Guilds and whales speculation

Qleak
420 posts Member
Contrary to the speculation of many on the boards that Guilds will be exclusive, i think there's a possibility that whales may prefer teaming up with slightly lesser players
When an Activity is completed all members will be granted Guild Currency, with the highest contributors getting bonus currency

So too many whales on one guild might mean worse rewards. What do you think?

Replies

• Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If there is ever a guild vs. guild function you will absolutely see all whales in the same few guilds, regardless of your point. But until that exists, you could be right. We'll have to wait and see.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Their guild may win less if they have lesser players so it may not be worth it. I hope the guilds are automatically assigned to prevent monopolies.
  • fudgra wrote: »
    Their guild may win less if they have lesser players so it may not be worth it. I hope the guilds are automatically assigned to prevent monopolies.

No!
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »

The automatic assignment seems unlikely since there's a Guilds section of this board and they encourage us to find a guild.
  • Didn't you hear Steve Wynn the other day... Rich people like hanging out with other rich people.
  • All that I've heard is that larger guilds may provide some advantages, but whether it's true or not......we'll see!!!
  • The implementation of guilds will make or break the future of this game.

You can't really segregate the community too much, the rewards system will have to be well designed.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |