Lvl 72 Tank "Challenge"

papy72
182 posts Member
Is there a trick to this? As soon as Windu starts swinging my whole team is dead. I've read stuff saying to use RG for the stuns (that are always resisted - even in fights 1 and 2) and Teebo for the meter drain, which only delays the inevitable bloodbath.

Replies

• Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 8 RG. Potency goes to 70%.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I made one substitution and I can auto-attack as long as I tell my troops to focus fire Mace in the last stage:
    4* lvl 65 Chewy (L) Gear 6 - turn meter removal with basic attack
    4* lvl 72 RG Gear 8 - Stun procs pretty consistently, and if it doesnt...
    4* lvl 63 Fives Gear 8 - if you want to manual attack, I save the assist attack in case RG's stun misses
    3* lvl 55 Teebo Gear 5 - turn meter removal special
    and now the change - I *was* using 3* lvl 55 Poe Gear 5, but he taunts whenever it is up and it was getting my squad killed. So I switched him out with a 3* level 46 JKG Gear 3 just to have a non-taunting 5th.

I have never lost a manual attack, and lose maybe 1 in every 5 auto attacks (as long as I focus fire on Mace in the last stage.) As you can tell, not a huge focus on tanks for me (although I am leveling RG right now), but the stage is quite doable.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    If you say RG stuns are resisted, he might need some better gear. My RG g9 is just fine and stuns quite reliably
  • Options
    2* level 50 Teebo. There's your answer. Between him and whatever crud bag Chewie you have lying around you can manipulate Mace's turn meter enough to coast through.
  • Options
    I'm now getting it done most of the time with 4* gear8 RG, Chewie, Finn, mace and sthan.

But if RG doesn't stun or Fin or mace don't manage to expose at least once I still might get wiped
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Remember that this challenge is supposed to be a challenge even when players have reached the cap, at 80. I'd say it's fair that it is extremely hard/impossible for toons at less than lv70 and a certain star level. If it isn't possible, then just do the lower tier challenge and wait until you have a stronger team.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with Nonemo. I already now have little trouble autoing the "challenge" and it won't get more difficult for me until lvl81.

Also the new gear you gain is not useful until after the next cap increase which I hope won't happen for another 3-4 months at least. So all you miss out on it stockpiling hundreds of pieces that you hope will not end up like the mkV laptops
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips all. I'm guessing gear/tank level is my major issue, as I have not needed to gear them up all that much for prior challenges. Will need to add that to my ever-growing "to do" list. :smile: