ROTE Geonosis DS Fleet - meant to be a joke amongst the CG developers?

Prev1
No other combat mission in any territory battle ends quicker than the DS fleet for Geonosis. We all held out hope that the new DS capital ship Leviathan will change this. WRONG! The only positive takeaway is that I didn't get obliterated in 5 seconds. My ships lasted a good 36 seconds before being wrecked!

I would love for someone from CG (@CG_Tusken_Meathead or @CG_SBCrumb) to comment on whether this fleet was meant to be a joke and the only ones laughing at all of us trying to attempt the impossible are the CG developers. What is the point of having a combat mission that has a 0% success rate? Maybe it's time to dial down the difficulty? ROTE has been out for more than half a year and no one has ever come close to beating that CM. If I'm wrong and someone has actually beaten it, I would love to see proof.

Replies

  • Options
    Most of the ROTE feels like a joke if we are being honest, devs said hah you complained about geo tb here is a TB that is 10x worse in terms of artificial difficulty
  • Options
    Most of the ROTE feels like a joke if we are being honest, devs said hah you complained about geo tb here is a TB that is 10x worse in terms of artificial difficulty

    It really isn't that bad depending on your roster. All of the other CMs are straight forward as long as you bring in the right team and remod. Like I said, the Geonosis fleet CM is the only one that no one can achieve no matter what you do.
  • Whatelse73
    2201 posts Member
    Options
    The DS fleets you face were just copied from LS Geo TB Phase 4 and pumped up at least 15-25% because that's what CG does.

    I tried Leviathan too and survived for a while, but still didn't get it. I actually did better with a Thrawn fleet and beat it twice, but most of the time fail like many players do. (Based on what even members of the top guilds say.)

    At this point, don't expect them to make any adjustments to TB phase 1 or 2, other than to add more planets. They established LS Geo TB and didn't do much adjusting since its implementation, other than to fix the occasional bug (and to make fixes so that we couldn't complete missions with teams they considered not WAI.) They could've seen after one ROTE TB how ridiculous the fleet missions are in DS, but haven't done anything about it 6? months later.

    "Maybe" if they fix Leviathan by next TB we'll see more success in those fleet missions, but who knows.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The DS fleets you face were just copied from LS Geo TB Phase 4 and pumped up at least 15-25% because that's what CG does.

    I tried Leviathan too and survived for a while, but still didn't get it. I actually did better with a Thrawn fleet and beat it twice, but most of the time fail like many players do. (Based on what even members of the top guilds say.)

    At this point, don't expect them to make any adjustments to TB phase 1 or 2, other than to add more planets. They established LS Geo TB and didn't do much adjusting since its implementation, other than to fix the occasional bug (and to make fixes so that we couldn't complete missions with teams they considered not WAI.) They could've seen after one ROTE TB how ridiculous the fleet missions are in DS, but haven't done anything about it 6? months later.

    "Maybe" if they fix Leviathan by next TB we'll see more success in those fleet missions, but who knows.

    Are we talking about the same planet? I'm referring to Phase 2 (Geonosis planet)? Some guilds do planet 1 (Mustafar) twice so I can understand the confusion. I've beaten the DS Fleet in Mustafar planet with Thrawn fleet many times, but that same fleet wouldn't last 5 seconds on Geonosis.
  • Options
    In my experience even first DS planet is heavily rng dependent even with the best possible lineup.

    If you have any consistent strategy for the planet I’d be interested.

    Second DS planet indeed is a joke.
    I lasted quite a bit with Leviathan the loss was never in question.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I’ve passed the Mustafar ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • ChuMuc
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Unable to find any success video on that. If you are so successful with it, mind to record and share?
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve passed the Geonosis ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.

    Are you really talking about Geonosis (D2 planet) and not Mustafar (D1)?
  • Options
    I’ve passed the Geonosis ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.

    cq9vdlds1q2j.gif
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    I’ve passed the Geonosis ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.

    Are you really talking about Geonosis (D2 planet) and not Mustafar (D1)?
    Good catch. No I wasn’t.
  • Options
    Well, the good thing about Levi being as useful in TB as it is everywhere else is that now I have no reason at all to spend crystals rushing it to 7*.
  • Options
    I’ve passed the Mustafar ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.

    What is your R on Iden?
    My Iden is R5 and at least last 2 attempts I got like 2 dodges pr run before she was toast.
  • Whatelse73
    2201 posts Member
    Options
    bchased64 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The DS fleets you face were just copied from LS Geo TB Phase 4 and pumped up at least 15-25% because that's what CG does.

    I tried Leviathan too and survived for a while, but still didn't get it. I actually did better with a Thrawn fleet and beat it twice, but most of the time fail like many players do. (Based on what even members of the top guilds say.)

    At this point, don't expect them to make any adjustments to TB phase 1 or 2, other than to add more planets. They established LS Geo TB and didn't do much adjusting since its implementation, other than to fix the occasional bug (and to make fixes so that we couldn't complete missions with teams they considered not WAI.) They could've seen after one ROTE TB how ridiculous the fleet missions are in DS, but haven't done anything about it 6? months later.

    "Maybe" if they fix Leviathan by next TB we'll see more success in those fleet missions, but who knows.

    Are we talking about the same planet? I'm referring to Phase 2 (Geonosis planet)? Some guilds do planet 1 (Mustafar) twice so I can understand the confusion. I've beaten the DS Fleet in Mustafar planet with Thrawn fleet many times, but that same fleet wouldn't last 5 seconds on Geonosis.

    Yep, I was confused there too. Phase 2 is the worst, but Phase 1 isn't that far off. Mustafar's fleet can be done, but the Geonosis 4 ship Geo fleet taking bonus turns everytime someone blinks is out of control. Even "slowing down the ship" doesn't mean anything since the malevolence seems to have way more speed than any of our capital ships. But then, CG was never good with "balance".
  • Options
    Holy Smokes. I beat it.feq5ua5w4py3.png
  • Options
    Geonosis Fleet. 2nd DS planet
  • Options
    TdsTarkin wrote: »
    Holy Smokes. I beat it.feq5ua5w4py3.png

    How'd you do it? Starting ships, reinforcements, etc? I get destroyed each time using standard Levi lineup with fighter starting : (
  • Options
    TdsTarkin wrote: »
    Holy Smokes. I beat it.feq5ua5w4py3.png

    Was that in phase 1 or phase 2?
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TdsTarkin wrote: »
    Holy Smokes. I beat it.feq5ua5w4py3.png

    Was that in phase 1 or phase 2?
    Phase 1 ship battle only awards 400k points.
  • Options
    500k points geonosis Zone 2.
  • Options
    Hmm, looks like it's Levi with defender. Haven't tried that, but seems fairly consistent with Levi if you start tanks + sith assassin, you will live long enough to call a reinforcement, depending on rng long enough to call 2.

    My guess would be that's the approach, fury, bomber, assassin to start, first RI defender, second RI probably depends on if you need palp heal/cleanse or can survive for a bit without.
  • Options
    More likely Tie Advanced is in starting lineup so Defender can be brought in immediately
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    More likely Tie Advanced is in starting lineup so Defender can be brought in immediately

    That won't work, the TIE Advanced/Interceptor Interaction is only for Empire Capital Ships
  • NYIM
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Hmm, looks like it's Levi with defender. Haven't tried that, but seems fairly consistent with Levi if you start tanks + sith assassin, you will live long enough to call a reinforcement, depending on rng long enough to call 2.

    My guess would be that's the approach, fury, bomber, assassin to start, first RI defender, second RI probably depends on if you need palp heal/cleanse or can survive for a bit without.

    I just tried that, my 7* levi had only one turn before eveyone died. I could only use sabitage engine. After that my bomber was dead and assassin and fury died short after.
    In total I had 3 turns: levi sabotage engine > (bomber died) > assassin > (assassin died) and fury > fury died end.
    For the record, malgus is R8, marodeur R7, assassin R5. Only assassin has not all 6 dots mods.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I’ve passed the Mustafar ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.

    What is your R on Iden?
    My Iden is R5 and at least last 2 attempts I got like 2 dodges pr run before she was toast.

    Mine's r3 and I'd say I beat that fleet mission around 75-80% of the time. Scion, Tie Bomber and Vader start, Defender as first RI and Palps shuttle as 2nd if needed to heal up Defender at any point. And of course needing the Tie/IN as a reinforcement.

    Also may help I use my Executrix with a g12 Tarkin captaining it rather than Chimaera. Defender has more synergy and oomph under Executrix.
  • Options
    5qss21tqic6h.jpeg
    Get Wrekt CG.
  • GanLovad
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

    Mine's r3 and I'd say I beat that fleet mission around 75-80% of the time. Scion, Tie Bomber and Vader start, Defender as first RI and Palps shuttle as 2nd if needed to heal up Defender at any point. And of course needing the Tie/IN as a reinforcement.

    Also may help I use my Executrix with a g12 Tarkin captaining it rather than Chimaera. Defender has more synergy and oomph under Executrix.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I’ve passed the Mustafar ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.

    What is your R on Iden?
    My Iden is R5 and at least last 2 attempts I got like 2 dodges pr run before she was toast.

    Mine's r3 and I'd say I beat that fleet mission around 75-80% of the time. Scion, Tie Bomber and Vader start, Defender as first RI and Palps shuttle as 2nd if needed to heal up Defender at any point. And of course needing the Tie/IN as a reinforcement.

    Also may help I use my Executrix with a g12 Tarkin captaining it rather than Chimaera. Defender has more synergy and oomph under Executrix.

    Scion?
  • GanLovad
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    5qss21tqic6h.jpeg
    Get Wrekt CG.

    Would you share your lineup?
  • Options
    GanLovad wrote: »

    Mine's r3 and I'd say I beat that fleet mission around 75-80% of the time. Scion, Tie Bomber and Vader start, Defender as first RI and Palps shuttle as 2nd if needed to heal up Defender at any point. And of course needing the Tie/IN as a reinforcement.

    Also may help I use my Executrix with a g12 Tarkin captaining it rather than Chimaera. Defender has more synergy and oomph under Executrix.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I’ve passed the Mustafar ship mission on 10 out of the last 12 attempts. There is RNG for sure, but if your Defender is decent you’ve got a good chance.

    What is your R on Iden?
    My Iden is R5 and at least last 2 attempts I got like 2 dodges pr run before she was toast.

    Mine's r3 and I'd say I beat that fleet mission around 75-80% of the time. Scion, Tie Bomber and Vader start, Defender as first RI and Palps shuttle as 2nd if needed to heal up Defender at any point. And of course needing the Tie/IN as a reinforcement.

    Also may help I use my Executrix with a g12 Tarkin captaining it rather than Chimaera. Defender has more synergy and oomph under Executrix.

    Scion?
    Darth Maul's ship
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TdsTarkin wrote: »
    Holy Smokes. I beat it.feq5ua5w4py3.png

    Was that in phase 1 or phase 2?

    Phase 2!!!
    Phase 1 is Sycthe.

Sign In or Register to comment.