Gac Matchmaking

Prev134
If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

Replies

  • If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Tell me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range, without telling me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 7.8m GP. JMK, JML, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Lumiya
    1259 posts Member
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Tell me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range, without telling me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range.

    This argument doesn't hold anymore... we know very well why there are big accounts in every league etc.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Tell me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range, without telling me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range.

    I refuse to believe i am supposed to be in chromium with 6,5m GP
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Tell me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range, without telling me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range.

    This argument doesn't hold anymore... we know very well why there are big accounts in every league etc.

    We do, but we don't know what league the OP is in, as they haven't provided any context to their statement. Ergo, I am free to assume anything about their circumstances, and I have decided to assume they are an outstanding player in GAC.

    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Tell me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range, without telling me you’re so good at GAC that you’ve beaten everyone in your GP range.

    I refuse to believe i am supposed to be in chromium with 6,5m GP

    An interesting approach, refusing to believe it. Maybe some sort of context provided by, say, your allycode would help us understand your circumstances.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 7.8m GP. JMK, JML, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    If every gac you face 9-10m and lose you’ll drop enough to face weaker players, eventually. With a 6m account you probably still have lots of room to go down the ladder.

    Or maybe you win some of those fights, let’s say around 50%, so you stick in this part of the ladder where you face those 9-10m rosters. If so, then you’re where you’re suppose to be.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Or maybe you win some of those fights, let’s say around 50%, so you stick in this part of the ladder where you face those 9-10m rosters. If so, then you’re where you’re suppose to be.

    Agreed. These posts happen way too often and people always overdramatize things. Like, I understand that fighting against people that have much bigger rosters isn't a particularly great feeling. Trust me, I really do. As someome who is almost exclusively playing bigger rosters I totally understand. But people don't realize that if the system matches 2 players with each other, it sees the battle as equal. That's how the skill rating works. Now equal does not necessarily mean fair, but if 2 players have the same rating, then they are on the same level of performance, statistically, in terms of wins/losses; so the game sees both players as having a 50% chance to win. It doesn't matter if the "weaker" player is ranked too high, or the "stronger" player ranked too low. If 2 players have the same rating then there is always a 50/50 according to the system.

    People need to understand that people are at their rank for a reason. It doesn't matter what those reasons are, but there are ALWAYS reasons. People don't magically get teleported to random ranks. They get there because of their performance, whether it's good or bad. If a 4M GP player faces a 11M GP player, there's a 99.99% chance that the 11M player will win if they show up. But based on the fact that these 2 got matched up in the first place, there is also a 99.99% chance that the high level player won't show up for the fight (or else they wouldn't be at such a low rank), which evens it out. This is why not a single matchup is over before it started, regardless of how big or small the roster differences are.

    It's ironic how in many of these posts people immediately run to complain to the forums when they see a "bad" matchup, but then end up winning the match because the bigger account didn't show up, and then go quiet in their forum thread because they realize they complained too soon.
    I'm not saying the system is perfect, it's far from it. But it's working fine and as intended. People just need to stop being dramatic and bringing out the pitchforks at the very first opportunity; and just need to reflect on it and think about WHY things are happening. And once they understand what is happening, they will realize it's not as bad as they think it is.
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    I refuse to believe i am supposed to be in chromium with 6,5m GP


    Considering I'm pretty comfy in Chromium at 4.8m GP I'm sure you can manage.
  • dhwo
    60 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Or maybe you win some of those fights, let’s say around 50%, so you stick in this part of the ladder where you face those 9-10m rosters. If so, then you’re where you’re suppose to be.

    Agreed. These posts happen way too often and people always overdramatize things. Like, I understand that fighting against people that have much bigger rosters isn't a particularly great feeling. Trust me, I really do. As someome who is almost exclusively playing bigger rosters I totally understand. But people don't realize that if the system matches 2 players with each other, it sees the battle as equal. That's how the skill rating works. Now equal does not necessarily mean fair, but if 2 players have the same rating, then they are on the same level of performance, statistically, in terms of wins/losses; so the game sees both players as having a 50% chance to win. It doesn't matter if the "weaker" player is ranked too high, or the "stronger" player ranked too low. If 2 players have the same rating then there is always a 50/50 according to the system.

    People need to understand that people are at their rank for a reason. It doesn't matter what those reasons are, but there are ALWAYS reasons. People don't magically get teleported to random ranks. They get there because of their performance, whether it's good or bad. If a 4M GP player faces a 11M GP player, there's a 99.99% chance that the 11M player will win if they show up. But based on the fact that these 2 got matched up in the first place, there is also a 99.99% chance that the high level player won't show up for the fight (or else they wouldn't be at such a low rank), which evens it out. This is why not a single matchup is over before it started, regardless of how big or small the roster differences are.

    It's ironic how in many of these posts people immediately run to complain to the forums when they see a "bad" matchup, but then end up winning the match because the bigger account didn't show up, and then go quiet in their forum thread because they realize they complained too soon.
    I'm not saying the system is perfect, it's far from it. But it's working fine and as intended. People just need to stop being dramatic and bringing out the pitchforks at the very first opportunity; and just need to reflect on it and think about WHY things are happening. And once they understand what is happening, they will realize it's not as bad as they think it is.

    It‘s funny that there guys defending the current matchmaking. A guy not showing up for a match has absolutely nothing to do with skill. That’s probably just a slacker who wants to drop and then brute force his way against weaker opponents as he probably has no clue how to use the toons but more money to spend.

    From my perspective skill is defined in a way that you can beat an opponent with a similar key toon and datacron collection. Unfortunately this condition applies only for the top of Kyber 1. As soon as you are dropping to lower levels, the matchmaking is abysmal.

    Note: The matchmaking for TW is just as bad.
  • dhwo wrote: »
    From my perspective skill is defined in a way that you can beat an opponent with a similar key toon and datacron collection.

    That’s not what gac is about. Maybe you’ll find that one day in a new game mode where roster building won’t be a factor.

  • Daclif wrote: »
    I would wager a guess that the OP is in Aurodium. Thing is, I am facing the same challenge. I have a 6m GP account with 2 GLs and over the last 24 months I usually played back and forth between Chromium and Aurodium. Thing is, Chromium is nowadays absolutely the place for 6m GP accounts. There is a constant development in SWGOH and the competition is only going up, so yes, 12 months ago, you faced opponents with 4-5m accounts in Chromium. However, in the same way as I have progressed, they have and hence the needle shifted.

    You’re probably right on that. It’s just GP inflation from time. I remember I was about 6.5m GP 6-9 months ago when I first broke into the bottom of Kyber. I haven’t moved up the leagues but my GP is about 1m higher. GP is increasing all the time for everyone.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 7.8m GP. JMK, JML, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Piskeben007
    6 posts Member
    edited August 30
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks

    Its not meant to be a fair competition. In the old system, big spenders were experiencing people with better account building skills outplaying them in gac, without spending. That is obviously not viable in a p2w format. So they made a system which is more a ressource allocation, roughly based on GP. Now poeple can spend and win about 50 % of matches without being held back by lack of skill.
  • babylonfallen3
    40 posts Member
    edited August 30
    They should at least make it so once an account levels up out of Carbonite for instance, and they have say 5million plus gp that they can never go back down to Carbonite. And find a gp limit for each division that will prevent big accounts from sliding down too far. I don't know how many end game accounts are in carbonite but I seem to match up with one every gac.
  • They should at least make it so once an account levels up out of Carbonite for instance, and they have say 5million plus gp that they can never go back down to Carbonite. And find a gp limit for each division that will prevent big accounts from sliding down too far. I don't know how many end game accounts are in carbonite but I seem to match up with one every gac.

    That will suppress player movement up divisions, by creating limits on how far accts can fall as CG want to keep set proportions of players in each div/league. By preventing some accts from falling you stop others from being promoted. This will hit newer players the hardest.

    Hard pass.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 7.8m GP. JMK, JML, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • babylonfallen3
    40 posts Member
    edited August 30
    Well I'm a new player and sick of facing 6+ million accounts in carbonite and I'm sure all my fellow noobs have the same feelings.
  • Well I'm a new player and sick of facing 6+ million accounts in carbonite and I'm sure all my fellow noobs have the same feelings.

    And what is your allycode so we can understand the scale of the problem you face?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 7.8m GP. JMK, JML, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • It’s funny who defends this ridicolous matchmaking. Easy win for whales or cheaters.
    I won only if opponent didn’t play the round.
    Last matching I’ve a opponent with 180 toons reliced. I’ve got only 95 relics!
    I don’t like this unfair play :/
  • DarthRay19 wrote: »
    It’s funny who defends this ridicolous matchmaking. Easy win for whales or cheaters.
    I won only if opponent didn’t play the round.
    Last matching I’ve a opponent with 180 toons reliced. I’ve got only 95 relics!
    I don’t like this unfair play :/

    What you seem to miss, as many others, is that while this system is flawed it is preferable to the alternatives. I am not defending this system by any means against all others, simply against the other systems which have been proposed which have far greater flaws. If there is indeed a better system which provides better matchmaking, maintains the high levels of upward mobility for smaller accounts, and is feasible to enact I will throw myself behind it wholeheartedly.

    If you were to provide your allycode it would be possible for the community to determine the extent of the issue.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 7.8m GP. JMK, JML, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Or maybe you win some of those fights, let’s say around 50%, so you stick in this part of the ladder where you face those 9-10m rosters. If so, then you’re where you’re suppose to be.

    Agreed. These posts happen way too often and people always overdramatize things. Like, I understand that fighting against people that have much bigger rosters isn't a particularly great feeling. Trust me, I really do. As someome who is almost exclusively playing bigger rosters I totally understand. But people don't realize that if the system matches 2 players with each other, it sees the battle as equal. That's how the skill rating works. Now equal does not necessarily mean fair, but if 2 players have the same rating, then they are on the same level of performance, statistically, in terms of wins/losses; so the game sees both players as having a 50% chance to win. It doesn't matter if the "weaker" player is ranked too high, or the "stronger" player ranked too low. If 2 players have the same rating then there is always a 50/50 according to the system.

    People need to understand that people are at their rank for a reason. It doesn't matter what those reasons are, but there are ALWAYS reasons. People don't magically get teleported to random ranks. They get there because of their performance, whether it's good or bad. If a 4M GP player faces a 11M GP player, there's a 99.99% chance that the 11M player will win if they show up. But based on the fact that these 2 got matched up in the first place, there is also a 99.99% chance that the high level player won't show up for the fight (or else they wouldn't be at such a low rank), which evens it out. This is why not a single matchup is over before it started, regardless of how big or small the roster differences are.

    It's ironic how in many of these posts people immediately run to complain to the forums when they see a "bad" matchup, but then end up winning the match because the bigger account didn't show up, and then go quiet in their forum thread because they realize they complained too soon.
    I'm not saying the system is perfect, it's far from it. But it's working fine and as intended. People just need to stop being dramatic and bringing out the pitchforks at the very first opportunity; and just need to reflect on it and think about WHY things are happening. And once they understand what is happening, they will realize it's not as bad as they think it is.

    Brother i am in bronzium 1 with 4.1 million GP and one GL constantly facing guys with 6million plus and 3 or more GLs. Whatever you say, doesn't make it okay that someone with 5 galactic legends is my opponent in gac yesterday in bronzium 1. The matchmaking is awful and allows people to stay farther down than they should. Theres no shot you think an active 6 million 5 GL account should still be in bronzium 1. Its busted.
  • Well I'm a new player and sick of facing 6+ million accounts in carbonite and I'm sure all my fellow noobs have the same feelings.

    And what is your allycode so we can understand the scale of the problem you face?

    Ally code has nothing to do with literally mid game players being in Carbonite with new players lmfao. Nobody with over 4 million should still be in Carbonite. Its a joke and you all know it stop defending it
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    694 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Or maybe you win some of those fights, let’s say around 50%, so you stick in this part of the ladder where you face those 9-10m rosters. If so, then you’re where you’re suppose to be.

    Agreed. These posts happen way too often and people always overdramatize things. Like, I understand that fighting against people that have much bigger rosters isn't a particularly great feeling. Trust me, I really do. As someome who is almost exclusively playing bigger rosters I totally understand. But people don't realize that if the system matches 2 players with each other, it sees the battle as equal. That's how the skill rating works. Now equal does not necessarily mean fair, but if 2 players have the same rating, then they are on the same level of performance, statistically, in terms of wins/losses; so the game sees both players as having a 50% chance to win. It doesn't matter if the "weaker" player is ranked too high, or the "stronger" player ranked too low. If 2 players have the same rating then there is always a 50/50 according to the system.

    People need to understand that people are at their rank for a reason. It doesn't matter what those reasons are, but there are ALWAYS reasons. People don't magically get teleported to random ranks. They get there because of their performance, whether it's good or bad. If a 4M GP player faces a 11M GP player, there's a 99.99% chance that the 11M player will win if they show up. But based on the fact that these 2 got matched up in the first place, there is also a 99.99% chance that the high level player won't show up for the fight (or else they wouldn't be at such a low rank), which evens it out. This is why not a single matchup is over before it started, regardless of how big or small the roster differences are.

    It's ironic how in many of these posts people immediately run to complain to the forums when they see a "bad" matchup, but then end up winning the match because the bigger account didn't show up, and then go quiet in their forum thread because they realize they complained too soon.
    I'm not saying the system is perfect, it's far from it. But it's working fine and as intended. People just need to stop being dramatic and bringing out the pitchforks at the very first opportunity; and just need to reflect on it and think about WHY things are happening. And once they understand what is happening, they will realize it's not as bad as they think it is.

    Brother i am in bronzium 1 with 4.1 million GP and one GL constantly facing guys with 6million plus and 3 or more GLs. Whatever you say, doesn't make it okay that someone with 5 galactic legends is my opponent in gac yesterday in bronzium 1. The matchmaking is awful and allows people to stay farther down than they should. Theres no shot you think an active 6 million 5 GL account should still be in bronzium 1. Its busted.

    Well having a look at their GAC history would certainly tell a story as to why they are there.

    Care to share your allycode so other people can see how bad you have it?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 7.8m GP. JMK, JML, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Lumiya
    1259 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Or maybe you win some of those fights, let’s say around 50%, so you stick in this part of the ladder where you face those 9-10m rosters. If so, then you’re where you’re suppose to be.

    Agreed. These posts happen way too often and people always overdramatize things. Like, I understand that fighting against people that have much bigger rosters isn't a particularly great feeling. Trust me, I really do. As someome who is almost exclusively playing bigger rosters I totally understand. But people don't realize that if the system matches 2 players with each other, it sees the battle as equal. That's how the skill rating works. Now equal does not necessarily mean fair, but if 2 players have the same rating, then they are on the same level of performance, statistically, in terms of wins/losses; so the game sees both players as having a 50% chance to win. It doesn't matter if the "weaker" player is ranked too high, or the "stronger" player ranked too low. If 2 players have the same rating then there is always a 50/50 according to the system.

    People need to understand that people are at their rank for a reason. It doesn't matter what those reasons are, but there are ALWAYS reasons. People don't magically get teleported to random ranks. They get there because of their performance, whether it's good or bad. If a 4M GP player faces a 11M GP player, there's a 99.99% chance that the 11M player will win if they show up. But based on the fact that these 2 got matched up in the first place, there is also a 99.99% chance that the high level player won't show up for the fight (or else they wouldn't be at such a low rank), which evens it out. This is why not a single matchup is over before it started, regardless of how big or small the roster differences are.

    It's ironic how in many of these posts people immediately run to complain to the forums when they see a "bad" matchup, but then end up winning the match because the bigger account didn't show up, and then go quiet in their forum thread because they realize they complained too soon.
    I'm not saying the system is perfect, it's far from it. But it's working fine and as intended. People just need to stop being dramatic and bringing out the pitchforks at the very first opportunity; and just need to reflect on it and think about WHY things are happening. And once they understand what is happening, they will realize it's not as bad as they think it is.

    Brother i am in bronzium 1 with 4.1 million GP and one GL constantly facing guys with 6million plus and 3 or more GLs. Whatever you say, doesn't make it okay that someone with 5 galactic legends is my opponent in gac yesterday in bronzium 1. The matchmaking is awful and allows people to stay farther down than they should. Theres no shot you think an active 6 million 5 GL account should still be in bronzium 1. Its busted.

    Well having a look at their GAC history would certainly tell a story as to why they are there.

    Care to share your allycode so other people can see how bad you have it?

    I honestly don't think that it makes a difference why they are there. What does it matter?
    If they play bad, don't play, "sandbag", forget to play etc doesn't change that this is something that should not happen, that it creates unenjoyable matches and that it is not something that just rarely happens. It happens too often throughout every league.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If you guys want your game to keep new players coming to the game and ACTUALLY STAY sort out the gac matchmaking this matchmaking absolutely sucks I'm at 6 Mill and every gac I have I'm having to face 9-10 mill accounts how can you even expect new players to want to stick around for that let me put it like this I've been playing the game for coming up 3 years now if you think new players are going to want to stick around for 3 years and still at 3 years keep getting pummeled by bigger accounts because your matchmaking sucks then expect sales to keep dwindling you had the right formula for gac with actual proper matchmaking and then you decided to invite datacons and butcher the matchmaking and the numbers drooped I wonder why if you don't want to listen to me I'm sure you can see the numbers yourselves do something

    Or maybe you win some of those fights, let’s say around 50%, so you stick in this part of the ladder where you face those 9-10m rosters. If so, then you’re where you’re suppose to be.

    Agreed. These posts happen way too often and people always overdramatize things. Like, I understand that fighting against people that have much bigger rosters isn't a particularly great feeling. Trust me, I really do. As someome who is almost exclusively playing bigger rosters I totally understand. But people don't realize that if the system matches 2 players with each other, it sees the battle as equal. That's how the skill rating works. Now equal does not necessarily mean fair, but if 2 players have the same rating, then they are on the same level of performance, statistically, in terms of wins/losses; so the game sees both players as having a 50% chance to win. It doesn't matter if the "weaker" player is ranked too high, or the "stronger" player ranked too low. If 2 players have the same rating then there is always a 50/50 according to the system.

    People need to understand that people are at their rank for a reason. It doesn't matter what those reasons are, but there are ALWAYS reasons. People don't magically get teleported to random ranks. They get there because of their performance, whether it's good or bad. If a 4M GP player faces a 11M GP player, there's a 99.99% chance that the 11M player will win if they show up. But based on the fact that these 2 got matched up in the first place, there is also a 99.99% chance that the high level player won't show up for the fight (or else they wouldn't be at such a low rank), which evens it out. This is why not a single matchup is over before it started, regardless of how big or small the roster differences are.

    It's ironic how in many of these posts people immediately run to complain to the forums when they see a "bad" matchup, but then end up winning the match because the bigger account didn't show up, and then go quiet in their forum thread because they realize they complained too soon.
    I'm not saying the system is perfect, it's far from it. But it's working fine and as intended. People just need to stop being dramatic and bringing out the pitchforks at the very first opportunity; and just need to reflect on it and think about WHY things are happening. And once they understand what is happening, they will realize it's not as bad as they think it is.

    Brother i am in bronzium 1 with 4.1 million GP and one GL constantly facing guys with 6million plus and 3 or more GLs. Whatever you say, doesn't make it okay that someone with 5 galactic legends is my opponent in gac yesterday in bronzium 1. The matchmaking is awful and allows people to stay farther down than they should. Theres no shot you think an active 6 million 5 GL account should still be in bronzium 1. Its busted.

    Well having a look at their GAC history would certainly tell a story as to why they are there.

    Care to share your allycode so other people can see how bad you have it?

    I honestly don't think that it makes a difference why they are there. What does it matter?
    If they play bad, don't play, "sandbag", forget to play etc doesn't change that this is something that should not happen, that it creates unenjoyable matches and that it is not something that just rarely happens. It happens too often throughout every league.
    “Every” league?
  • scuba
    13573 posts Member
    Maybe it is fun for the sandbagger. Everything is all about "me" after all.
Sign In or Register to comment.