PSA to CG

Xitarus
54 posts Member
edited October 2023
Already annoying “challenges” do not need to be made more difficult.

If whales are demanding greater challenges, then spend some of that money they are giving you and create a new “challenge” with appropriate rewards.

Replies

• Options
    Xitarus wrote: »
    Already annoying “challenges” do not need to be made more difficult.

If whales are demanding greater challenges, then spend some of that money they are giving you and create a new “challenge” with appropriate rewards.

Some of these GCs truly are obnoxious - on this one you can get the T8 crate by using troopers on tier 8 and any other team on tier 10, so it's not too hard to get your 2 omi mats. T10 crate is a puzzle that I haven't figured out yet, but I'm sure someone is going to before it's over.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Gallactic challenge?

This one was not very annoying in my opinion. The feats are in your control to finish, no eternal ressing modifiers or anything like that. And the trooper teams is one of the more accessible ones.

What is it that you think is a problem?
  • Options
    There is zero reason to add a GL there.
  • Options
    Well, he can be tm trained so the troopers are equipped to deal with him
  • Options
    If you don’t see where they are going with this, that’s on you. See you in a few weeks when you don’t have the right squad.
  • Options
    I don't see what you see i don't think. In my opinion they have had much more annoying ones previously. Troopers are hardly the only team that can beat this challenge, but are reasonable for the trooper feat. To me that is an OK challenge.
  • Xitarus
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    So let me get this straight…you think that adding a GL to an area that has never had one before is cool?

GC are already an annoying waste of time…stepping up the difficulty is not the answer.
  • Options
    So let me get this straight…you think that adding a GL to an area that has never had one before is cool?

GC are already an annoying waste of time…stepping up the difficulty is not the answer.

It took me about 10 minutes to get the T8 crate. If you really thing GCs are a waste of time then why do them at all?

If it was unbeatable, or the omi mats were completely out of reach, then I would be pretty annoyed. A lot of these GCs are tricky or tough - I spent a lot more time and effort on the last one than this one so far. JML is a GL - so what? It's not like every team that's come before this one hasn't had speed, health, and offense stats through the roof with ridiculous modifiers.

I think a lot of people see a GL and just see an impossible challenge. Stop thinking of GLs that way. They're just another character to learn how to beat - same as any of the other characters that have shown up in Galactic Challenges.

If it's a matter of roster depth that's holding you back - there's nothing that's going to fix that other than expanding your roster. As it gets bigger you'll have more tools at your disposal. That's how everything in the game works though. This game can be really frustrating even when you have a strong roster. At least this GC wasn't an RNG fest like so many of them are.
  • Options
    A simple question to ask before making any “updates”: does this make the game more fun?

Adding a GL here provides no value other than to frustrate newer players…period.

Not that you would care about them. It seems the upper echelon of players here care less about getting stuff and more about preventing others from getting what they already have.
  • Options
    I believe newer players are intended to complete the lower difficulties, thats why they have 10 levels on it.

I beat this one just fine with veers, dt, range, piett and Gideon. No gls, no hard to get characters, nothing. Just a standard trooper team on a single try. The gl tag on an opponent didn't make this challenge harder than others.

I simply don't agree with your statement that this gc pushed the difficulty level. I have seem much more challenging ones as well as harder to get feats and cumbersome modifiers
  • Options
    A simple question to ask before making any “updates”: does this make the game more fun?

Adding a GL here provides no value other than to frustrate newer players…period.

Not that you would care about them. It seems the upper echelon of players here care less about getting stuff and more about preventing others from getting what they already have.

Why do new players think they're supposed to be able to complete everything? Do a lower tier. That's why they are there.
  • Options
    I feel you are purposely ignoring the addition of a GL to a game mode that never had one before. Not sure what your motivation for that would be. Like why be ok with such a change? It’s already tedious enough. People do not need to spend extra time with added stress on a game mode that already includes both of those.
  • Options
    I feel you are purposely ignoring the addition of a GL to a game mode that never had one before. Not sure what your motivation for that would be. Like why be ok with such a change? It’s already tedious enough. People do not need to spend extra time with added stress on a game mode that already includes both of those.

Because it's not that serious. What reward box did you get?
  • Options
    I feel you are purposely ignoring the people who have pointed out that this took no more time than many other GCs. In fact, it took much less time than several of the recent GCs, despite the presence of a GL in the enemy lineup.

It feels as though you've decided that a GL being included automatically means all GCs will take longer than they do already, which doesn't seem to tally with the evidence.
  • Options
    We are not ignoring it. It didn't change the difficulty nor the time consumption one bit, so it doesn't matter if its there.

This was nowhere near the most difficult gc they have thrown at us.
  • Options
    You seem incapable of seeing the world outside of your own experience. Wish I could just block any post from you.
  • Options
    You seem incapable of seeing the world outside of your own experience. Wish I could just block any post from you.

What reward box did you get? Can you give us a link to your .gg account? You're clearly having trouble with this GC - maybe we can help you instead of this conversation continuing to devolve.
  • Options
    T9 with Veers Piett Starck Range and G12 Moff.

You don't need T10 for red crate so just don't bother.
  • Options
    You can easily block posts from any other user.

Congratulations on the irony by the way. You seem to be doing exactly what you’re complaining about yourself.
  • Options
    Hardly, I can complete the challenge. This is not about completing it, it’s about how unnecessarily tedious it is and continues to be. And recent changes are going in the wrong direction.
  • Options

Definitely not true, at least not on a phone.

• Captain_Drogan
    398 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Adding JML there made the event easier for me in that I saved him for last and got the "chain attack" feat thanks to him being there.... I got the T9 crate because of it.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Press the persons name and then ignore on the new menu you get
  • Options
    Same

You can request the desktop site on your phone
  • Options
    Profit wrote: »

No such option. Desktop site works. Confirmed that the statement “blocking someone is easy” is not true.
  • Options
    Profit wrote: »

No such option. Desktop site works. Confirmed that the statement “blocking someone is easy” is not true.
    One of many in this thread, then.
  • TVF
    36665 posts Member
    Options
    This game is supposed to be fun?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH