always be areas, where participation or a lack thereof will influence something. Taking crystals out of fleet will not change anything but instead will actually make it worse if they land in TW or GAC for this very reason and the matchmaking wich is influenced by participation.

    GAC and TW opponents differ per event, so activity differences in a singular instance is a less relevant metric than activity levels in fleet shards that are the same pool of players and have been a problem for 6 years. Additionally, in most cases, greater activity in those events is rewarded, which is the ultimate goal. Because the pool of players is not fixed, the players who actually put in the time and effort will be rewarded. The same cannot be said for fleet, for reasons stated above. It is bad design when one player can get 8x the rewards that another player can get while doing 1/8th the work.

    I have a 7* Leviathan, and after 3 wins in my fleet shard, I've moved from 40 -> 31 -> 24 -> 31 -> 40 -> 31.
  • Lumiya
    1535 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    What you said could also be said about GAC and TW for example. People not participating or participating is not just a fleet "problem" and to be honest, fleet is the smallest of the "problems". TW and GAC have much bigger problems because of that.

    You can not control how much people play the game and there will always be areas, where participation or a lack thereof will influence something. Taking crystals out of fleet will not change anything but instead will actually make it worse if they land in TW or GAC for this very reason and the matchmaking wich is influenced by participation.

    GAC and TW opponents differ per event, so activity differences in a singular instance is a less relevant metric than activity levels in fleet shards that are the same pool of players and have been a problem for 6 years. Additionally, in most cases, greater activity in those events is rewarded, which is the ultimate goal. Because the pool of players is not fixed, the players who actually put in the time and effort will be rewarded. The same cannot be said for fleet, for reasons stated above. It is bad design when one player can get 8x the rewards that another player can get while doing 1/8th the work.

    I have a 7* Leviathan, and after 3 wins in my fleet shard, I've moved from 40 -> 31 -> 24 -> 31 -> 40 -> 31.

    You do realise, even if you are against the shard chats, that having the same Players in fleet actually makes it easier to counteract the "problems" you are describing if you can coordinate?

    And what you say about CAC and TW is right in theory but we have so many examples that show that the reality is a lot different. There are so many players and guilds whom are affected by the matchmaking which is based on participation in a really bad way. You are not new to the forums so you know very well how negatively people are influenced in those areas and based on the number of posts it is obvious that those modes are influenced a lot more than fleet, otherwise we would have a lot more posts about fleet in the context of participation.

    Last but not least: Of course you are rewarded if you put in time and effort in fleets and participate. It's just as true as in GAC or TW. It's the same concept. Let me remind you that GAC is coded to give you "only" 50% wins, so you will also experience losses and therefor get less rewards. You can not win all the time and get the best rewards there either. In fleet it actually is possible.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    You do realise, even if you are against the shard chats, that having the same Players in fleet actually makes it easier to counteract the "problems" you are describing if you can coordinate?

    And what you say about CAC and TW is right in theory but we have so many examples that show that the reality is a lot different. There are so many players and guilds whom are affected by the matchmaking which is based on participation in a really bad way. You are not new to the forums so you know very well how negatively people are influenced in those areas and based on the number of posts it is obvious that those modes are influenced a lot more than fleet, otherwise we would have a lot more posts about fleet in the context of participation.

    Last but not least: Of course you are rewarded if you put in time and effort in fleets and participate. It's just as true as in GAC or TW. It's the same concept. Let me remind you that GAC is coded to give you "only" 50% wins, so you will also experience losses and therefor get less rewards. You can not win all the time and get the best rewards there either. In fleet it actually is possible.

    The problem of the thread is not counteracted by shard chats. If one shard has 70 active players that can take first and are allowed/able to climb, those players are required to refresh and put in more battles than players in dead shards. That alone is at least 50-100 crystals per day that other shards don't have to spend. That's a loss of 12-25% rewards that other players don't have to deal with.

    People get sandbagged in TW, sure, but that's a problem with rewards capping at 380M when top guilds are 650M and guilds can drop down to 30 players and get an easy win for max rewards. CG has several options to fix that issue.

    GAC evening out at 50% W/L is fine. But rewards can be granted through GAC in other ways. Or in other ways in fleet arena that are more fair.
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    You do realise, even if you are against the shard chats, that having the same Players in fleet actually makes it easier to counteract the "problems" you are describing if you can coordinate?

    And what you say about CAC and TW is right in theory but we have so many examples that show that the reality is a lot different. There are so many players and guilds whom are affected by the matchmaking which is based on participation in a really bad way. You are not new to the forums so you know very well how negatively people are influenced in those areas and based on the number of posts it is obvious that those modes are influenced a lot more than fleet, otherwise we would have a lot more posts about fleet in the context of participation.

    Last but not least: Of course you are rewarded if you put in time and effort in fleets and participate. It's just as true as in GAC or TW. It's the same concept. Let me remind you that GAC is coded to give you "only" 50% wins, so you will also experience losses and therefor get less rewards. You can not win all the time and get the best rewards there either. In fleet it actually is possible.

    The problem of the thread is not counteracted by shard chats. If one shard has 70 active players that can take first and are allowed/able to climb, those players are required to refresh and put in more battles than players in dead shards. That alone is at least 50-100 crystals per day that other shards don't have to spend. That's a loss of 12-25% rewards that other players don't have to deal with.

    People get sandbagged in TW, sure, but that's a problem with rewards capping at 380M when top guilds are 650M and guilds can drop down to 30 players and get an easy win for max rewards. CG has several options to fix that issue.

    GAC evening out at 50% W/L is fine. But rewards can be granted through GAC in other ways. Or in other ways in fleet arena that are more fair.

    I am not going to waste my time trying to convince you that you are wrong, dozens of us have already done that across multiple threads and it is very obvious that your mind is made up and you are not open to suggestion...

    What I will say is that you are operating under a very strange definition of "fair".... This is a competitive game and to the victor goes the spoils....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I am not going to waste my time trying to convince you that you are wrong, dozens of us have already done that across multiple threads and it is very obvious that your mind is made up and you are not open to suggestion...

    What I will say is that you are operating under a very strange definition of "fair".... This is a competitive game and to the victor goes the spoils....

    I quit the game for 3 years and ignored fleet arena when it came out to when I quit and ignored it for a while after I came back because I didn't even have negotiator.

    A lot of people, including Darjelo whom you mentioned, have shards that are a lot more active than yours and still manage to get first on a daily basis... Your issue is evident from your quote above...
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I am not going to waste my time trying to convince you that you are wrong, dozens of us have already done that across multiple threads and it is very obvious that your mind is made up and you are not open to suggestion...

    What I will say is that you are operating under a very strange definition of "fair".... This is a competitive game and to the victor goes the spoils....

    I quit the game for 3 years and ignored fleet arena when it came out to when I quit and ignored it for a while after I came back because I didn't even have negotiator.

    A lot of people, including Darjelo whom you mentioned, have shards that are a lot more active than yours and still manage to get first on a daily basis... Your issue is evident from your quote above...

    Yep. That part is what's relevant to my problem. Definitely don't have the necessary fleets.

    4c2845l0wuit.png
  • Options
    What if Fleet Arena was on a rotation similar to GAC?
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    What if Fleet Arena was on a rotation similar to GAC?

    You necro'd this thread to say that? If you want to talk about it either start a thread or make a post in the one that someone started about this earlier this week. I was so glad when this thread died the first time...

    Not really a necro when it was still on the front page.

    All that matters is the date. Not the page.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • iMalevolence
    332 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

    Maybe they want it in feedback instead of general. Here's hoping. When i say i want rewards moved and people tell me no because they have an inactive shard, i feel like it proves my point that the system needs changed.
    I’m quite sure that the Community Managers will use the “recent discussions” tab, so which section of the forum you use is irrelevant.

    You are also being quite selective with your reading of forum posts. I don’t recall many - if any - users saying rewards shouldn’t be moved “because they have an inactive shard”.

    I made the comment to the streamer fatal yesterday and that was his response.

    And others have made similar comments about liking that they only have to do only one battle.
    Selective listening as well as reading, got it.

    People have made suggestions to you. You’ve opted to create a duplicate thread - something you know has not worked so far.

    Good luck.
    For clarity, I’m in a mega busy shard with well over 200 active players where 7-8 battles to reach the top is pretty standard

    Bump for prior solutions provided

    Bumping again for same reason

    As mentioned previously, prior solutions are against ToS and are to theoretically mitigate the problems of mafias. They do nothing to mitigate the discrepancies of shard activity levels which is what this thread is about.
  • Lumiya
    1535 posts Member
    Options
    Ok on topic then: No!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Ok on topic then: No!

    Counterpoint: yes, please.
Sign In or Register to comment.