Is galactic conquest worth the headache?

Replies

• Options
    I’ve always just got to 2nd last crate (gold) on hard and then just farmed rest of shards from conquest store. Finish in usually 7-9 days and then rest of days just get dc stuff. Doesn’t take loads of effort, think only max crate takes a lot of time.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I really understand the question as it's completely subjective. I'm one of the minority that actually enjoys the game mode. I can play it for how I want, when I want, and for how much I want. We can discuss the flaws with the game mode, but I have complete agency in the game mode. Most do unless your guild is pushing you for datacrons.

I find the rewards to be from decent to good. The conquest characters have been mostly good and I just have to be a bit more patient to get them then more developed rosters. I really appreciate the extra slicing materials.

I'm bringing up an alt just for amusement sake and even on easy the rewards seem meaningful, although I have no idea why they are stingy on a few things. For example, they aren't going break anything giving out more than 5 conquest credits per win. I play 5 or 6 battles in about 5-10 minutes and I'm done for quite a while.

Probably the thing that they'll have to figure out, at some point, is how to deal with these newer accounts coming up and the availability of the conquest characters.

Probably more of the issue is that the game mode seems stale to a lot of people. It's now a chore for quite a few people. I'm not really a fan of every conquest being about the newest character release to get max crate. How about CG give the smaller rosters a bone every once in a while? Like maybe every 4th or 5th conquest make it fairly easy to get max crate?

The datacron changes to conquest seem pretty good to me even if I'm not a fan of this season..
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    They need to make it a lot less tedious. Too many global feats that require repetitive battles. C&C music factory kills require 20 battles (unless you can manage vs. BH or NS) which is over three days of natural energy regeneration. 40 malgus, 40 clones, 20 wookiees. Just so boring to do time and again. Even with trying to use malgus and clones as much as possible in normal battles through the five sectors, I still have 11 malgus and 12 clones left for the last 30 keycards to hit red crate. It is just a big time sink when you have tw, tb, GAC going on (on usually 2 of the 3).

That is where I am.
    Clones and malgus all sitting at 0 stamina.
  • Options
    They need to make it a lot less tedious. Too many global feats that require repetitive battles. C&C music factory kills require 20 battles (unless you can manage vs. BH or NS) which is over three days of natural energy regeneration. 40 malgus, 40 clones, 20 wookiees. Just so boring to do time and again. Even with trying to use malgus and clones as much as possible in normal battles through the five sectors, I still have 11 malgus and 12 clones left for the last 30 keycards to hit red crate. It is just a big time sink when you have tw, tb, GAC going on (on usually 2 of the 3).

20 battles for Cal killstus feat? Scarif Rebel Pathfinder plus Chirrut is on a datacron node, so everyone has it. I got around 15 kills per battle before he went down without a crit to give him a buff. Wasn't just on the one node either, just whenever they appear in the track too.

I skip the 40 clones completely, as Malgus is an easier win against more enemies. Again just using sith empire along the way on whatever.

20 wookies was 19 on one node, plus the tarful alive miniboss (g11 tarful no problem). But a couple a day is not onerous. It's less than the every day fleet area climb repetition.

This has been one of the least grindy conquests in ages.
  • Options
    RaythenGEO wrote: »
    I'm not sure I really understand the question as it's completely subjective. I'm one of the minority that actually enjoys the game mode. I can play it for how I want, when I want, and for how much I want. We can discuss the flaws with the game mode, but I have complete agency in the game mode. Most do unless your guild is pushing you for datacrons.

I find the rewards to be from decent to good. The conquest characters have been mostly good and I just have to be a bit more patient to get them then more developed rosters. I really appreciate the extra slicing materials.

To extent i agree with this, but the rewards are always going to be a massive part for people. I've enjoyed this conquest more than most before and actually had fun although i still agree it's unnecessarily grindy.

However, I've also been more engaged than usual because of the rewards. I'm a free to play account and made the decision to go for Leviathan, which needs 2 conquest units, and is comfortably the earliest i've ever gone for 'GL level' content. They bottled the launch and haven't fixed it fully yet to deliver on their original promise. Despite that I was on track to unlock it immediately post this conquest and was still keen to ply with it even at low stars. But it then seems like CG have decided to put the event on before conquest ends so that i can't get it til the next cycle as i need the Fury shards. (Please correct me if i'm wrong as I'd love to be wrong about this). This is just another deflation in a series of disappointments when had been investing more time in the game, and has just put me off putting time into the game and modes like conquest and ever spending money as CG don't seem to care about any time/money investment into new content and rewards for modes like conquest.

• Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    DarthA wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I've never been a huge fan of conquest as many players seem to feel the same way. I find little motivation to progress beyond a certain point as I feel the rewards arent worth the trouble. Largely the conquest only toons that are almost impossible to farm for since the event doesn't last long enough or occur enough to acquire enough currency to buy their shards or when you have to purchase the pass to access them only for them to then be removed and placed into a random event that is even harder to beat. This happened with malgus where I got him to almost the halfway point only for him to be taken out of rotation and placed into those conquest events that happen at random and no matter how hard I try to beat them I always lose even with my strongest teams. It's so frustrating when something cool is released only to become conquest accessible because it will only last for a short time in the shop before being removed.

Are you doing hard mode?

I think conquest is worth it just for the stuff you can buy with conquest currency. There's tons of really cheap gear. It's also the only place in the game where you can purchase signal data without spending xtalpurpgems.

I try really hard to avoid having to deal with proving grounds though. Play hard mode, get the red box, buy the baby conquest pass - For all the rewards you get, I think it's absolutely worth it. As a bonus, you don't have to worry about proving grounds.

If you can get red crate proving grounds shouldn't be an issue for you

Hard disagree. The times that PG has been bugged and I've been able to attempt a few of those battles it was a lesson in frustration. Conquest is grindy - but PG is rage inducing. No thanks.

Well, if you get red crate proving grounds really shouldn’t be an issue as you would then unlock the toon way before they go to PG…

That's the whole point - try harder at conquest so you can stay out of proving grounds.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • EdSolo
    420 posts Member
    Options

20 battles for Cal killstus feat? Scarif Rebel Pathfinder plus Chirrut is on a datacron node, so everyone has it. I got around 15 kills per battle before he went down without a crit to give him a buff. Wasn't just on the one node either, just whenever they appear in the track too.

I skip the 40 clones completely, as Malgus is an easier win against more enemies. Again just using sith empire along the way on whatever.

20 wookies was 19 on one node, plus the tarful alive miniboss (g11 tarful no problem). But a couple a day is not onerous. It's less than the every day fleet area climb repetition.

It is just as grindy as any of the others. Getting kills with Cal isn't the easiest against a MM team with Chirrut that gives out tons of healing.

All of the recent conquests have win 40 times with X and win with X & Y surviving. It is just countless battles that have to be run over and over. I can get consistent 5 kills per battle with my Cal team vs. Bad Batch, but that means 20 battles. SE can do well throughout conquest, but I'm still short once everything else is done. I can still get the red crate, but it is more time and effort than the rewards are truly worth. There seems to be less cross over as well. Even the 50 kills with X in certain sectors can be tedious without a NS or BH node. Even those aren't a guarantee in the later sectors just due to the massive enemy speed. My Imp troopers are pretty solid, but in Sector 4 they get outrun by everything. They could survive the initial NS barrage, but once they got going, Daka never got another turn, so I could only get five kills per run. Unless you have everything required at R7, you can only get certain feats done in easier sectors, which means a lot of repeat battles.
  • Options
    It was when it first came out, now it's just a boring grind.
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options

It is just as grindy as any of the others. Getting kills with Cal isn't the easiest against a MM team with Chirrut that gives out tons of healing.

All of the recent conquests have win 40 times with X and win with X & Y surviving. It is just countless battles that have to be run over and over. I can get consistent 5 kills per battle with my Cal team vs. Bad Batch, but that means 20 battles. SE can do well throughout conquest, but I'm still short once everything else is done. I can still get the red crate, but it is more time and effort than the rewards are truly worth. There seems to be less cross over as well. Even the 50 kills with X in certain sectors can be tedious without a NS or BH node. Even those aren't a guarantee in the later sectors just due to the massive enemy speed. My Imp troopers are pretty solid, but in Sector 4 they get outrun by everything. They could survive the initial NS barrage, but once they got going, Daka never got another turn, so I could only get five kills per run. Unless you have everything required at R7, you can only get certain feats done in easier sectors, which means a lot of repeat battles.

NS in S1 or S2 are good for this (if you have JML)
    Perma kill mt in some way
    Keep kill AV or others
    15+ kills per battle
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options

I mean isn't that the case for most anything?
  • Options
    My take it depends. What type of player are you, Competitive or causal? Are you always interesting in getting the new shiny or can you wait to get it? This question you should answer yourself and dictate if conquest is worth it for you.

For me, yes it is worth it. I like being competitive, I need the DC to be competitive so playing conquest just for those is a must. I do like new shiny but I don't need it all the time nor do I get it all the time. Since conquest is an instance I can get the new thing alot cheaper then the others toons/ships getting released I'll put in the effort
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Possibly, but in the case of Conquest CG have massively accelerated this atrophy.

I red crated the first 6 Conquests without spending a single crystal on energy refreshes. CG altered Conquest to make that a simply laughable scenario now.
  • Lumiya
    1575 posts Member
    Options
    CG:

q2adv8ulp9n3.gif
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • LordDirt
    5125 posts Member
    Options

Possibly, but in the case of Conquest CG have massively accelerated this atrophy.

I red crated the first 6 Conquests without spending a single crystal on energy refreshes. CG altered Conquest to make that a simply laughable scenario now.

It usually costs me under 5,000 crystals total through three conquests to get the red crates. Pretty cheap for a top tier character or ship. 5,000 crystals usually just gets you around 60 shards.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

It usually costs me under 5,000 crystals total through three conquests to get the red crates. Pretty cheap for a top tier character or ship. 5,000 crystals usually just gets you around 60 shards.
    5,000 more than it used to cost, though.
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Plus, a lot less fun (IMO, YMMV). I still kinda like conquest generally because it gives me the option to use a good chunk of my roster, and the rewards are very beneficial, but it’s nothing now like those first few runs. Some days it’s like “man I really have to do this??”. The excitement+fun factor was very high with those first couple conquests seasons.

• LordDirt
    5125 posts Member
    Options

Two sides to everything I guess.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ftwk
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I really enjoy conquest, I go for gold crate and achieve it fairly easily and have done since 4m GP. Never ever go for red crate it ain’t worth the stress
  • Options
    In fact, there’s not even enough naturally-generating energy to complete all the Sectors without buying energy refreshes. I don’t know why you lie about something so easily provable.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »

That’s an out-and-out lie @DarjeloSalas .

None of the conquests (after the first one) have been possible to hit the red create without buying energy refreshes.

There goes all your credibility. I knew you were a troll, but at least stop being deceitful.

Uh, hate to break it to you, but the first 2 sets of Conquest could definitely get red create without spending a single crystal. You only had to spend if you wanted to finish early.
  • Options

None of the conquests (after the first one) have been possible to hit the red create without buying energy refreshes.

There goes all your credibility. I knew you were a troll, but at least stop being deceitful.
    In fact, there’s not even enough naturally-generating energy to complete all the Sectors without buying energy refreshes. I don’t know why you lie about something so easily provable.
    Emmm… that’s just like, your opinion (which is wrong)
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Uh, hate to break it to you, but the first 2 sets of Conquest could definitely get red create without spending a single crystal. You only had to spend if you wanted to finish early.

No. That was only the first one. You are wrong @StarSon . Take it from someone who actually DID NOT buy refreshes but used every bit of naturally generating energy.

Natural energy (after the first conquest, which was great!) only got you to the end of Sector 3.
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Also, stop spreading misinformation when you have no clue what you are talking about.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options

No. That was only the first one. You are wrong @StarSon . Take it from someone who actually DID NOT buy refreshes but used every bit of naturally generating energy.

Natural energy (after the first conquest, which was great!) only got you to the end of Sector 3.

In its current state, you get enough natural energy to get to the end of sector 4. I don't remember when exactly they changed the regen rate, but I do know the first two sets had fewer battles per sector, so even at current rates you could get through it all.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options

In its current state, you get enough natural energy to get to the end of sector 4. I don't remember when exactly they changed the regen rate, but I do know the first two sets had fewer battles per sector, so even at current rates you could get through it all.

Darjelo said he got red crate the first 6 conquests without buying a single energy refresh.

Darjelo is full of it.

I know. I read it. He is 100% correct that for RC and CAT it was possible to red crate with zero crystals spent.
  • Options
    @StarSon you are wrong. For months, I refused to by energy every conquest because I disagreed with them requiring refreshes to complete it (a change after Conq 1).

It has been literally impossible to get red crate (after the first conquest) without buying energy refreshes.

I lived it and experienced it. So any speculation you have is wrong, if it is contrary to what I’m saying.

Darjelo is flat out lying.
  • Options

Darjelo said he got red crate the first 6 conquests without buying a single energy refresh.

Darjelo is full of it.

I know. I read it. He is 100% correct that for RC and CAT it was possible to red crate with zero crystals spent.

That’s totally wrong. RC yes, becaue that was 1st conquest and also had a galactic Chase.

CAT needed refreshes. No one got CAT without buying energy refreshes.

But even if you were right, @DarjeloSalas said he got red crate THE FIRST SIX CONQUESTS without buying an energy refresh.

That’s a flat out lie. You’re in the wrong side of this, bud.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    @StarSon you are wrong. For months, I refused to by energy every conquest because I disagreed with them requiring refreshes to complete it (a change after Conq 1).

It has been literally impossible to get red crate (after the first conquest) without buying energy refreshes.

I lived it and experienced it. So any speculation you have is wrong, if it is contrary to what I’m saying.

I gotta say, this is a weird hill to die on. But here's the post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248444/conquest-7-begins-august-30th#latest

The first two sets of conquest you could red crate with zero crystals. They changed the map and the regen for Conquest #7.
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248444/conquest-7-begins-august-30th#latest

Came to post the link but I see Starson beat me to it.

Me and at least one guild mate prided ourselves on using 0 crystals for RC or CAT.
  • Options

It’s unbecoming to gloat, but…

nae33vkdar9k.gif