Jugilismaani
64 posts Member
edited March 2018
-
Post edited by Jugilismaani on

Replies

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I have noticed the same thing. I have a 7* chewie and he hits for crap, but his stats (even on offense) are higher than some of my other characters who hit harder.

It's gotta be some secret mumbo jumbo code that determines this.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    You know this has bothered me too , chewiness stats don't seem to make logical sense to his damage output, can @EA_Jesse look into this? Something is statistically not adding up unless we are not doing modification formula right or missing how they tabulate damage
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    It's gotta be some secret mumbo jumbo code that determines this.

And for me that bring a question, why have status on things if they don't work? And if they work, why have something shown if the player cannot make sense of it? What's the point?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Here are his stats at 7* gear 7:

Physical damage: 1253
    Physical crit rating: 225

Armor penetration: 12

special damage: 1037
    special critical rating: 20
    critical damage: 150%

Comparing that to my 5* Lumi,

She has physical damage: 1084 +56
    physical crit rating: 269
    armor penetration: 0+6

Lumi crits for 3200 and hits for 1600ish, while my Chewie hits for 1.1k and crits for 1.8k or so.

• While I might not be able to share the "secret mumbo jumbo code", I can still ask the team for some clarification on this and why Chewie is the way he is.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    My Cherie is 5star gear6 and hits for 950,s and crits around 1500... Lvl 51

So I want your Chewie if that's the case!!!!! Roooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrrrraaaahhhhhh
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    My Cherie is 5star gear6 and hits for 950,s and crits around 1500... Lvl 51

So I want your Chewie if that's the case!!!!! Roooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrrrraaaahhhhhh

Im sure he meant 1.1k and 1.8k
  • Shizmoo
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Agility stat gives more physical damage as well which everyone else has much higher than chewbaca
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Fixed it lol

Does agility not get added to the damaged number?

I know strength increases increase health.
  • Chewbacca is a tank in this game. You might have seen in the movies that he deals massive damage, you might read from the stats that he hits very hard, but he doesn't. His strength in this game is survival and taunting, not hitting hard.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    He's not good tank not enough health I literally love hitting him lumina Sid dooku and then Poe boom

So he's really in a bad spot and we all have him so should be a bit better
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    He has 13k health. Health is not his problem
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Also don't forget that you can't see the damage boosts 5%, 15%, etc that you add to the skills using ability mats. So there's a hidden modifier in there somewhere if you leveled the skills for Jawa.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    What I mean is for his low damage and health he does not function well, because you lose a turn to defend therefore making attackers more valued as a whole
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • I just assumed that since basic attacks are still technically abilities, they had a physical damage stat scaling, like in League of Legends. Some characters might have it 1 for 1, making their damage the same as the stat reads, barring buffs, ability effects and ability damage ranks. Others, like Chewie, might have it at like .9 scaling, while Barris would be at around 1.45, scaling with a bonus. Obviously not exact numbers, just giving an example that translates to how it's represented in games like League of Legends. They always show the bonus power of abilities in-game, from which the ability's level of scaling can be derived.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Well power I think was designed to represent some form of attack but it takes into account stat level Only and seems to reflect an addition of base stats as opposed to a "power" level
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    maybe the descriptors 'tank, support, attacker' have associated coefficients for calculating final damage?
    mighty chlorians
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    My boba is a tank classification and destroys chewie in damage and is only rank 6.
  • This made total sense..
    reizse wrote: »
    maybe the descriptors 'tank, support, attacker' have associated coefficients for calculating final damage?

Until this...
    My boba is a tank classification and destroys chewie in damage and is only rank 6.

:#

Back to square one.. Maybe Chewie needs an "UnNerf"?

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Unchain the wookie.....

#wookieinchains #unnerfthefur #wookiestyle
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited December 2015

i haven't looked at their gear in specifics, but each character has a different set of gear from one another. for instance...daka has gear that increases her special damage, yet she doesn't have any skills that do special damage. maybe fett has gear that has better synergy with his stats than chewie?

just an idea.

i don't think we can expect all tanks to deliver the same output in terms of damage or any other category. there's going to be some variation even within their descriptions. additionally, and the one that makes the most sense to me, is that every character has a multiplier associated with their attacks/skills that is unknown. unfortunately, testing costs energy and we have no set of controls or environment (opportunity cost is crystal refills = $$$) with which to test and find out what the relationship of stat vs base skill dmg should be.

too many variables.
    mighty chlorians
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I think the frustration comes in that we can see some of the stats that determine damage output, but not all of them.

Makes it tough to judge characters.
  • I dont like how we cant see damage stats in the stats menu. The physical damage stat seems to be a lie, I would love for this number to be a more accurate representation of what the damage actually looks like.
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    AdamW wrote: »
    I dont like how we cant see damage stats in the stats menu. The physical damage stat seems to be a lie, I would love for this number to be a more accurate representation of what the damage actually looks like.
    Physical damage is a flat stat, akin to Attack Damage in League of Legends. Refer to reizse's and my posts to see why physical damage as a stat might not be reflected in the net damage output of a particular skill. I believe, if we are close to the truth, that this is a useful and healthy mechanic to maintain game balance. Every skill should have its own scaling, to reflect what the character's niche is in the competitive PvP scene in particular. Kylo Ren has a poor basic attack, with strong secondary abilities that synergize with his passive ability. That is the character's identity, not an overall strong physical attacker, like Sidious, Lando and Ahsoka.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • I think specific attacks have specific base damage, like in pokemon for example. Although we cannot see them
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    AdamW wrote: »
    I dont like how we cant see damage stats in the stats menu. The physical damage stat seems to be a lie, I would love for this number to be a more accurate representation of what the damage actually looks like.
    Physical damage is a flat stat, akin to Attack Damage in League of Legends. Refer to reizse's and my posts to see why physical damage as a stat might not be reflected in the net damage output of a particular skill. I believe, if we are close to the truth, that this is a useful and healthy mechanic to maintain game balance. Every skill should have its own scaling, to reflect what the character's niche is in the competitive PvP scene in particular. Kylo Ren has a poor basic attack, with strong secondary abilities that synergize with his passive ability. That is the character's identity, not an overall strong physical attacker, like Sidious, Lando and Ahsoka.

The difference in that non-sense comparison is, LoL gives you EVERY FREAKING STAT!!! You can decide what to do... Here? Its just "magic" take your pick and pray...
  • I didn't mean they were direct mirrors of eachothers' mechanics. :p Just trying to give a handy example that reflects the basic concept that we're trying to figure out, if it applies at all. I know there aren't tooltips showing all the behind-the-scenes maths. That's why we're waiting to hear from @EA_Jesse, to find out about Chewbacca hopefully, and apply that knowledge to the game as a whole.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If thats the case, then they need to show how much power is behind every skill so we dont waste time farming a character for a month only to find that even though his stats are killer, he cant do squat for damage because his skill power is low. This is important
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    While I might not be able to share the "secret mumbo jumbo code", I can still ask the team for some clarification on this and why Chewie is the way he is.

Thanks for looking into this. TBH, there shouldn't even be " secret" code for this. The whole point of even having a stats page is for a player to understand and reasonably predict what the character can do. If a number is presented and then secretly modified, then the number doesn't really mean anything, which negates the purpose of the stats. It undermines the entire upgrade system.

Why show all these numbers and multipliers if there is another secret multiplier.