Leia Organa Tier 2

Prev1
I just wanna say that after farming everything, getting the Currency and having good mods as a day one player I feel that CG have extremely bad game design here.

The challenge should be getting here, not beating stupid tiers, or like I did, fail three times.

I'm getting closer and closer to quit playing, which should be something CG thinks about, losing day 1 players because they fail with events like this, last Conquest and a bunch more, without rectifying or compensate

Replies

• Watch Xarerh's guide on it. I went 3/4 attempts with both characters at R5. It's all about modding for tenacity and having two crit avoid tenacity arrows so you don't get one shot by DV.

I would have done a cursory Google search for a guide after failing one or two much less failing three and then posting you're going to quit on the forums.
  • Watch Xarerh's guide on it. I went 3/4 attempts with both characters at R5. It's all about modding for tenacity and having two crit avoid tenacity arrows so you don't get one shot by DV.

I would have done a cursory Google search for a guide after failing one or two much less failing three and then posting you're going to quit on the forums.

Sadly I have none tenacity with CA, but the issue isn't mods or strategy, it's the bad game design doing something most people invest months for unlocking a boring and frustrating event

• The difficulty between unlocking different GLs is inconsistent to say the least.
    And even that would be fine if they just changed it so that GL tickets would only be spent on a successful run. That would fix the problem when app crashes mid run as well, it doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s really a kick to the gut.

Yeah, crashes there are bad, but GAC isn't fun either.
    Same with last Conquest, the make good box we got was a true kick in the face

can u tell us ur zetas??

can u tell us ur zetas??

ROLO
  • The event grants temporary zetas.
  • TVF
    36418 posts Member
    The event grants temporary zetas.

Only for han in t2, not rolo
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thank you.

Since I have ROLO's zetas but not CHan's I saw a zeta that didn't actually exist on my toons and thought all of them were supplied for the mission.
  • I have looked up guides, modded like crazy and even increased ROLO to R6 and I still can’t win tier 2 of the Liea event. I won the first try, but after that I have lost 8 times in a row. A couple of times I got Vader down to nearly nothing and than he regained all health and wiped me out. It’s ridiculous.
  • Thorvald85 wrote: »
    I have looked up guides, modded like crazy and even increased ROLO to R6 and I still can’t win tier 2 of the Liea event. I won the first try, but after that I have lost 8 times in a row. A couple of times I got Vader down to nearly nothing and than he regained all health and wiped me out. It’s ridiculous.
    If you could post your characters’ stats may we could help.
  • it is unnecessary annoying stages like these that make individuals stop spending and quit. There is no reason for this other then to make players spend more resources and time in the game to pad the "playtime metric". couple that with the "ticket" annoyance ... ya. Sitting on teir 2 also ... no longer caring if I "get leia" or not. till the new raid comes out

its not "fun" or "challenging" - just **** individuals off
  • I modded appropriately, lost the first one and wondered if this really was going to be a nightmare.

But I won the next 3 in a row, put my mods back, and was done. It took 20 minutes.

I can see the problems others have had. I had them myself to a greater degree on the first run and a less degree on my third. And maybe I just happened to have the right mods for this, but at least this was an event that could be modded for. Players control mods, so even though you can't guarantee yourself a win, it's still more about you than anything else. This is much better than the Aphra event in that sense. Aphra required multiple dodges and the dodge chance was baked into the kits without even evasion mastery, so you didn't even have the option of bumping up a relic level in order to have a better chance of success.

I'm not saying this is good. My stance on GL unlock events is, I think, clear. But I gotta say it's much better than Aphra's Hondo phase.
  • I hear that.
  • Puuh, remodding for event and need to do it by tearing up lots of mod sets is just annoying.
    Try 1: Not right mods but great mods -> loss, but it was still pretty close
    Try 2: Right mods (apparently still not good enough), win, pretty annoyting though as vader heals so much
    Try 3: vader goes all in Solo -> loss
    Try 4: Again loss vadeer htis Slo
    Try 5: loss

Result Need to remod back as ran out of energy (which is the most annoying part here) very stupid event. SuperRNG

Hint: Do not farm leia :)

whats your Tenacity%, looks like mine is just too low

-D
  • I used 2 versions of Captain Han. The one I used for the most battles was 174% tenacity, with CritAvoid on the Arrow. ROLO didn't take Tenacity in my version b/c it would have been too hard to get her up in the 170%+ zone. I loaded her with CD and potency to burn down Vader quicker than he can heal.
  • Gawejn
    1085 posts Member
    My friend didnt use crit avoidance arrow at all. He used offensive and speed aproach. Han had only 15% tenacity added from mods. R5 both. He made it. Yes leia died twice. But he could revive her. So, no, idea about tenacity aproach is not the only way to beat it.
  • Loaded up on Mods after watching the Zaereth videos today.

And went 0/5. Ugh, what a horrible event.

I'm thinking maybe the burn down approach is better because the Tenacity/CA isn't doing crap, he's smashing them both.
  • MasterSeedy
    4922 posts Member
    edited January 30
    @Schwartzring

I went potency on Leia for the multiple exposes to ability block him at the start, then kill him as quickly as possible.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • Here is problem: full tenacity
    Just fill them with potency(with potency mods) and let exposes to do their job..
    Exposes melts Vader fast..
    Do not use heal because then you only heal Vader.
    Use lot of basics to get more exposes..
    Rolo aoe start of match and again only if Vader is going merciless.. with potency you got also better chance to ab Vader
  • Rius
    351 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Exposes are from C3PO who you do not have control of mods. ROLO also has to hit twice, then potency check for AB. Zeta and good mods may improve chances but it is left with a massive RNG factor which if you are ‘lucky’ in a few attempts you can’t really appreciate the bad RNG possible. Runs without a single AB on Vader despite 100% potency on ROLO. Runs with no exposes landing on Vader and you can’t alter C3PO modding and the others had 100% potency. Being deleted even with a CA arrow. CH having a ton of DoT even with 100% tenacity. I only got ROLO up to 70-80%.

The issue is not how difficult it is, it is that it costs tickets to re-run and that there seems to be such varied experiences. Any advice I have seen from someone successful in the first 3-4 attempts is limited as often they did not experience the bad RNG possible. My mods were as good as the guides I watched from the start specifically farmed up for the mission ahead of time and I still went 3-10.

All I can say is once you have double checked mods, checked strategy keep going till stars align and you land the exposes and ability blocks. For best opportunity m save specials towards end of phase one so they are all available immediately on phase two. My win condition was landing exposes and AB asap on Vader.
  • CH having a ton of DoT even with 100% tenacity.

100% Ten doesn't slow Vader down at all.

I had 174-178% tenacity on Han (just from base stats + mods, after entering the battle he got more from Leia's leadership) which allowed him to stay alive to resurrect Leia as necessary.

Infinite potency doesn't prevent missing your debuffs b/c there's always a minimum 15% chance to resist. That said, I had 116% Pot on Leia and that worked well.

Yes, the RNG exists. Yes, it can go badly wrong if you are sufficiently unlucky. But there's a huge difference between 100% Ten and 178%. And there's a significant, although not huge, difference between 90-100 Potency and 116%.

I don't say this to challenge your basic thesis. I generally am in agreement with what you're saying, save only that I would max Ten on Han to ensure survival and max Pot only on Leia. Look for at least 165% Ten on Han, preferably 170%. When I worked with people using less than 155% Ten it generally didn't make enough of a difference. Vader has too many attempts to land DoTs, and once they're there, they're permanent. If Vader has even a 20% chance to land a debuff, that's too much, which is why the difference between 155% and 175% is so huge. You are resisting more debuffs and 130% and 140%, you're just not resisting enough. The Tenacity has to go huge or go home.

other than that, yeah. Save your specials when Wv1 starts winding down. Exposes are key to condensing enough damage between Vader's heals to actually take him down. It's all generally good advice. I'm just more hopeful than you, because I have streamed with a number of players working on this and Taliana has run some numbers on this and other 50 Shards members have chimed in and it really seems like 165%+ Ten is key, with the real improvements to success happening above 170% Ten on Han, because that's when he starts resisting so many DoTs he becomes virtually immune.
  • For anyone still struggling I used this guide, obviously helped that going into Tier 2 I knew it was tough so pre-prepared mods etc but following this didnt drop a round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLxYBWM0OhM&ab_channel=GamingYourOwnWay
  • For anyone still struggling I used this guide, obviously helped that going into Tier 2 I knew it was tough so pre-prepared mods etc but following this didnt drop a round.

That is guide i used too.. with success
    And that is why i dont understand why everyone keeps telling to use tenacity builds..
    Potency build worked great for me..
  • Puuzaa wrote: »
    For anyone still struggling I used this guide, obviously helped that going into Tier 2 I knew it was tough so pre-prepared mods etc but following this didnt drop a round.

That is guide i used too.. with success
    And that is why i dont understand why everyone keeps telling to use tenacity builds..
    Potency build worked great for me..

Agree, people using Tenacity is probably why they fail, sadly that seems to be the advice handed out and really just pure luck I found this video first or Id be in that situation!

• It should be hard, it's the whole point of it. Go through emotions while doing it and ofc at the end the reward is a new GL in your roster.
  • Use potency mods instead of tenacity.
    ROLO speed 260+, CHan speed 240+
    Potency for both should be 120+

Use basics on Vader and let the exposes kill him. The only thing I would say to help is save 3PO's OMG special for the Vader part so you can wipe out his protection.

I only wasted 1 round of tix and that's only because I wanted to see the mechanics myself.

Good luck!