I'm a Bonehead.

Bon_El
435 posts Member
edited April 2016
Can we add another dummy button that pops up after you retreat from an Arena battle?

As in: "Are you sure you want to retreat from this ARENA battle?"
~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    LOL!

I think I have done that once. Let me guess, you lost one and thought it was GW? You probably would have still won the match too, huh?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Yep! Could have won easily but lost a toon and hit retreat thinking it was GW. 1 second later...WAIT! Can I take that back?! DOH!
  • WAHAHA!

I have so been in your shoes! I'm not happy to admit... I've done it more than once as well...
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Can we add another dummy button that pops up after you retreat from an Arena battle?

My gut says you'll still click yes before you realise that word is indeed "ARENA".
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    They shouldn't even allow a retreat for arena IMO. Finish the match!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Yep. Retreat button is useless in arena
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    BOOONNNEEESTOOOORRMM! Oh wait, wrong game. Sorry.
  • Yep I've done that too. I was going to win but lost someone and apparently thought I was in GW so I retreated. Took about 2 seconds before I realized what I had done. I actually yelled Noooooo! Out loud. Not my proudest moment.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I thought the same thing - why did they even give me that option?! Save me from myself, developers! ;)
  • LMYYYKS wrote: »
    Bon_El wrote: »

My gut says you'll still click yes before you realise that word is indeed "ARENA".

My gut says it agrees with your gut!
  • Yep. Did this the other day too!
  • I think this mistake happened to me once too :s
  • I did that just yesterday. Wanted to hit myself for the stupidity.
  • You are not alone
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    I even hit the little back arrow hoping it would magically change it's function just because I wanted it to. Well misery loves company - lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Hendiju wrote: »
    They shouldn't even allow a retreat for arena IMO. Finish the match!

This. Why would you ever retreat? It's dumb that the game even allows it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I have retreated in Arena when I had limited time in the last hour before payout, realized that I couldn't possibly win the battle, and wanted to reset the timer to squeeze in another battle.
  • Pretty sure the starts of the fights are spaced 10 minutes apart regardless?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nik_Zirlos wrote: »
    I have retreated in Arena when I had limited time in the last hour before payout, realized that I couldn't possibly win the battle, and wanted to reset the timer to squeeze in another battle.
    Pretty sure the starts of the fights are spaced 10 minutes apart regardless?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I did not realize that.
  • Pretty sure the starts of the fights are spaced 10 minutes apart regardless?

Not if you pay the 50 crystals
  • Bimdeman
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Did this the other way round today. Was waiting for my arena timer to reset about 20 mins before payout, so decided to do a GW battle. Totally forgot it wasn't arena so I didn't worry at all about cooldowns and let 2 toons die. Fortunately I had an easy GW today, but it still seemed silly to let Lumi die before half way through.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Been there, done that. Smacked forehead DOH!
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The best is to have an awesome GW squad that never makes you get used to use the retreat button in GW.
    This way you dont get use to press this button and it should not happen again in arena too
  • I've done this several times. You're not alone.
  • Been there, done that!!

Mandalorian Syndicate
    "Recruiting check guild page!" :)