Arena Timer

Just wondering, as we increase the level, and characters become stronger, as well as the introduction of fortitude, will the timer increase in arena? Should it need to? Will 5 minutes be enough to dispatch a foe? What happens if the timer runs out and you are up 3 to 1 in terms of standing characters? Would it be a win, a draw? Just wondering if the devs have considered this, especially if "speed kills" are going to slow down, if not go away.

Replies

• I think it'll be fine. With good rnd it takes 1:30min to win with bad maybe 2/2:30min so even if battles last 50% longer I'll at least still be OK.
  • I have been averaging 3 1/2-4 minutes per battle to beat these chicken#)&@ Dooku teams. You have to be much more methodical and think closely about every move to overcome the 50% dodge rate. Sometimes you can't overcome it. I honestly can't remember the last time that I landed 3 attacks in a row. If the Devs are going to allow this ridiculous evasion rate to continue and they are going to add fortitude on top of it, then a lot of Arena matches are going to end in a draw.

I truly believe that the Devs temporarily raised the AI dodge rate as a temporary fix to defense in arena. Once they apply fortitude they are going to drop it back to the advertised rate.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Once I had the timer run down to 1 second with only 1 character on either side remaining (that was fun!). But mostly fights end one way or another in under 2 minutes. It probably won't change too much.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    The timer did run out for me once. I was using Chewie and Barriss and I had 3 characters vs 1. It considered it as a loss.