Leeches not welcome!

With the new stat showing how much resources you've spent will this lead to guilds not wanting players based on how much resources they've spent. Will this lead to a leech stigma? Will players be forced to maintain a level of spending to stay in guilds? I can see it now "Guild looking for players who spend 10k gems a month".

Replies

• Oh yeah that we'll almost definitely happen. Guilds only looking for p2p players. But at the same time you will find Guilds built from nothing pay f2p players.

I used to be p2p, but stopped as it cost way too much. I now play f2p but occasionally buy a couple of hundred crystals now and then.

I'll be looking for a laid back guild to just kinda chill and chat with while I play.
  • There will be a guild for everyone
  • I hate to say, but this will happen. The animosity between f2p and p2p is great here.
  • Start your own guild if you are worried about discrimination.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    First off i don't think this is happening. Second, why would you even want to be in a guild that imposes on you to spend crystals? To get there faster? No thanks! I also think there will be guilds for everyone.
  • When ppl start seeing all the goodies you can only get from guild events. We'll see how if ppl still feel the same.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I am not saying i don't want to be in a competitive guild. Just not one that imposes 'x' amount of diamonds to be spent UNLESS we get crystals from completing guild requirements as well. And i don't think the 'donations' will only be crystals. I think you could also donate credits to get guild currency. But i don't know we shall see.
  • That is nothing new. Most of the top guilds/alliances across all games require a monthly spending limit.
  • It will happen, and will probably drive sales for CG, as when P2W players unite, their level of shame diminishes, and they become proud of their "competitive" status.

On a side note:

Lol, people keep saying "P2P" as though this games REQUIRES a subscription to play. Yes, P2P actually means something, and is not a synonym for P2W. You are not "paying to play". You are playing for free, but CHOOSING to pay. F2P and P2P are specific business models. One, everyone plays for free, with Microtransaction options. The other, the only people that can play are those who pay a one-time, monthly, or yearly fee, upfront or installments, to gain access to the game; and based on modern games, also have Microtransaction options. MMORPG's were/are well known for the latter.
  • how do we view these stats?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I don't think this will happen, but it will be used to judge someone, if they earn and spend gems like a P2P then they will actually appear better.

Depends what guild you join
    {RotE}

I believe it is a feature they mentioned adding.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Does making a guild cost real money or credits or crystals?

you can't yet. They will come in the update released later this week.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Does making a guild cost real money or credits or crystals?

Credits.
    {RotE}
  • Zee
    119 posts Member
    I'm already recruiting for my f2p guild. Join us on groupme. Let's get to know each other now before guilds start. We want to be a group of 50 on day 1.

You're invited to my new group 'Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes' on GroupMe.

https://app.groupme.com/join_group/21142822/aNrJqN
  • If there will be guild wars and PvP elements like that then the top guilds will have some kind of req ofcourse, noone like leechers and even less if you put in $100s yourself.
    In these kind of games it costs to stay on top.

If it's only raids and stuff within the guild that you complete even without putting in a lot of $ then noone will care about that req.
    Azzazzimon
  • I see your point OP but I believe this would be stupid for most guilds. I can't see my Guild TNR doing this to players since we invite free and pay players into our Guild. For me, being an active player is important and also, I like social people who are kind and help the newer players and are giving as people, part of what we've stood for.

I figure there could be some guilds that have nothing but pay for players who have elite teams that may require this and that is fine, so long as those players know this is important from Day 1. I would never switch gears in a guild and start demanding that later....
  • We will spent a lot of real money
    Korean Man~ Ally Code : 633-813-947
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Maybe guilds will be auto assigned
  • Reddplague wrote: »
    With the new stat showing how much resources you've spent will this lead to guilds not wanting players based on how much resources they've spent. Will this lead to a leech stigma? Will players be forced to maintain a level of spending to stay in guilds? I can see it now "Guild looking for players who spend 10k gems a month".

@Reddplague
    Hi, the notes don't mention it'll show crystal spend. It says
    Total Arena Battles Won/Lost
    Total Galactic War Battles Won
    Total Sim Tickets Used
    Total Energy Spent
    Total Data Cards Opened
    Total Credits Spent
    And more!

I doubt they'll show crystal spend as that's personal information and indicative of your in game spending that you may not want others to know about.

The other things they've mentioned credits, energy, sim tickets and even data cards (to a point - if they separate bronzium and chromium that's bad) will be more relative to how long you've been playing and therefore only relevant if your start date is included and how many days logged in and if you can be bothered to sit there with a calculator to crunch the numbers.

In all honesty most of these stats aren't really going to be useful in selecting potential guild mates. I think a players roster will be more useful.
    fudgra wrote: »
    Maybe guilds will be auto assigned

@fudgra - They most definitely won't be auto assigned
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Haha I knew fudgra was a troll. He had a thread about a 4* Barris, being used to compete in a 7* Yoda challenge. I said something and people shamed me for it. All you do gooders!
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Reddplague wrote: »

Some might be jerks, and do that, but I don't care. Money does not equal a descent squad. Unless someone's spends thousands to max the character's out. Which would take a substantial amount and I haven't met a whale that fat yet. Might gut them and sell the blubber if I do.
  • Puny Forum.
    The only Guild will be of the FO.
    Yes! The Furball Order.
    We Ewoks will subjugate every last one of you.
    Prepare Yourselves.
  • If a guild imposes spending minimums (and it's their right to do so), other guilds will impose a restriction that says you don't spend one single cent/crystal/shard. They'll still get every guild perk the p2p guilds get.
  • I'm waiting for a Raid Group of Genosian's.
    And I've got a Really Big Can 'o Raid.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The stat that this entire thread is based on has been removed from the update that will be dropping. please read the developer notes. Thank you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*