PVP Argh!!!! Suddenly losing every battle?!

Gosh darn, son of a gun, I'm flopping disgusted in PVP!

Now, hopefully you can all read between the lines. I have a lot of swear words that the forum won't let me use but I'm rather disgusted at PVP right now. At level 47 I seem to be just constantly losing. It's like a switch turned on overnight where I have no chance at winning despite choosing players at lower levels with lower power. Opposing teams seem to hit harder, have seemingly unlimited use of special attacks and my special attacks never seem to stick; e.g. My Lumi having 85% chance to inflict Ability Block with Force Blast. Yet somehow I end up in the 15% of it not working 90% of the time. I'm geared up to Level 6!

What happened? For a while, I couldn't break below top 50. Now two days later, I can't seem to get below 100. It's like every time I level up, everyone else in the planet does too? Yeah I know, lots of competition, everyone leveling up around me. But come on, I can't be the only one to notice the inconsistency in how suddenly the universe of players mysteriously levels up the minute I do!

I was battling in PvP one night at level 45 and facing players that were level 44 thru 48. Then I leveled up in the Cantina to level 46. When I returned to PvP minutes later, in the exact same position I was before (#117), somehow now all my competition was leveled up too. Everyone I faced was now different, and they were all level 46 thru 49 in the same positions I was battling for 5 minutes earlier. Wat?!? How is this PvP ladder structured?

Replies

• when I was level 48-50 it seemed like I hit a wall of UNluck. Everybody was missing crits, getting resisted, opponent AoE seemed to hit harder... Just everything went south for me.

Then somehow it seemed to even out, I dunno if it was a "thing" or I was just having bad luck.

Funny thing is I was talking to a friend who mentioned the same thing, and now I see you going through a similar time.

Dunno what the answer is, it seems to get better. It has for me anyways.
  • Yea, im facing people who seem to get two turns before one of mines at same level, no way they have max gear becuase you need to be certian level to even equip a gear that will give you that speed. Maybe its bugs or something, i have seen some pretty narlly stuff. I was around top 100 and could break into 50s. Now im top 200 and can break into 100s but will get push back in a few hours. Mostly because of kylo and a real cheesy macth up of Kylo,Barris, Siddios,Luminari,duko. That is a real cheesy little skill requiered macth up. As long as there money keeps the server up i don't care much, i can beat that cheese fest when my guys do get those sweet crits in. If they don't thats a loss easy.
  • Cigarman
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    HahA. Just like I tell my kids...gear up and make your team stronger! Sorry thought this was funny and had a few to many beers! 1st post and probably last (usually read post for laughs, but this made me think of my kids)
  • Lol I just beat a guy last min for rewards for prize rank 10-6 xD I got double the rewards....only spent 50 crystals for matches too but that was only bc I realized how weak leia is even in purple elite gear :/ like she hits like a truck but the moment her stealth wears off...bye bye leia
  • So I put my dooku back in, which of course him and kylo countering attacking and like infinite special attacks still seems to get the dirty job done quicker :)
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    when I was level 48-50 it seemed like I hit a wall of UNluck. Everybody was missing crits, getting resisted, opponent AoE seemed to hit harder... Just everything went south for me.

Then somehow it seemed to even out, I dunno if it was a "thing" or I was just having bad luck.

Funny thing is I was talking to a friend who mentioned the same thing, and now I see you going through a similar time.

Same here, but still enduring it at 52. I went three matches with sid's heal block not landing once. Consider that for a moment. Meanwhile, had a match where data rezzed sid twice, once through each ability. Also some bad luck. Infuriating, but it just happens.
  • Thanks for the comments folks. Honestly it's getting ridiculous. I have to consider whether I just suck now but honestly, I just lost again to a player a 2 levels down from me and with 1k less power. Somehow, their toons just kill me off one by one with huge crit values. I just don't get it. I've lost 7 or 8 battles today and won 2.

Honestly makes it so I don't want to play anymore. I may just go back to HoDA where the battles are more predictable and you can see who you're facing. You don't have to worry about selecting a battle that someone has a level 4 First Order Pilot as leader, only to find twenty, 7* Jedi's with a Dooku that goes 8 times in a row with them.
  • djlott wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments folks. Honestly it's getting ridiculous. I have to consider whether I just suck now but honestly, I just lost again to a player a 2 levels down from me and with 1k less power. Somehow, their toons just kill me off one by one with huge crit values. I just don't get it. I've lost 7 or 8 battles today and won 2.

Honestly makes it so I don't want to play anymore. I may just go back to HoDA where the battles are more predictable and you can see who you're facing. You don't have to worry about selecting a battle that someone has a level 4 First Order Pilot as leader, only to find twenty, 7* Jedi's with a Dooku that goes 8 times in a row with them.

CPU definitely crits more imo, your toons either suck and have 0 synergy or you might want to rethink your strats, who do you play?
  • Since the Sith buffs I have had a lot of problems as everyone seems to have Sid except me. He seems powerful now as I miss 80% of my attacks on him. Which has made all the difference in my pvp battles as I have dropped about 50 spots.
  • I have a pretty unique team and I do well with them, maybe my synergy will give you all some ideas. I am on the soft launch server with WhipiT, who is a forum member and is frequently in first place. I usually place somewhere between 75-125th place there. Being the Top of PVP is not a big priority for me, I can hold position easily overnight and move up around 50 positions daily to get under #100 with little effort and I'm satisfied with that.

Here's my team members:
    • Darth Sidious 6* Gear Level 7
    • Luminara Unduli 6* Gear Level 7
    • Asajj Ventress 6* Gear Level 7
    • Dathcha 5* Gear Level 6
    • Captain Phasma 5* Gear Level 7

I also have some alternates to switch in:
    • Old Daka 5* Gear Level 6
    • IG-88 5* Gear Level 6

Finally, works in progress.....
    • HK-47 4* Gear Level 6
    • Savage Opress 4* Gear Level 6
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the tips folks. At the moment I'm F2P so that is obviously my handicap. Here are the toons I'm using (all level 48):

Chewie, 4*
    Sidious 5*
    Talia 4*
    Jedi Cons 3*
    Cad Bane 3*
    Lumi 3*
    Teebo 2*
    Cap'n Phasma 3*
    Jawa 3*

About 50% are at Level 6 gear and abilities are a mix of level 3 and 4. I'm mostly focused on starring up Sid and Talia right now and spending my energy on level 6 gear. Those 20 laptop thingies are a beach though! Also Farming Boba Fett shards.

I also have the following toons that are low level, ungeared, etc.

First order pilot
    IG-86
    Snow trooper
    Clone Sergeant P1
    IG-88
    Genosian Soldier
    Ewok Scout
    Royal Guard
    Resistance Trooper

Am I just reaching too far as a F2P or do I have to consider the idea that I might just suck at the arena battles LOL? Thanks everyone for entertaining my rant thread.
  • You have to take in account for bad luck sometimes. One lucky stun could spell disaster
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Hey guys, I seem to have broken my losing streak. It was levels 40 thru 50 that were the hardest. Now my toons are lvl 54 and I'm over the Dooku hump.
    Thanks for the comments folks. Honestly it's getting ridiculous. I have to consider whether I just suck now but honestly, I just lost again to a player a 2 levels down from me and with 1k less power. Somehow, their toons just kill me off one by one with huge crit values. I just don't get it. I've lost 7 or 8 battles today and won 2.

It seems like you don't have enough burst damage . Give yourself some weeks to fix this issue by investing in some high dps character
  • I'd recommend not starring up Talia. Her dmg isn't very good IMO and her heal hurts herself. Lumi seems like a better replacement IMO!
  • Also have to remember that other people are leveling up too. Some of them have deep pockets and pay to win. It's the nature of the game and unless you want to spend some cash to keep competitive there isn't much else you can do. Just enjoy the game and concentrate on building up the team you have and if you have the cash to spare, buy a character bundle whenever they are available. Those are some of the best characters in the game.

Double check their power. I think I've seen this "trick" a few times where the leader is a slightly lower level than the team. EX: the leader is a 55 sid but the power is near or over 17,000. The power is inconsistent for a team of 55s but about right for a bunch of 57s.

I think they're suckering you into what you thought was an easy fight by placing an under-leveled character in the leader position.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm having exactly the same issue. How can I be out turned 3:1 on every PvP battle I enter?
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    when I was level 48-50 it seemed like I hit a wall of UNluck. Everybody was missing crits, getting resisted, opponent AoE seemed to hit harder... Just everything went south for me.

Exact same happened to me. But yea it gets better.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It's simple: the game is programmed to boost the AI team and nerf the player team. There is NO other explanation for it. There is also rubberband coding built in where they really boost up less powerful teams you face. It's so bad I basically avoid teams that I figure will be easy wins just so I don't get frustrated when I watch my team become weak. I will say that my team seems to do better against more powerful teams so I basically just select them and if I lose, I am fine with it since they are more powerful and I usually get the benefit of watching my team not be nerfed into oblivion.

Sucks you are experiencing it but at the same time it is nice to see I'm not alone in seeing this garbage. Especially like seeing Lumi's percentage not be anywhere near what it says because it's like my Sid lightning strike that has a 90% jedi stun chance but it's more like 40% for me and that isn't taking in account the jedi resisting it. If I include the resisting then it's more like 25% stun. These things indicate blatant cheating in the code.

Yesterday I did a match where the AI team got 5 straight critical hits and 6 of 7 along with many others in the match (the leader wasn't Sid but even if it was, his leader ability shouldn't make that happen) while my team got zero criticals. Yes, zero. Amazingly, I won that match despite that and it went on long enough that the lack of a single critical hit was glaring.

I am really liking the new gold of the game not having a 100% ability go off for me or AI characters getting abilities they don't have like a team suddenly getting 2 turn critical up when they had no character that could provide that...or another guy yesterday saying how Sid was countering him when Sid can't do that and there wasn't anyone in the squad that could cause that.

I should note this is in EVERY EA game where stats factor in and if anyone has played Madden, they should know this is the EA way. I used to play Need for Speed No Limits on my last tablet and in the pseudo-pvp mode in that game, I would be in races against cars that were far less powerful and they'd somehow be able to keep up acceleration wise at the start and had a lot of extra turbo. I'd win the races but it shouldn't have been close like how it usually was. Many user reviews complained about this rubberband issue as well. Defenders would well, defend and try and blame players for it instead of accept the AI was cheating.

So yeah, it's not you or anything you can do or bad luck. It's the game, whether some wish to acknowledge that or not.

I'll say that this seems to be something that has started the last week or two as I don't recall it being like this when I started playing the game at the start of December. No Limits was the same as the cheating wasn't always there from when I started playing it and seemed to be put in in a later update. User reviews also seemed to back that up.

Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on